Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Research is a major focus of DGS, and we're starting a DG Guide/Databook over at TEF.

Normally I collect data on my own, and pay money to a few players to help.

But I neither have enough free time on my hands nor enough GP in my bank to put into such a large project.

If you would like to volunteer, PLEASE CONTACT ME, through PM preferably.

There are details we need to go over before you collect your data.

Last thing I want is someone collecting data that ends up being useless.

I basically need you to count the # misses and non misses you hit on various monsters

The list of monsters we're interested in is here

So I actually really need people's help now.

Anyone that provides 2000 total data points to the log, or 1000 data points to a single monster in the log, will be given a 2 stripe rank as thanks for their contributions.

This does not particularly apply to wingmen and keyer ranks, but I still expect these people help with research as well.

I personally will be spending dozens of hours collecting data once I'm done maxing.

That being said: Please don't go about collecting data in the middle of larges though, unless the rest of the team is okay with it.

And thank you for the help of any volunteers that contribute.

And once again:

Repost so people can see it.

C1Geq.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For as much animosity as this thread generates between 3bo members and DGS, I think it is extremely beneficial for both parties involved in that everyone can learn something.

Just like to mention a few things that came to mind recently.

Having never dungeoneered with a true DGS team, I was wondering how no platers fair when running doors. As any good dungeoneer knows, having teammates who run keys is essential to good floor times. Most everyone in 3bo has a plate, and thus most everyone is capable of slapping on deflect magic, and running through 3-6 rooms if necessary on as little as 1-2 food, provided there are no hax rooms (where taking loads of damage is inevitable). I'm wondering how much more difficult it would be to run doors without a plate. Obviously, none of DGS soul split and stepping tactics would come into play because running through (non gd) rooms does not involve killing anything.

Also, because of the plate binds, 3bo teams are easily capable of splitting up between multiple guardian doors, while the entire DPS idea behind DGS strategy seems to focus on the entire team (- the keyer perhaps) to be in the same gd. Obviously its better to do the gd's as a team, but the flexibility that the plate offers is valuable in my opinion. For example, lets say the keyer is off somewhere, and a big gd is opened at the same time as a jumpy, but the rooms are far apart. 3 people leave for the gd while one stays at the jumpy. Lets say the jumpy leads to another gd, but with only two monsters, a forgotten mage and a level 136 range skele. A 3bo member with a plate would easily be able to solo the smaller gd, and continue on the section of the map without having to move the ggs back. This would be ideal, considering the less the ggs has to be moved around the map, the less time is wasted teleing/moving it 1-2 extra doors etc, and the faster the floor is. However, a DGS member would have a very difficult time soloing the same room while praying mage because the skele would rip constant 150-200s. This is, in my opinion, a specific example that highlights the overall practicality of the plate compared to a rapier or gaunts as a third bind.

As interesting as DGS whole DPS philosophy is, it just isn't very practical. For maximum effort and maximum dependence on ones teammates, a DGSer is rewarded with (assuming everything between two teams is equal) the best floor times. On the contrary, a 3bo team can put forth minimal (no turmoil) to average (turmoiling/soul splitting early on in hard gd's) effort and minimal dependence on the binds and ability of other teammates, save the keyer, and still get more than satisfactory floor times. One or two players on a team electing to go for dps binds hardly makes a difference. Its an all or none sort of thing.

My point is this. The reason I am sticking with 3bo (and my plate) is that I want to put as little dependence on my teammates as possible. If they are 10 seconds late to a gd, or one guy is being an idiot and isnt there, it hardly matters at all. 95% of the time, I'm not going to die or use a great deal more food because of it. In DGS, it doesn't appear you have that luxury. All 5 members of the team need to be reacting as quickly as possible and doing exactly what they ought to for the strategy to work. And even if you were to find 5 such individuals, putting the same team in a typical 3bo situation would yield a very comparable (albeit, I admit, a slightly slower) floor.

In absolutely ideal circumstances, a DGS team would trump a 3bo one. But anything short of near perfection on the part of the DGS team, and 3bo is better.

