Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Hey can you add to guidelines for all csb users a DIY guide on making fire staff.

collect 5k+ coins

next time your at ht, count 4 branches across and/or buy the one just under 7k or 5k or whatever

make staff

make fire staff.

otherwise:

look out for spinebeam brances or t4(?) branches or better and make staff

when you see rc altar or next time you're at ht, make fire staff

It helps alot at speeding up those 296 fire giants, 199 ghosts and the odd black demon. And also if you cant use fire surge, then just make a earth/water staff

lol i feel like a noob because i always thought i needed corpsthorn or entgallow to make empowered fire, but for prom warriors etc, regular is pretty much as good, and can be gotten earlier!

Should work towards empowered fire, though. The 10% really helps and entgallow trees are everywhere.

Blood spindle branches cost 1650 gp, which makes a fire staff.

Also making an emp fire is often a waste of time for not much of an increase in damage.

siggya.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey can you add to guidelines for all csb users a DIY guide on making fire staff.

collect 5k+ coins

next time your at ht, count 4 branches across and/or buy the one just under 7k or 5k or whatever

make staff

make fire staff.

otherwise:

It helps alot at speeding up those 296 fire giants, 199 ghosts and the odd black demon. And also if you cant use fire surge, then just make a earth/water staff

lol i feel like a noob because i always thought i needed corpsthorn or entgallow to make empowered fire, but for prom warriors etc, regular is pretty much as good, and can be gotten earlier!

Should work towards empowered fire, though. The 10% really helps and entgallow trees are everywhere.

Blood spindle branches cost 1650 gp, which makes a fire staff.

Also making an emp fire is often a waste of time for not much of an increase in damage.

I think he missed the point, its cheap easy and doesnt need 80 rc 88 fletching 80 woodcutting to DIY.

Not to mention you can get it almost straight away.

I just think its important because of all the wind surging!

collect 5k+ coins

make staff

make fire staff.

otherwise:

Which is why I still need 88 fletch. Grah.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

If you don't have 80 rc, I think empowered earth staff + earth surge does more dmg then fire staff+ fire surge

Better things to do than find logs and craft a staff for 286 instead of 280 max.

@ xpx, yes, there are cases where making an emp fire staff is worth it. I'd just rather people not consider it a necessity in the floor, and to be active in opening doors or important skilling before emp fires. Like ragers in warped or farming.

If people are slow to exploring another path (when I say fork) or gtgd then the skilling bonuses aren't worth it.

I've found that floors are usually faster when the group is all exploring the same path when it's 1 way. I guess because people get to gds faster and obviously some puzzles can be done faster as a team.

So while I do think there is a bit of room to skill to benefit the floor, it's very little and magic is not particularly important. I think I said somewhere that emp fires should only really be made on warped.

siggya.png

Research is a major focus of DGS, and we're starting a DG Guide/Databook over at TEF.

Normally I collect data on my own, and pay money to a few players to help.

But I neither have enough free time on my hands nor enough GP in my bank to put into such a large project.

If you would like to volunteer, PLEASE CONTACT ME, through PM preferably.

There are details we need to go over before you collect your data.

Last thing I want is someone collecting data that ends up being useless.

I basically need you to count the # misses and non misses you hit on various monsters

The list of monsters we're interested in is here

So I actually really need people's help now.

Anyone that provides 2000 total data points to the log, or 1000 data points to a single monster in the log, will be given a 2 stripe rank as thanks for their contributions.

This does not particularly apply to wingmen and keyer ranks, but I still expect these people help with research as well.

I personally will be spending dozens of hours collecting data once I'm done maxing.

That being said: Please don't go about collecting data in the middle of larges though, unless the rest of the team is okay with it.

And thank you for the help of any volunteers that contribute.

And once again:

Naaxi.png

Hi, I'm looking for a good dunge clan. I'm currently 93 Dunge, looking to get 99 next month. I've read the guidelines, as well as all of the tips and plan on reviewing them often as its a lot of info. I was wondering if I could possibly join, or participate as a guest.

Hi, I'm looking for a good dunge clan. I'm currently 93 Dunge, looking to get 99 next month. I've read the guidelines, as well as all of the tips and plan on reviewing them often as its a lot of info. I was wondering if I could possibly join, or participate as a guest.

Anybody can participate as a guest.

You get promoted to recruit when you're noticed DGing with us frequently, and are well mannered.

Good luck.

Naaxi.png

Research is a major focus of DGS, and we're starting a DG Guide/Databook over at TEF.

Normally I collect data on my own, and pay money to a few players to help.

But I neither have enough free time on my hands nor enough GP in my bank to put into such a large project.

I basically need you to count the # misses and non misses you hit on various monsters

The list of monsters we're interested in is here

So I actually really need people's help now.

Anyone that provides 2000 total data points to the log, or 1000 data points to a single monster in the log, will be given a 2 stripe rank as thanks for their contributions.

This does not particularly apply to wingmen and keyer ranks, but I still expect these people help with research as well.

I personally will be spending dozens of hours collecting data once I'm done maxing.

That being said: Please don't go about collecting data in the middle of larges though, unless the rest of the team is okay with it.

And thank you for the help of any volunteers that contribute.

And once again:

Repost so people can see it.

C1Geq.png

Wasted like 5 attacks eating food to get hp to venge it, everyone had a plate, didnt use turmoil.

