Were Random events always this generous?

amitoz

mazerandom71.jpg

I'm used to getting 76 coins and the such...

71% on maze btw, so really not even too good.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Today I just got 912 Chaos runes from a 68% one... Sorry no pic.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

71% is good. I usually get at least less than 65%, making no mistakes.:mellow: still, that money is pocket change.

I was in f2p while the random happened. I don't think 108k is pocket change to most f2p'ers, lol.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Mazes aren't even too difficult. If you are watchful you'll notice there are only a set amount of possible maze spawn points (2-3 in my experience) and the actual layout of the maze never changes. With enough trials and a little memory, you can learn how to do the maze quickly and effectively.

glad to see that you are unbanned

i was like... this thread is going to have no discussion value. and then i saw the OP

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

glad to see that you are unbanned

i was like... this thread is going to have no discussion value. and then i saw the OP

A thread has no discussion value because it doesn't include calculus, DPS, Nex, etc. right? :rolleyes:

I like how Jagex took out all the stupid randoms like rick turpentine, drunken dwarf, and made randoms "harder" but just under annoying and the increased rewards from even the easier randoms are always nice. I mean, 3 snaps from a sandwich lady which took 20 seconds = :thumbup:

Staurolite.png

Yes, mazes always have been (if you get 70+%).

The key is to click on the map as a door starts to open - you don't need to wait for the door animation to finish.

Ooh. I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Mazes were never generous to me, in my experience. Though that may be because I keep finishing around the 60% mark...

I wish we still get an option to pick for an xp lamp, of course the maze lamp being better than the other randoms (say 100x skill level, compared to 15x for school and 10x everything else).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Were amitoz'es posts/thread always this pointless?

The answer to both questions is yes, by the way.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Back before the overhaul of the randoms (bring back ents... for the love of god...), I used to get these a loooot, and they've always treated me well.

Got one earlier, finished with 82%, and got around 115k. :mrgreen: (no screenie because I thought it was insignificant...)

I have got 150k reward from a maze once. So no, that reward is nothing very special. However, maze is the most generous random, as have been stated above ^^

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

The maze reward is based on your total level from what I know, maybe p2p/f2p too.

That's the reason why you think that the maze random is more generous now then it was before.

Back then you were a noob, no good reward. Now you're high level (maybe...) and you get good stuff.

Mazes are very generous, unlike any other random event, which is a shame. Although of course if done incorrectly generous randoms would flood the market with items, done cleverly (for example with useful but untradeable items or minigame reward tokens) it would make randoms a pleasure to do.

Of course, mazes are especially generous if you are behind someone who knows that random very well ^_^ .

I'm not an efficienado.