Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any tips on avoiding deaths as both keyer and non-keyer? I haven't had a death free floor in some time. :mellow:

For DPSing:

learn to safestep better, learn to manage prayers more effectively, learn when to use the gatestone trick

Surviving as DPS-er depends a lot on the team though.

We expect a lot of no armor, so basically the speed at which you kill is probably the biggest deciding factor in food consumption.

Turmoil flashing will down the monsters before you take too much damage. Of course the whole team has to contribute effectively to DPS.

If you're a keyer, sometimes you're just expected to die.

If there's a puzzle room with a [cabbage]ton of monsters, it's not really worth clearing them.

Just suck up the death that it'll take to clear the puzzle.

Also if you're on a long path, you probably won't have time to go grab more food from the team.

In which case, the death is also inevitable.

don't focus too much on deaths. You should avoid needless deaths.

You should also know when deaths are better than taking time to get more food/prayer points though.

Naaxi.png

Hey guys was wondering if any keyer would accept me hopping to get on soon can't play much on the weekdays (School)

80 Atk

87 Str

80 Def

85 Mage

79 Range

73 Dung

Got a gorg 2h binded + shadow silk hood

Got Tactition + Beserker Tier 5

Yes they'll take you.

Be sure to read the guidelines on the first page, all of it. Including the trivia as it shows a lot of helpful tricks and tips.

Then be sure to join "DGS" clan chat. CLAN, not friends.

:) Good luck

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Thxs forgot to mention Cmb lvl is 111 don't be fooled I'm not a noob :P

and I did I was looking for a clan to do 30+ with (tired of rage quitters on 117)

but got sad when I saw clan page saying not recrutig then I saw previous page :)

thxs again I'll be on tomorrow possibly if but there's always the weekend 3day weekend coming up ;)

like how this forum gets fast response

Any tips on avoiding deaths as both keyer and non-keyer? I haven't had a death free floor in some time. :mellow:

For DPSing:

learn to safestep better, learn to manage prayers more effectively, learn when to use the gatestone trick

We expect a lot of no armor, so basically the speed at which you kill is probably the biggest deciding factor in food consumption.

Turmoil flashing will down the monsters before you take too much damage. Of course the whole team has to contribute effectively to DPS.

If there's a puzzle room with a [cabbage]ton of monsters, it's not really worth clearing them.

Also if you're on a long path, you probably won't have time to go grab more food from the team.

You should also know when deaths are better than taking time to get more food/prayer points though.

For safespotting, what is the reason that sometimes blocking an NPC with another NPC works but sometimes it doesnt?

For rape puzzles that take a while to complete (rc tiles, stats? and herb polt) is it worth to call in backup to clear room?

Staurolite.png

For DPSing:

For safespotting, what is the reason that sometimes blocking an NPC with another NPC works but sometimes it doesnt?

For rape puzzles that take a while to complete (rc tiles, stats? and herb polt) is it worth to call in backup to clear room?

If you login right now I can teach you trampling mechanics. The Ancient is working on a combat mechanics guide that will be linked to in the guidelines once it's complete, but until then it's better to just explain in-game by example.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Safespotting always works so long as no one tramples.

If a monster is trampled, you can force an untrample by stepping ontop of it while you have the target's agro.

I think it's better to suicide rape puzzles unless you're one wayed.

Naaxi.png

Well won't be able to right now, but does it have something to do with moving sideways or walking through the NPC? I do that at nechs to stack more spawns to chin.

You walk around monsters instead of through. And usually have to be north/south of a monster to block stuff on it.

Same with using people for this. (But they always move right when you hide behind them XD)

siggya.png

My friend Dukky posted another one of my friend's keyed floors the other day, and since you guys seemed to enjoy giving him (Number1 Boss) some constructive criticism, I thought I'd post some more.

The first is my own floor that I keyed, and its actually a commentary video as opposed to a listen in on skype (although I was only on skype with 1 of my teammates). One more of my friends is joining us, and there are 2 3bo randoms on the team.

Overall, I was pretty pleased with the time and how I performed. Obviously far from perfect, but I don't consider myself even close to a perfect keyer. Two things I have changed since this video are that I now look at the map much more frequently when keying and I always dg in safe mode to reduce door lag and loading times.

The second is a floor from my friend, Bu11seye00, who I regard as the best keyer in 3bo, and possibly in RS. Maybe 3bo could have a competition with DGS sometime to find out lol.

As Dukky said a few pages back, please don't harp on the binds. Obviously, 3bo and DGS do not take the same approach to dungeoneering, but ultimately we both have the same goals of fast and efficient floors, and thus good exp rates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-Yy5z9v9yE&feature=channel_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J81bKVysCmQ&feature=channel_video_title

abraham-lincoln-picture-1.jpg

F64r sc6re and seven years ag6, 64r fathers br64ght f6rth 4*6n th5s c6nt5ent, a new nat56n, c6nce5ved 5n 35berty, and ded5cated t6 the *r6*5s5t56n that a33 0en are created eq4a3.