ಠ_ಠ

Sag body is a plate yep

I think the guy with plate and legs bound makes up for that. 4/5 people with primal bound, 1 with sag and 1 with 2x primal armour binds. Platebeards.

ಠ_ಠ

The thing is though, 4/5 people also had dps binds (r y a n and robbie had blood neck, foot had primal spear(though that's not the best), and I had 2 with hex and sag body, which in your words "makes up" for the lack of a dps bind, and soccerdude does key most of the time but I would say having both plate and legs are unnecessary).

Any info on flesh yet?

dukky.png

dukky.png

Primal spear isn't a really good dps bind though, is it? I'd say either a neck (luck-based of course), gaunts or rapier would be a better all-round damage output especially with hexes around.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Primal spear is incredibly useless, and the dude using it is just hurting his team. I remember when Grimy and Rocked bound them (both had hexhunters) because they were so bored of their prom 2hs, and they switched back real quick (this was before DGS).

Two blood necks and a hex is good, though. I'm an advocate for binding armor at 120 (might be because I'm primarily a keyer, I dunno).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Ok it seems like the people who said flesh was patched most likely had a rager summoned (cant do flesh properly with a rager summoned.) Flesh is still the same strategy as is said in the weekly trivia. Good to see jagex didn't patch it.

C1Geq.png

Ok it seems like the people who said flesh was patched most likely had a rager summoned (cant do flesh properly with a rager summoned.) Flesh is still the same strategy as is said in the weekly trivia. Good to see jagex didn't patch it.

Good to know

dukky.png

dukky.png

I had boots & gauntlets bound for about 30m xp, but I find it to be a lot more effort for a slight gain. I can get along fine without a plate, and I do think DPS binds are technically better, but a plate bind means I don't have to concentrate 100% on every GD, or pray on every zombie.

Similarly, though it may just be my computer, it's a lot easier with a plate bind to double-click a door then the minimap and be halfway across the next room before having to take stock of what's hitting you. Sure, if you're just doing a few dungeons in a row it's not much of a problem, but if you're going to do it for a significant period of time then binding a plate just lets you dungeoneer on autopilot for a little.

I don't think any of the people I dungeoneer with regularly need a plate bound in order to avoid death, it's a convenience thing. In either case, from a pool of around 8 players over the last week I don't think we've had a floor over 24 minutes, with the vast majority being around the 18 mark.

On the subject of dukky's posted video, we actually did Gulega with group vengeance the floor before as well, but Foot didn't record it. Went in, group venged it and continued with the dungeon. Boss died faster than the traditional method, but we did it mostly for a bit of fun. I don't think Foot was seriously endorsing it as a good method of doing Gulega.

I'm wondering what skills I should raise to be less likely to be slowed down when keying by needing to call in back up for a skill. I suppose I would benefit most from raising skills that there's very likely to be someone else in the floor who's higher than I am. So maybe mining, since most floors have someone that can mine prom and I'm only 80? Or magic, where a lot of people have 99 but I'm 88?

podv4.png

I'm wondering what skills I should raise to be less likely to be slowed down when keying by needing to call in back up for a skill. I suppose I would benefit most from raising skills that there's very likely to be someone else in the floor who's higher than I am. So maybe mining, since most floors have someone that can mine prom and I'm only 80? Or magic, where a lot of people have 99 but I'm 88?

Definately get mage up, im on 89 (about 80k off 90) and the amount of times i've been getting screwed over by the 90 mage lode in lights room is ridiculous. Other than that the I think almost everything else has variable levels, so just general levelling is a good idea.

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

I had boots & gauntlets bound for about 30m xp, but I find it to be a lot more effort for a slight gain. I can get along fine without a plate, and I do think DPS binds are technically better, but a plate bind means I don't have to concentrate 100% on every GD, or pray on every zombie.

Similarly, though it may just be my computer, it's a lot easier with a plate bind to double-click a door then the minimap and be halfway across the next room before having to take stock of what's hitting you. Sure, if you're just doing a few dungeons in a row it's not much of a problem, but if you're going to do it for a significant period of time then binding a plate just lets you dungeoneer on autopilot for a little.

I don't think any of the people I dungeoneer with regularly need a plate bound in order to avoid death, it's a convenience thing. In either case, from a pool of around 8 players over the last week I don't think we've had a floor over 24 minutes, with the vast majority being around the 18 mark.

On the subject of dukky's posted video, we actually did Gulega with group vengeance the floor before as well, but Foot didn't record it. Went in, group venged it and continued with the dungeon. Boss died faster than the traditional method, but we did it mostly for a bit of fun. I don't think Foot was seriously endorsing it as a good method of doing Gulega.

DGS doesn't advocate casual, "autopilot" dungeoneering.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

@Obtaurian: I'm aware of this, I'm simply explaining why I bound a plate. As I stated, I had DPS binds for a large chunk of xp, and while I found it effective I didn't like the amount of concentration it required. I'm not disagreeing with your stance on DPS.

I would say, however, that to me binds have a minimal impact on how good a dungeoneer you are. Yes, we all have plates bound but we achieve good and consistent times, as I stated previously. Moreover, we can post these times for most of the day, and while I can't speak for anybody else I don't really fancy concentrating fully for that amount of time as I would have to with DPS binds.