Some things to keep in mind about people which I think make the idealist methods of DGS inferior are that the vast majority of people are inherently lazy, average intellect, and concerned primarily about their own agenda, and secondarily about the agenda of those around them. The principles of DGS go against all of these natural tendencies, and thus are far less likely to be worth while than the approach 3bo takes which clearly accounts for them. 3bo's binds reflect this, as the plate and 2h satisfy the laziness aspect. All you have to do is pray mage, and switch to crush for skeletons (and you don't even really HAVE to do that, because the 2h is so good anyways). The plate also provides a huge guard against death (and thus, exp loss), and thus reflects the person's desire to (presumably) get fast exp, although some people don't even really care about this lol.

3bo epitomizes the "almost the best, for a quarter of the effort" type of training that runescapers love. Why do people do pyramid plunder instead of blackjacking, or ivy instead of teaks/arctic pine splitting? This is the reason 3bo is a huge success. But do not get me wrong, as a player focusing on efficiency, I would often opt to go for the more intense yet more rewarding method of training. But that was always dependent on me, and not four others. That is why dungeoneering is different, and why DGS is, at best, an equal to 3bo. And because very few people are willing to work much harder for the same result, DGS will probably fail. Its strength now stems from its acceptance of <105(110) dg, not people's whole hearted support of its methods.

tldr:

If I could dungeoneer with 5 of me, I would choose the DPS methods DGS outlines. But since thats not a possibility, I elect to account for the extreme likelihood that someone on my team, at some point, will mess up, knowing that I will have some insurance against that through my binds and everyone elses. DGS is idealistically fantastic, and realistically disappointing, while 3bo is idealistically blind, and realistically practical.

PS I made Foot a rapier today while he was keying, so no more of this spear bs lol.

For as much animosity as this thread generates between 3bo members and DGS, I think it is extremely beneficial for both parties involved in that everyone can learn something.

Having never dungeoneered with a true DGS team, I was wondering how no platers fair when running doors. As any good dungeoneer knows, having teammates who run keys is essential to good floor times. Most everyone in 3bo has a plate, and thus most everyone is capable of slapping on deflect magic, and running through 3-6 rooms if necessary on as little as 1-2 food, provided there are no hax rooms (where taking loads of damage is inevitable). I'm wondering how much more difficult it would be to run doors without a plate. Obviously, none of DGS soul split and stepping tactics would come into play because running through (non gd) rooms does not involve killing anything.

You can still pray accordingly. The laziness you describe is exactly what we avoid in dgs. Not every room has mages & even when they do, it's sometimes bette to pray range/melee.

Also, because of the plate binds, 3bo teams are easily capable of splitting up between multiple guardian doors, while the entire DPS idea behind DGS strategy seems to focus on the entire team (- the keyer perhaps) to be in the same gd.

Don't know where you got this from. Like you said - you've not dungeoneered with a dgs team.Having a lot more experience dging with dgs, I can say it's not at all like that.

Obviously its better to do the gd's as a team, but the flexibility that the plate offers is valuable in my opinion. For example, lets say the keyer is off somewhere, and a big gd is opened at the same time as a jumpy, but the rooms are far apart. 3 people leave for the gd while one stays at the jumpy. Lets say the jumpy leads to another gd, but with only two monsters, a forgotten mage and a level 136 range skele. A 3bo member with a plate would easily be able to solo the smaller gd, and continue on the section of the map without having to move the ggs back. This would be ideal, considering the less the ggs has to be moved around the map, the less time is wasted teleing/moving it 1-2 extra doors etc, and the faster the floor is. However, a DGS member would have a very difficult time soloing the same room while praying mage because the skele would rip constant 150-200s. This is, in my opinion, a specific example that highlights the overall practicality of the plate compared to a rapier or gaunts as a third bind.

Safespotting, luring, sidestepping, trampling. All theses things are taught in dgs. You should try them out - they help avoid deaths. There's almost always a way to avoid damage in any one room, you just need to learn how to. I wouldn't expect a 3bo member to know any of these, so I can understand it's hard for you to see how people avoid damage.

