[dev blog] Capes of Distinction

miner2006

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems awesome. I would really like to get a few new capes into the game :). That veteran cape sounds especially nice :).

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

This means one thing. Jages DO know when our account were created... Why cant we find out in our a logs?

Inb4 Jagex bases veteran capes off play time.

That would certainly suck, of course I find it unlikely.

Otherwise, this seems cool. It'll be probably a year or two after they release the 10 year cape that I'll be able to wear it. And oh how shiny it shall feel.

wtf are you on about Judge other than 1 typo in the word work its perfectly coherent.

As soon as a new skill comes up you're gonna lose the ability to wear the max cape uber cape and the capes of 10 and have to wokr1 ur2 way bk3 up (thru4)5 them bit by bit.

1work

2your

3back

4through

5(Redundant part of sentence)

Mhm mhm.

Internet slang has no relevance to coherence of meaning, given that we are using an online medium and everybody reading this will know basic internet slang or have a firm enough graspe of it to figure out what such basic contractions mean.

Equally sure a word may be redundant and extra but it doesn't mean it somehow effects the meaning of the sentence.

We might all know it, but we don't use internet slang here when it's not necessary, it makes posts much more difficult to read. It's like knowing about the stupid things people often do, but that doesn't justify acting stupid. Redundant phrasing, by definition, doesn't affect the meaning of a sentence, but it reduces coherence, which again makes it more difficult to read.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Redundant words don't effect coherence. Coherence is all about clear meaning. "through them bit by bit" and "them bit by bit" both give the exact same meaning and neither is more difficult to read.

Heck half the time during essay writing you end up going through ADDING redundant words just to fill out that last 50 - 100 words to hit word count.

Equally internet slang isn't harder to read; if it does you got issues.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I wonder if they will alter the the appearance of the current Skill achievement capes to match the layout on the "Master Cape" for dunge? :unsure:

Now THAT would be a nice update ... :thumbup:

nyuseg.png

I wonder if they will alter the the appearance of the current Skill achievement capes to match the layout on the "Master Cape" for dunge? :unsure:

I think the main point of the Master Dg cape was to make it extra special, since 120 is extra difficult to achieve.

I think the main point of the Master Dg cape was to make it extra special, since 120 is extra difficult to achieve.

Well, thank YOU, buzz killer... <_<

nyuseg.png

"Uber" Cape? I think they could have thought of a much more creative name than that. I HATE the word uber.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

"Uber" Cape? I think they could have thought of a much more creative name than that. I HATE the word uber.

That's because it should be spelled "Über" it's NOTHING without the umlaut ... :rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

I like the idea of the capes for time played and account age, but the ones for levels again reinforcing the 'Skill for cape instead of skill for fun'. The original capes ruined RuneScape, these will just compound that.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I like the idea of the capes for time played and account age, but the ones for levels again reinforcing the 'Skill for cape instead of skill for fun'. The original capes ruined RuneScape, these will just compound that.

Define "ruined"? the vast majority of people I know and speak to when training a stat to 99 are doing it for the achievement of a 99, same as they did before the capes arrived, not the minority who do it for a pretty cape.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm guessing they can't do the 10 yr cape til nxt yr (despite rs being 10) because the first yr systems obviousl werent advance enough to store creation dates.

But they all sound quite good; lots to work towards.

There is nothing advanced about a DateTime column in a sql table.

SQL injection attack for 10 year old account!!!!!

At beginning i thought of a new Fire cape :unsure: I hope these capes will not have stats. Have Jagex said they will have stats?

They'll probably be equal to current skillcapes, other than the ones for each 10 levels. I'm guessing the one for all level 10s will be +1 in all, while the level 50 one will be +5.

Obby cape can't drop any lower than it is already, so like that it probably won't devalue much.

Uber cape, at the very least, have the combined stats of the SW cape and firecape. Throw in the mage arena cape and accumulator while you're at it.

Sy_Accursed and Will_H, can you stop talking about one bad freaking post? Have PM war? Make a new topic?

It sounds like a pointless future update.

I'd rather have it if they would spend their time on real content.

Artisan's workshop.

I'm gonna love bringing that up every time someone says they should spend their time on something more useful.

Define "ruined"? the vast majority of people I know and speak to when training a stat to 99 are doing it for the achievement of a 99, same as they did before the capes arrived, not the minority who do it for a pretty cape.

Your posts suggests that there is a large and real distinction between getting a 99 for the achievement of said 99 and the acheivement of being able to wear the cape for said 99.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I daresay that the vast majority of people actually get their first/second 99s for the cape, then get the next for reasons of advancement.

Only truly self-motivated people would get 99 before the Skillcape update. I only did all the Quests before the skillcapes as a parallel because I felt completion in them. And one of my friends got 99 cooking just for the feeling of achievement.

But after the capes were released, more people grew compelled to aim not just for higher levels, but for a 99, and chase it relentlessly.

If you look at how many people on the highscores have 99 cooking, and how many of them stay at 13,034,341 XP, you can easily see how many of those guys are doing it just for the cape.

And the story continues about raw materials costing more, skilling becoming a money losing avenue, et cetera.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.