XP Multiplication: How Do You Like It?

Acoustic

136 members have voted

1. 1. What do you like more?

• Bonus XP Weekends
    • XP Multiplication Item Events

I like items better, because I don't have much time for runescape these days, only clocked 2 hours so far since bxp. And people with a more relaxed playing time *cough*work*cough* llike me get a big disadvantage from these weekends. That said, I don't mind the weekends. In the hundreds of days it takes to get all skills to 99, 1 weekend of extra xp is an insignificant amount anyway.

40% of the bonus is in the first few hrs

however i think it kinda makes u wanna do summoning cuz the 1.1x can save alot of waterfiends based on how many charms earned..

but im glad its not 2.7x summoning :P

and buyable skills have an advantage of saving time/money instead of just time

however it is alot of hype i wasted the 1st one on a lil craft/con and the second one i just did mining/fish and dg like for 2 weeks so many people are excited hati paws only excite people a few days

this weekend I did craft/fletch/summoning(but not all my charms) and accually tried to gain from the modifire

so th best thing to do is a fast skill for the 2.7-1.8x modifire and then w/e u can til 1.1 and then summon

also i hate how gold gaunts dont work and pray alters (tho i wasnt planning on training prayer)

StarViv.png

Bonus gloves.

They should of made the bonus xp weekend in the form of another hati gloves. Frenier, Hati's brother would be skilling gloves.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

If glove came out for herblore, prices would be just as screwed. Only for a longer time.

Nah, bonus XP weekends are awesome. The weeks previous to it are great, the preparation is fun and there is a very cool atmosphere during these days.

WarBlastoise.png

opps misread my own post. so the hati paws do still have a charge if you haven't alrady used it up. Oh and the thing about BXPW is if you log in 6 hrs after it start you have not lost 6 hrs or at least it don't start to go down yet. Yes that will be 6 hrs of the bouns rate of 1.1 lost but not the other.

hounddog1983m.png

opps misread my own post. so the hati paws do still have a charge if you haven't alrady used it up. Oh and the thing about BXPW is if you log in 6 hrs after it start you have not lost 6 hrs or at least it don't start to go down yet. Yes that will be 6 hrs of the bouns rate of 1.1 lost but not the other.

Yes but that is wasted potential :o

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

If the Hati gloves would have given a 10% summon bonus, then I would prefer the glove style. However, the gloves were useless to me, whereas the weekends have always had some use.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Jagex say their aiming Runecape at an older audience, yet if I had to hazard a guess I'd say a lot of their target audience either have work or school work to do over the weekends which makes it hard to get the most potential out of the extra experience given.

Personally I'd just rather have bonus experience items that have a set amount of experience and disappear after 1-2 weeks. Would be a lot less stressful if you don't like the constant rush during the bonus experience weekends and gives more opportunity for people who have real life commitments and can't no life 10+ hours over the course of 3 days.

Reading peoples reasons against the bonus xp weekend I can see that not being able to play a significant amount of time over the particular weekend. Maybe a on time item which, when activated, gives double xp for a specific amount of in game time (I'm not a fan of a specific amount of xp).

This way people can have a period of a few months in which to dedicate 10 hours (or however long it is) to bonus xp specific skilling. They don't have to do it in one go, but they do have to priorotise their 'play' for the next 10 hours (i.e. you could devote it all to tree runs for 6 months, but then you wouldn't be able to train other skills in between etc)

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

if the bxpw was a said date(s) every year it wouldn't be so bad.

but now the random nature of things, well, its just not as convenient as hati gloves or sacred clay tools.

It's every six months

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Both are cool, although I don't really care much about them, still have 80% charge on my gloves, which I'm assuming is gone now, and I was f2p for this bonus xp weekend. The only reason I'm against 2x is because, after the 2x is over, and you go back to normal rates, everything feels reallllly slow. It's like training combat in members, then mem expiring, and you try training combat in f2p, so much slower, and feels so pointless and boring.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I would prefer that there are neither bonus weekends nor xp multiplying items. Cheapens the game (insert crotchety 2001 player rant here), screws with the economy (those that say Hati didn't, it did for the first few days), and in general is a cash grab by Jagex intended to produce a quick pop in subscriptions.

That said - Jagex is going to continue them. BXPW is a major strain - I pulled 24+ hours this weekend, and for what reason? I felt like I had to make use of it or it would go to waste. I'm kind of burned out of high-stress RS at the moment (RC, followed by Summon). Hati paws didn't do that. Also, it didn't GF the economy for weeks instead of days/hours. So, more multiplying items please.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

Eh, XP is XP for me. The only reason why XP weekend is more attractive to me is because

• You don't have to do anything to get the bonus, unlike SC items
  • Encourages me to play a lot more, which I need to do

Probably more reasons but those are the two main reasons why I prefer them just over items alone. I mean, I have a whole stock full of brawlers that I haven't even used yet.

j0xPu5R.png

I like the idea of the gloves better but they don't give enough XP and don't work on the skills that matter.

I think their concept was based on the gloves being the equivalent of a 10 hours bonus XP weekend. However instead of basing the amount of XP on what a high level would get in 10 hours, they gave us the equivalent of a noob's 10 hours. If I'm going to be given noob XP gloves, I'd rather take the weekend.

And then of course the bonus should apply to all skills, not just combat ones.

2480+ total