As interesting as DGS whole DPS philosophy is, it just isn't very practical. For maximum effort and maximum dependence on ones teammates, a DGSer is rewarded with (assuming everything between two teams is equal) the best floor times. On the contrary, a 3bo team can put forth minimal (no turmoil) to average (turmoiling/soul splitting early on in hard gd's) effort and minimal dependence on the binds and ability of other teammates, save the keyer, and still get more than satisfactory floor times. One or two players on a team electing to go for dps binds hardly makes a difference. Its an all or none sort of thing.

Actually it does make a difference - having everyone with a dps bind (hex, ccstaff, neck/gaunts would be the best ones to have in a team) , speeds up the floor. A plate encourages laziness which well, isn't something dgs advocates. If you want to be lazy, sure go to 3bo.

My point is this. The reason I am sticking with 3bo (and my plate) is that I want to put as little dependence on my teammates as possible. If they are 10 seconds late to a gd, or one guy is being an idiot and isnt there, it hardly matters at all. 95% of the time, I'm not going to die or use a great deal more food because of it. In DGS, it doesn't appear you have that luxury. All 5 members of the team need to be reacting as quickly as possible and doing exactly what they ought to for the strategy to work. And even if you were to find 5 such individuals, putting the same team in a typical 3bo situation would yield a very comparable (albeit, I admit, a slightly slower) floor.

You make your binds because as another 3boer said in the thread, 90% of teams are crap and 10% are good in 3bo. You're depending on the team being crap. In dgs we're teaching pros (and enjoying it :) ), not grinding people to 120 as easily as possible.

In absolutely ideal circumstances, a DGS team would trump a 3bo one. But anything short of near perfection on the part of the DGS team, and 3bo is better.

Not entirely sure how you can say something like that, a dgs team will easily beat a 3bo team of 120ers who've grinded to 120 using 3bo. (problem is, most 120+ 3boers have the equivalent knowledge of someone who has spent say a month in dgs). 3bo does not teach people to become better, 3bo turns dungeeonering into a grind fest.

Some things to keep in mind about people which I think make the idealist methods of DGS inferior are that the vast majority of people are inherently lazy, average intellect, and concerned primarily about their own agenda, and secondarily about the agenda of those around them. The principles of DGS go against all of these natural tendencies, and thus are far less likely to be worth while than the approach 3bo takes which clearly accounts for them. 3bo's binds reflect this, as the plate and 2h satisfy the laziness aspect. All you have to do is pray mage, and switch to crush for skeletons (and you don't even really HAVE to do that, because the 2h is so good anyways).

The reason that those "natural tendencies" exist in 3bo is because you allow it. If 3bo were to become a more efficient community that was based on actually being the best and not just for grinding platebeards to 120, you wouldn't see people with plates & the lazy attitude that seems to be ok in 3bo wouldn't exist. The majority of 120s I know that used 3bo are platebeards (sometimes even with platelegs, lol). 3bo = grinding the skill (which is fine, by the way. It keeps the lazy people out of dgs :wink: )

dgs = becoming the best at the skill.

The plate also provides a huge guard against death (and thus, exp loss), and thus reflects the person's desire to (presumably) get fast exp, although some people don't even really care about this lol.

If you don't use any strategy like you said and just turn on mage pray and slash the hell out of everything, you're going to die. You need to actually use strategy in dgs to avoid damage. This may not be your cup of tea and if so, stay with 3bo.

3bo epitomizes the "almost the best, for a quarter of the effort" type of training that runescapers love. Why do people do pyramid plunder instead of blackjacking, or ivy instead of teaks/arctic pine splitting? This is the reason 3bo is a huge success. But do not get me wrong, as a player focusing on efficiency, I would often opt to go for the more intense yet more rewarding method of training. But that was always dependent on me, and not four others.

You act as though it takes a tonne of effort to be efficient in a dg. Turm flashing/safespotting/luring/kiting/sidestepping/trampling takes very little effort at all. Like I said, dgs is not here to grind you to 120 like 3bo is. We're a completely different clan - we promote actual learning and encourage knowledge of dungeoneering.

