Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, the quick printscreen idea where you can quickly grab/display a screeny of the map would be very easy... I've already got the screenshot functions written to screeny certain areas of the RuneScape applet.

OH PLEASE DO IT! A separate window of the dg map updating itself(probably every 30 seconds) would be almost infinitely useful for dungeoneering- knowing where everything is all the time would, in all likelyhood, also decrease the need for the key map. I know of atleast a few people who are having major problems with using the map in dungeons(myself included, usually never looking at the map in a dungeon).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Also, the quick printscreen idea where you can quickly grab/display a screeny of the map would be very easy... I've already got the screenshot functions written to screeny certain areas of the RuneScape applet.

OH PLEASE DO IT! A separate window of the dg map updating itself(probably every 30 seconds) would be almost infinitely useful for dungeoneering- knowing where everything is all the time would, in all likelyhood, also decrease the need for the key map. I know of atleast a few people who are having major problems with using the map in dungeons(myself included, usually never looking at the map in a dungeon).

How do you never look at the map in a dungeon and still know where to go?

And the map won't be updated unless you actually open the rs map in the first place.

The problem with this is that you actually need to open up a world map in order for a DG world map to update.

And opening up a map in DG is not instantaneous, so this kinda gets in the way of your DGing.

Would be better with a team interface though, cuz then only one person would need to do it at a given time.

I was thinking something like google docs to paste images.

but pasting on google docs with AHK isn't very convenient at the very least, but perhaps wicked knows more than me on this one.

another problem is a lot of peoples computers/internets don't like handling google doc & dungenoeering at the same time.

I tried this a while ago. People like obtaurian would get a lot of door lag.

Naaxi.png

How do you never look at the map in a dungeon and still know where to go?

And the map won't be updated unless you actually open the rs map in the first place.

I don't know where i am, but when i'm dpsing, it really isn't important as long as i remember a few junctions in the dungeon. Having the map up would help alot for keying, however.

As for the updating, assuming it would click the map and close it in a tick thereafter, there really shouldn't be a problem with auto-updating, atleast as far as i know.

am i right in saying that buckthorn/aloe/featherfoil shouldnt be picked up? I dont see any use for def/statrestore/rejuv/cure pots

Cool kids make themselves strong rejuvs to do thundy without altar, and some less cool players(see: platebeard) will die to thundy drinking the potions.

am i right in saying that buckthorn/aloe/featherfoil shouldnt be picked up? I dont see any use for def/statrestore/rejuv/cure pots

In the rare case you happen to find a buckthorn, spare claw, humidify runes, have no available altar - yes it would be worth making a rejuv pot losslessly. But that's of course after you've made dino armour & done all the more important things.

C1Geq.png

In the rare case you happen to find a buckthorn, spare claw, humidify runes, have no available altar - yes it would be worth making a rejuv pot losslessly. But that's of course after you've made dino armour & done all the more important things.

I carry all seconds and waterfilled vials around anyway so it doesn't take extra time. Besides, i don't have much use for dino armor, and it's not very effective to make it while using melee combat(lowers dps or makes you unable to safespot/sidestep/etc).

27 rc requirement plz.

annoying when a teammate cant make their own cosmics.

(at 27rc they can bind laws and make cosmics)

if they have a hex, 54rc req?

I think you mean 8 Runecrafting, right?

Our_Moon.png

27 rc requirement plz.

In those cases, I would recommend the person level up their Artisan ring in lieu of the Gatherer's Ring.

27 rc requirement plz.

why would he mean 8?

There is nothing at level 8

He meant 27.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

If anybody happens to have some pics of the rs dng map with lots of ?s it'd be appreciated !

Completed maps are useless.

Need some for examples on guide and I am too busy while keying usually

If anybody has some or doesn't mind taking some pics, thanks :)

Pm me

siggya.png

Maybe I am missing something, but the cc is DGS right? There is only a few people in there ever. This thread seems way to busy for a clan chat not to be booming also.

Got it guys, asked trey and he was very helpful :D

He didn't say Friend's chat; he said guest chat, so the answer is yes.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

27 rc requirement plz.

why would he mean 8?

There is nothing at level 8

He meant 27.

i meant 27 so they can make their own cosmics lol.

27 rc requirement plz.

In those cases, I would recommend the person level up their Artisan ring in lieu of the Gatherer's Ring.

wat? how would that help?

27rc isnt even that hard to get - about 20mins of ZMI