Third Bind Guide and/or Discussion.

Obtaurian

I am still curious on how people without plates can SOLO puzzle rooms with mages/rangers/necros/shades while taking minimal damage.

It is also unfair to assume that offensive third binds are effective in all gds because you all assume that there will be 1 hexer and 1 mage and 1 baxe and 1 2h at all gds at one time. It is also not optimal for damage input for each one of these people to solo the one monster that they should be attacking instead of piling the most dangerous monsters first.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about taking minimal damage. What makes me a good keyer is I don't rely on the team. I do my path, they do theirs. They call me when they have key doors, I call them when I have GD's that will take forever (fire giants, hellhounds, that's about it tbh). Otherwise, we stay apart. As far as solo puzzle rooms, depends on the length. RC tiles room? Tank them, that room takes 30 seconds max. Color blocks? Tank them, have 1 person gt to get colors, or tank while i get colors. That room is 45 seconds max. Fishing ferrets? Debateable. Usually, I clear shades/necros, but nothing else. That room is 60 seconds max. Now when you get crap like 5 statues room, obviously clear angries. That room is probably 2 mins.

If you carry ggs on you 95% of the time like I do, you barely waste time if you die. Gate drops, tele back, simple. Dunno why you always have the mindset that dying is a waste of time.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

It's not about taking minimal damage. What makes me a good keyer is I don't rely on the team. I do my path, they do theirs. They call me when they have key doors, I call them when I have GD's that will take forever (fire giants, hellhounds, that's about it tbh). Otherwise, we stay apart. As far as solo puzzle rooms, depends on the length. RC tiles room? Tank them, that room takes 30 seconds max. Color blocks? Tank them, have 1 person gt to get colors, or tank while i get colors. That room is 45 seconds max. Fishing ferrets? Debateable. Usually, I clear shades/necros, but nothing else. That room is 60 seconds max. Now when you get crap like 5 statues room, obviously clear angries. That room is probably 2 mins.

If you carry ggs on you 95% of the time like I do, you barely waste time if you die. Gate drops, tele back, simple. Dunno why you always have the mindset that dying is a waste of time.

just mine 5-6 from 5 stats room and make weapons. hide behind statues and click quickly

options are:

Sword

Bow

Staff

if you suck go to a safe room nearby or a gs / gt

dying is a waste of time if you value xp, which although a lot of players dg for fun, they want 113/120 for primal 2h / 4th bind.

I plan on suiciding again once I get 120 dng

@games

Occasionally I'll clear a monster or two in an angry puzzle room (often I'll snipe a mage to death in 3 hits mostly losslessly while running doing the puzzle and pray range).

Personally I didn't like offensive 3rd binds a huge amount as keyer before hex. On a good team I think mage is worth it but that's about it. Hex is definitely worth it for the keyer though, since mages are priority.

I'm still of the opinion that plate>blood neck for keyer. Unless suiciding. Same with sag body as 4th w/ hex as keyer unless suiciding.

siggya.png

I'm not 100 dg yet but I have a question on what I should bind when I get there.

By the time I have 100dg I will probably have 70 rc and 99 magic(61 and 97 atm) but I wont have 99 attack.

So is it best for me to use a csb with an emp fire/ccs+prom 2h OR prom gaunts/rapier+prom 2h with a csb as ammo bind and make a t1 fire staff ASAP.

AbandonnedHeroDpser22.pngWarpedHeroDpser20.png

I'm not 100 dg yet but I have a question on what I should bind when I get there.

By the time I have 100dg I will probably have 70 rc and 99 magic(61 and 97 atm) but I wont have 99 attack.

So is it best for me to use a csb with an emp fire/ccs+prom 2h OR prom gaunts/rapier+prom 2h with a csb as ammo bind and make a t1 fire staff ASAP.

If specializing in magic is something you think you'd like to do, ccs and prom 2h would not be a bad choice. We need more staff binders, they help a lot.

However, you're right in thinking that ccs and 2h are not an ideal pairing. A prom rapier could also work well and would definitely be easier to manage. I wouldn't consider prom gaunts without a battleaxe, though.