That is why dungeoneering is different, and why DGS is, at best, an equal to 3bo. And because very few people are willing to work much harder for the same result, DGS will probably fail. Its strength now stems from its acceptance of <105(110) dg, not people's whole hearted support of its methods.

We've been a non-public clan (in terms of open to the general public of rs.), and have had no problems with members. Saying that dgs "will probably fail" and that our strength comes from our lack of level requirements is laughable. If you think dgs will fail, why are you even posting? Why are any of the 3boer members (dukky for example who seems to post his videos a lot) even posting on the thread? if anything I'd say this is out of fear of a new clan - but you don't need to be afraid because dgs does not encourage laziness, therefore we won't be taking any of 3bo's members who are like you said, lazy.

tldr:

If I could dungeoneer with 5 of me, I would choose the DPS methods DGS outlines. But since thats not a possibility, I elect to account for the extreme likelihood that someone on my team, at some point, will mess up, knowing that I will have some insurance against that through my binds and everyone elses.

Again, your binds are made for bad team mates. Personally I think that's a crap way to choose your binds, but 3bo has a lot of crap players so you have to account for that.

DGS is idealistically fantastic, and realistically disappointing,

I don't see how someone who said they've not dungeeonered with dgs can ever say that. Ask any of the tipiters who have gone from low dungeeonering to 110+ with us and I think you'll find your opinion is wrong. In short: Dgs is the community that promotes research, efficiency, and not being lazy. 3bo is the same as using a pest control clan to grind pc points without any strategy. It's just another normal runescape clan. Dgs however is something much, much different.

PS I made Foot a rapier today while he was keying, so no more of this spear bs lol.

:thumbup: Just gotta get rid of that platebeard.

Anyways, can we get back to dgs matters please? This isn't a thread to talk about 3bo vs dgs. If you want to continue talking about 3bo vs dgs, why not make a thread on gen disc. /metagame?

C1Geq.png

I think I missed something, but yesterday I asked f32 a couple times, but nobody responded. After a while somebody told be DGS doesnt do under Occult often and right after that I got banned.

Now can't join the clan anymore. It's okay if it's Occult only, but would be nice to explain it first before kicking and banning. Hope I'll be able to join when got 71 for the first Occ floor.

EDIT: NVM, was just a misunderstanding, it's fixed now. Ty again for the quick respond :D

The lowest floor you'll realistically get in dgs is 30, so aim for 59 before you join. You can use dgs at any level, but if you want to get floors, abandoned type 2 is what you should get before you try to dg.

C1Geq.png

I didn't really want to get into this, but I've just got annoyed by the amount of flaming (a.k.a. discussion) of DGS/3bo. They are not under any reasonable sense 'competition', there are probably less than 20 people in dgs who could even be members of 3bo.

DGS is aimed at people (mainly from tip.it) to get them to enjoy dungeoneering and become better at it, and many of the people involved are 80's and 90's. 3bo is aimed at 110+ dungeoneers who want to team with people who are at least competent dungeoneers (not 117/148ers). I have no doubt that many of the best dungeoneers are from 3bo, but afaik they are all 120's, and dg between themselves, as I've never been on a 3bo team with a better keyer than me(not a single sub 25 full map), and I find keying for random 3boers painful as they don't have any fixed standards (they cook when not idle, they don't gate their paths, they ungate boss w/out being asked, everyone chills in base waiting for altar to be bought and made etc etc). DGS has some of the best non 120ers (along with a couple of 120ers), for example we have keyers who key consistent sub 24's with a team of 80's, which I consider much harder than sub 20 averages on a pro team which even I can do with a dgs rank team, and I don't consider myself to be anywhere near the top of dgs' keyers.

The bind arguments are silly. Plate is a great bind. B neck is a great bind. Hex is a great bind. Rapier is a great bind. Full helm is not a great bind. It depends entirely on what you're aims are dungeoneering (faster xp/better dpsing/mage exterminator) and as a clan we don't promote plate as it doesn't fit with our ideals, not because it isn't a good bind for some people.