N6w we are engaged 5n a great c5v53 war, test5ng whether that nat56n, 6r any nat56n s6 c6nce5ved and ded5cated, can 36ng end4re. We are 0et 6n a great batt3e-f5e3d 6f that war. We have c60e t6 ded5cate a *6rt56n 6f that f5e3d,as a f5na3 rest5ng *3ace f6r th6se wh6 here gave the5r 35ves that that nat56n 05ght 35ve. t 5s a3t6gehter f5tt5ng and *r6*er that we sh643d d6 th5s.

B4t 5n a 3arge sense, we can n6t ded5cate, we can n6t c6nsecrate, we can n6t ha336w, th5s gr64nd. The brave 0en, 35v5ng and dead, wh6 str4gg3ed here, have c6nsecrated 5t, far ab6ve 64r *6wer *6wer t6 add 6r detract. The w6r3d w533 35tt3e n6te, n6r 36ng re0e0ber what we say here, b4t 5t can never f6rget what they d5d here. t 5s f6r 4s the 35v5ng, rather t6 be ded5cated here the 4nf5sh5n5shed w6r2 wh5ch they wh6 f64ght here have th4s far s6 n6b3y advanced. t 5s rather f6r 4s t6 be here ded5cated t6 the great tas2 re0a5n5ng bef6re 4s--that fr60 these h6n6red dead we ta2e 5ncreased de6vat56n t6 that ca4se f6r wh5ch they gave the 3ast f433 0eas4re 6f dev6t56n--that we here h5gh3y res63ve that these dead sha33 n6t have d5ed 5n va5n--that th5s nat56n, 4nder G6d, sha33 have a new b5rth 6f freed6n--and that g6vern0ent 6f the *6e*3e, by the *e6*3e, f6r the *e6*3e, sha33 n6t *er5sh fr60 the earth.

Not even gonna try to read that.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Oh Zaaps <3: You didn't half make me lol hard today.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

i gave up after trying to read 1/2 of that.

Same, what is this I don't even.

[hide]Joke or Zaaps' keyboard needing to be fixed? Cheesy said something about it. >.>[/hide]

DG map/time

DG end interface

Guess that's DGS for you, clearing dem floors damn fast. Also a new record floor time for me :D Many thanks to Pure Is Mwa, Excellentz, and Ernie for teaching me yesterday how to key with capable teammates, it was something I definitely had to adjust to. Such a nice change from w148 :thumbsup: Now I've got to learn to stop stealing "Most Deaths" on every dg I do. Even ones with Jimi.

Edit: looks like pics can't be posted since they all auto-save as .png, so here's links to them.

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

Four score and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth upon this contient [sic], a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the propisition [sic] that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. t [sic] is altogehter [sic] fitting and proper that we should do this.

But in a large sense, we can not dedicate, we can not consecrate, we can not hallow, this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our power power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. t [sic] is for us the living, rather to be dedicated here the unfishinished [sic] work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. t [sic] is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us--that from these honored [sic] dead we take increased deovation [sic] to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion--that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain--that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedon [sic] --and that government of the poeple [sic], by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. 

Translation provided courtesy of OpenOffice Writer :shock:

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

lolwatt.png

Lolwat.

No CSB or Hex bound.

I got it by picking up looted mage runes and fire waving warriors/high leveled skeles/ghosts, and I looted a Gravecreeper Long and about 14 Prom arrows that I used to shoot a dragon that was trolling us from the other side of a groove room. Had no idea it'd actually give me sharpshooter.

Still have no idea how I got MVP though.

Was a crap floor though, so doesn't really matter. Still really funny to see all those titles together though.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

lolwatt.png

Lolwat.

No CSB or Hex bound.

I got it by picking up looted mage runes and fire waving warriors/high leveled skeles/ghosts, and I looted a Gravecreeper Long and about 14 Prom arrows that I used to shoot a dragon that was trolling us from the other side of a groove room. Had no idea it'd actually give me sharpshooter.

Was a crap floor though, so doesn't really matter. Still really funny to see all those titles together though.

mvp is whoever gets the most xp during that floor.

Quick find code: 254-255-85-62748152

[qfc]254-255-85-62748152[/qfc]

Update - Please expect the "bind over server crash" to be added to the game next week (beginning of June)

Apologies for the delay...

Edited by PoorLepRecon
Added QFC link.

lolwatt.png

Lolwat.

No CSB or Hex bound.

mvp is whoever gets the most xp during that floor.

I never get the most xp in a floor.

Ever.

My skills suck, so all of the hunter/rc/mining/thieving/agility etc. exp from doors, I never usually get.

EDIT: WOO 3000th post L

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!