I'd say prom rapier and ccs would be about equally helpful, though obviously situational. It's up to you. Keep in mind that the staff would take a LOT more effort between rune collection and the longer switch time. You'd definitely be keeping the staff and surgebox on by default and only switching to 2h when there's nothing to mage.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

If specializing in magic is something you think you'd like to do, ccs and prom 2h would not be a bad choice. We need more staff binders, they help a lot.

However, you're right in thinking that ccs and 2h are not an ideal pairing. A prom rapier could also work well and would definitely be easier to manage. I wouldn't consider prom gaunts without a battleaxe, though.

I'd say prom rapier and ccs would be about equally helpful, though obviously situational. It's up to you. Keep in mind that the staff would take a LOT more effort between rune collection and the longer switch time. You'd definitely be keeping the staff and surgebox on by default and only switching to 2h when there's nothing to mage.

Thanks for your fast advice :smile: !

I think you're right with saying that a staff will be harder to manage than a rapier but I still have some time to practice that.

AbandonnedHeroDpser22.pngWarpedHeroDpser20.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this guide! I'm finally doing the 97-100+ stretch and was wondering what my "permanent" third bind would/should be after I get finished [bleep]ing around playing with othersPrimal_kiteshield.gif!

Well, the first post helped. I'm not sure what the rest of the thread accomplished :-?

I'm a bit unhappy that testing has rendered the Prim Rapier "redundant" if used with the Battleaxe, but I'm glad that I know now.

2dgucz6.png

just recently got the rapier, i would like to know how rapier is better on shades/zombies/spiders on slash than the 2h. The 2h has a higher str bonus and accuracy for slash :blink:

...Speed?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

just recently got the rapier, i would like to know how rapier is better on shades/zombies/spiders on slash than the 2h. The 2h has a higher str bonus and accuracy for slash :blink:

...Speed?

:wall: im such a noob :P

How about hood + primal rapier + ccs combo ?

Theoretically doable but then you'd basically only be a special teams player. The player would need to be extremely proficient in getting elemental runes, and there would still be monsters they just can't kill(t11 rangers and mages, skeleton mages, some bosses(fire surge on thundy)). I'd actually really like to see someone try this.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

How about hood + primal rapier + ccs combo ?

Theoretically doable but then you'd basically only be a special teams player. The player would need to be extremely proficient in getting elemental runes, and there would still be monsters they just can't kill(t11 rangers and mages, skeleton mages, some bosses(fire surge on thundy)). I'd actually really like to see someone try this.

Primal rapier has a slash option.

Point being? 65 slash bonus on 360 slash def max hit = can't kill(just look at udg prod trying to rapier a skele mage).

Point being? 65 slash bonus on 360 slash def max hit = can't kill(just look at udg prod trying to rapier a skele mage).

Well afaik thundy has pretty low slash defence so rapier wouldn't be much worse than 2h/baxe (as opposed to a maul -.- )

Well afaik thundy has pretty low slash defence so rapier wouldn't be much worse than 2h/baxe (as opposed to a maul -.- )

As far as i'm aware, thundy has enough slash def for 2h to be better than baxe, even with turmoil. As all demons are severely mage weak, fire surge with ccs could actually rival 2h there(although it's somewhat harder to use).

Rapier + CCS probably couldn't kill skeleton mages, but range armour tends to be weak to stab, so a maxed player with a primal rapier ought to be able to handle a t11 ranger. Dunno about the t11 mage. And you'd probably need to Fire Surge Thundy, altho I know hardly anything about him.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Maging the Thunderous is pretty easy. Just click on the ground around him before attacking him, otherwise he'll start maging everyone.

Fire Surge works nicely on him. It works a lot better than meleeing him for me (90 Attack, 91 Strength, P2H) so I usually mage him with leech Magic and leech Defence on to speed the kill up for everyone.

Coming from someone who used to use a rapier - it can't do squat on skeletons. I spent more than 5 minutes trying to kill a lv 136 or so skeleton mage with gorg rapier + tactician.

Coming from someone who used to use a rapier - it can't do squat on skeletons. I spent more than 5 minutes trying to kill a lv 136 or so skeleton mage with gorg rapier + tactician.

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.

Try primal rapier next time.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Try primal rapier next time.

Add berserker to the list as well.