[WARNING - opinion follows]

DGS has and is doing a good job at teaching people to dungeoneer well and efficiently. Some floors are slower as a result (the one I done with Cdundee yesterday had a rank and 2 non-recruits), but when I key for a team of recruit+'s I expect an enjoyable floor with minimal derping, and I am rarely dissapointed. 3bo on the other hand is a clan for people to get their 120 by brute forcing lots of floors with randoms, often with lots of derping, or for people with 120 to team with other 120s and do good floors/learn. In all likely hood getting 110-120 could be faster with 3bo because of rows/more people etc, but I enjoy the faster, riskier and less derpy floors of dgs.

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

Anyone else get insanely confused when "DPS" and "DGS" are thrown around a lot in the same post?

(dukky for example who seems to post his videos a lot)

I've only actually posted one of my videos on this thread. I won't post any more about Dgs vs 3bo (Though it hasn't been me that has really, I was just expressing my opinion on binds)

dukky.png

dukky.png

Also, because of the plate binds, 3bo teams are easily capable of splitting up between multiple guardian doors, while the entire DPS idea behind DGS strategy seems to focus on the entire team (- the keyer perhaps) to be in the same gd. Obviously its better to do the gd's as a team, but the flexibility that the plate offers is valuable in my opinion. For example, lets say the keyer is off somewhere, and a big gd is opened at the same time as a jumpy, but the rooms are far apart. 3 people leave for the gd while one stays at the jumpy. Lets say the jumpy leads to another gd, but with only two monsters, a forgotten mage and a level 136 range skele. A 3bo member with a plate would easily be able to solo the smaller gd, and continue on the section of the map without having to move the ggs back. This would be ideal, considering the less the ggs has to be moved around the map, the less time is wasted teleing/moving it 1-2 extra doors etc, and the faster the floor is. However, a DGS member would have a very difficult time soloing the same room while praying mage because the skele would rip constant 150-200s. This is, in my opinion, a specific example that highlights the overall practicality of the plate compared to a rapier or gaunts as a third bind.

Some things to keep in mind about people which I think make the idealist methods of DGS inferior are that the vast majority of people are inherently lazy, average intellect, and concerned primarily about their own agenda, and secondarily about the agenda of those around them. The principles of DGS go against all of these natural tendencies, and thus are far less likely to be worth while than the approach 3bo takes which clearly accounts for them. 3bo's binds reflect this, as the plate and 2h satisfy the laziness aspect. All you have to do is pray mage, and switch to crush for skeletons (and you don't even really HAVE to do that, because the 2h is so good anyways). The plate also provides a huge guard against death (and thus, exp loss), and thus reflects the person's desire to (presumably) get fast exp, although some people don't even really care about this lol.

3bo epitomizes the "almost the best, for a quarter of the effort" type of training that runescapers love. Why do people do pyramid plunder instead of blackjacking, or ivy instead of teaks/arctic pine splitting? This is the reason 3bo is a huge success. But do not get me wrong, as a player focusing on efficiency, I would often opt to go for the more intense yet more rewarding method of training. But that was always dependent on me, and not four others. That is why dungeoneering is different, and why DGS is, at best, an equal to 3bo. And because very few people are willing to work much harder for the same result, DGS will probably fail. Its strength now stems from its acceptance of <105(110) dg, not people's whole hearted support of its methods.

tldr:

If I could dungeoneer with 5 of me, I would choose the DPS methods DGS outlines. But since thats not a possibility, I elect to account for the extreme likelihood that someone on my team, at some point, will mess up, knowing that I will have some insurance against that through my binds and everyone elses. DGS is idealistically fantastic, and realistically disappointing, while 3bo is idealistically blind, and realistically practical.

When we founded DGS, we asked ourselves what kind of DG clan we'd want.

And we decided to target a niche audience.

3BO already targeted the masses.

There's no need for another clan like that.

And we'll keep focusing on metagame and research because that's what we're good at.

As for like, a mutually beneficial discussion, the good 3BO'ers seem too tightly knit to trickle down information to lesser 3BO'ers, much less outsiders.

So generally speaking, I'm not particularly inclined to listen to 3BOers on forums or CC.

There are good 3BOers, but when I get good advice from them it's always during the middle of a floor or over PMs.

