[dev blog] Capes of Distinction

miner2006

Trying to figure out what capes I should be entitled to haha!

Should definitely get the Veteran cape for 5 years, and I *think* i'll get the 10 year one in April next year. Definitely get the Classic one, certainly hope it's only available to people who were original classic players and can get into that one server still available to them.

I guess the Max Skillcape will end up becoming my obsession next year to obtain, should hopefully get the cape of 90's near the end of this year! Uber cape will be an extremely long term goal, certainly won't be happening anytime soon thanks to the lovely 120 Dungeoneering needed.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf are you on about Judge other than 1 typo in the word work its perfectly coherent.

When a new skill comes out you will lose the ability to wear the capes listed, and you will have to work your way back thru them bit by bit.

Getting to lvl 10 to re-enable the cape of 10

lvl 20 for the cape of 20

Right up until getting 99 for skill cape, max cape and uber cape.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wonder what the stats on the Veteran cape will be. seeing as i would be able to wield it and i have no impressive stats and haven't completed many quests.

Glacors Drops - 33 shards.

Armadyl Drops - 1 Chestplate. 1 Hilt. 2 gloves . 2 Skirts.

Tdc.png

At beginning i thought of a new Fire cape :unsure: I hope these capes will not have stats. Have Jagex said they will have stats?

They'll probably be equal to current skillcapes, other than the ones for each 10 levels. I'm guessing the one for all level 10s will be +1 in all, while the level 50 one will be +5.

Obby cape can't drop any lower than it is already, so like that it probably won't devalue much.

Not to pour cold water on a hot idea, but will they give us all more bank space to store all this junk?

:unsure:

POH cape rack will probably be it, most likely.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Not to pour cold water on a hot idea, but will they give us all more bank space to store all this junk?

Doubt we will get bank space but pretty safe to assume the cape rack in poh will hold them.

As for perhaps f2pness: aside from the classic cape and veterans cape non- of them even CAN be f2p. You can't meet the requirements for them in f2p, same as u couldn't get a quest cape in f2p.

Plus by current standards they will probably all be members only anyway.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

wtf are you on about Judge other than 1 typo in the word work its perfectly coherent.

As soon as a new skill comes up you're gonna lose the ability to wear the max cape uber cape and the capes of 10 and have to wokr1 ur2 way bk3 up (thru4)5 them bit by bit.

1work

2your

3back

4through

5(Redundant part of sentence)

Mhm mhm.

At beginning i thought of a new Fire cape :unsure: I hope these capes will not have stats. Have Jagex said they will have stats?

I hope they don't have much in the way of offensive stats, although they can go wild with the uber cape, since it requires you to have a fire cape anyway.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

My only concern with this is that they will likely be P2P.

I don't think all of them will be P2P. The veteran and classic capes can be worn by "any player" according to the dev blog, and when Jagex has used all-inclusive adjectives like "any" and "all" in the past, non-members have always been able to partake in that content so far as I can remember. I don't see them breaking that precedent here.

Sure, pay for extra features I know the argument, but think about it... Anyone who has put enough time into this game to get one of these capes deserves recognition regardless of whether or not they pay $5. I don't think the "10's capes" should be F2P (espcially because it would require P2P levels), but at the very least make the veterans cape F2P so that ALL old school players can show off.

Well, I don't see how some of the other capes, like the max and uber capes, could be F2P since you have to accomplish certain things in P2P to get them. Same goes for the Cape of 10s, which require you to have "a multiple of ten or above in all skills", which would naturally include P2P skills. All that considered, I think Jagex is stating pretty unambiguously that the other capes will be P2P.

Moreover, I'm purely F2P and can totally understand what they're doing. As other people on this thread have noted, the extra capes for members (as with any "extra feature") is just a way to get more people to subscribe.

When you're F2P, you learn to understand what you don't get and why, and to be content with the things you do get. Most pure F2Pers stay the way they are because they like the game for what it is. If it never changed, we'd still be happy. We've gone all this time without needing to show off our skills or status through capes, and we can continue to live on that way.

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

Should be interesting.

Sirscrap.png

Click sig for blog ^^

6,627th to 99 fletching

33,986th to 99 attack

4,871st to 99 thieving

Whip drops: 28 / Dark Bows: 7 / Hexcrests: 7 / Focus Sights: 1 / Staffs of Light: 6 / Dragon Chainbodies: 2 (1 KQ Solo 1 Dust Devil)

When a new skill comes out you will lose the ability to wear the capes listed, and you will have to work your way back thru them bit by bit.

I was told Dungeoneering was their last.

09144a99bb.png

Why would it be the last? People are taking "endgame" wrong. An endgame is something that you can do when you have completed the main part of the game (in this case when you have all the skills 99 and all quest/tasks done), so making a new skill only makes the main part of the game larger.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I hope they don't have much in the way of offensive stats, although they can go wild with the uber cape, since it requires you to have a fire cape anyway.

Did i miss something in the blog, because Fire cape is not required for Uber cape.

Did i miss something in the blog, because Fire cape is not required for Uber cape.

One of the tasks from the old diaries requires you to wear a Fire cape.

Edit: Looking forward to this, although I don't think I can wear the 5 or 10 year cape, I started in Thanksgiving 2006, soz no veteran cape till basically 2017, meaning I'd be like 25 lol.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Doubt we will get bank space but pretty safe to assume the cape rack in poh will hold them.

Oh sure -- space for it to go into our PoH will be made available roughly six months after their release date ... <_<

nyuseg.png

Uber cape - a cape that can only be worn if you can wear the max cape, have 120 Dungeoneering, have gained all possible Quest Points, have completed all Tasks, and have unlocked all music tracks!

You need to wear the fire cape for the Karamja elite tasks.

namnlskopia.jpg

"but with new skills and features added all the time"

I dont think they would have said that if they didnt have any more new skills planned.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

As soon as a new skill comes up you're gonna lose the ability to wear the max cape uber cape and the capes of 10 and have to wokr1 ur2 way bk3 up (thru4)5 them bit by bit.

1work

2your

3back

4through

5(Redundant part of sentence)

Mhm mhm.

Internet slang has no relevance to coherence of meaning, given that we are using an online medium and everybody reading this will know basic internet slang or have a firm enough graspe of it to figure out what such basic contractions mean.

Equally sure a word may be redundant and extra but it doesn't mean it somehow effects the meaning of the sentence.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

This means one thing. Jages DO know when our account were created... Why cant we find out in our a logs?

Inb4 Jagex bases veteran capes off play time.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

This means one thing. Jages DO know when our account were created... Why cant we find out in our a logs?

For some reason they ask for that information if you're trying to get your account back, so that's probably why they don't say.