Naaxi.png

Idk how people like this get into 3bo...

Not even a hex, that's a Saggi short. Not even a melee bind.

Just thought I'd post this, since we're discussing (flaming about) DGS vs. 3BO.

Psssssst..... the discussion was supposed to end, here and now. A bit of a late memo but oh well...

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

110503023114.png

Idk how people like this get into 3bo...

Not even a hex, that's a Saggi short. Not even a melee bind.

Just thought I'd post this, since we're discussing (flaming about) DGS vs. 3BO.

THAT'S A SAGITTARIAN LONGBOW, IDIOT.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

For people who are looking to maximize effiency, I'm not sure why you guys want this conversation to end.

I'm too tired to go into complete depth of anything right now, but here's a few things:

-If you only have 20~ people with 3 binds, why is there such a big focus on an offensive 3rd bind? You've said yourself that it only really shines with multiples.

-Another thing you guys have forgotten is time spent gathering a team, and how long your rows are. Spending 2-5 minutes on a team for 1-2 floors is ridiculous in comparison to 1 minute for 5+ floors that *might* be slightly slower, but will make up the time for the # of floors+speed getting team. Not to mention defensive binds only have to save you a death 1/4 of the time to make up for lost DPS.

-Passive aggressively saying that we're ignorant of your methods goes both ways.

-You're mistaking 3BO with people that use the 3BO world.

I've done 4 floors in DGS atm, all with ranked keyers - here are the times:

33 (this was with two silver+ AND was an abandoned)

You guys claim to be masters of clearing GDs, but I've yet to actually see this. I've seen people with staffs, I haven't seen people use them on the correct monsters or with any reaction time.

Oh and Kuppeli, I recognize your RSN, not sure what the floor/floors we did were like though. As for cooking, I'm willing to use 15 seconds of the team's time to stay at 5 deaths instead of 7 lol. Remember, you're always just 1/5 of the team when it's time for the boss so that 15 seconds is really just 2-3 seconds lost on the actual map time.

Cdundee, if you want to continue this, post a topic in metagame or general discussion. The dgs thread isn't the right place to be posting this.

Thanks.

C1Geq.png

^4 people soloing gds will do a slower job than 4 people doing gd after gd together.

Also, 3 seconds lost on a floor is 3 seconds lost for each player, hence 15 seconds total.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I'll put my hand up to keying that 33, which was with 2 non-recruits, the rank and you. It was a spiral map, which was one wayed the ENTIRE map (given one of the non ranks called an 86 rc door as 96, cutting off, literally, 1/2 the map). Also the other rank was afk (which they apologised for, and idm since i've done plenty of good floors w/ them) most the floor. Not really great to include in a sample of 4 floors

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

I'll put my hand up to keying that 33, which was with 2 non-recruits, the rank and you. It was a spiral map, which was one wayed the ENTIRE map (given one of the non ranks called an 86 rc door as 96, cutting off, literally, 1/2 the map). Also the other rank was afk most the floor. Not really great to include in a sample of 4 floors

for the millionth time, our recruit ranks are only ranked based on activity,personality, and contributions to research, not based on DG skill.

Very few DGSers are reviewed for DG skill.

Naaxi.png

Research is a major focus of DGS, and we're starting a DG Guide/Databook over at TEF.

Normally I collect data on my own, and pay money to a few players to help.

But I neither have enough free time on my hands nor enough GP in my bank to put into such a large project.

I basically need you to count the # misses and non misses you hit on various monsters

The list of monsters we're interested in is here

So I actually really need people's help now.

Anyone that provides 2000 total data points to the log, or 1000 data points to a single monster in the log, will be given a 2 stripe rank as thanks for their contributions.

This does not particularly apply to wingmen and keyer ranks, but I still expect these people help with research as well.

I personally will be spending dozens of hours collecting data once I'm done maxing.

That being said: Please don't go about collecting data in the middle of larges though, unless the rest of the team is okay with it.

And thank you for the help of any volunteers that contribute.

And once again:

Repost so people can see it.

C1Geq.png

^ If you're mad about a 33 min floor, you be trippin...

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.