[dev blog] Capes of Distinction

miner2006

I'd prefer it be called "Cape of Completion"

That sounds reasonable. Fits in with the style of the game, whereas "uber cape" really doesn't.

I guess that means I'll have a veteran cape, I'm pretty sure I've got 5 years under my belt. Nice. icon_e_ugeek.gif

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most noobs I see probably started in 2008-2009

5 years is 06, theres a lot of people that started 01-06, I am willing to say most runescapers are old (as should everyone saying the rs is dying doomsday theories)

You did forget that not everyone keeps playing on his first account created. I am now playing on a account that was created a year ago (been playing on it after summer holiday though) and my first account was created a month before the slayer skill came out. So I would get the 5 years cape on my first account but not on the account I play with now.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I was already going for 90+ so at least this will make me skill harder to achieve it before the update. Thanks Jagex for hinting at updates like this during university time.

im wondering why they couldn't think of a better name than ubercape

The name sure sounds rushed.

Über

Uber Challenge

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I was already going for 90+ so at least this will make me skill harder to achieve it before the update. Thanks Jagex for hinting at updates like this during university time.

im wondering why they couldn't think of a better name than ubercape

The name sure sounds rushed.

Über

Uber Challenge

Point?

"Fantastic super good cape" contains nothing but real words but it doesn't mean its a good name. :wall:

The ESPN link particularly puzzles me.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vintage_Phil.png

I've been to the Crunch once...

"Traditionally, we have always considered level 99 to be max despite the Dungeoneering skill going to 120. We don’t plan to raise any other skills from 99 to 120, and still feel the max cape should be worn by players with all skills at level 99."

Seems new to me, or is this old news?

Ares_Artemis.png

"Traditionally, we have always considered level 99 to be max despite the Dungeoneering skill going to 120. We dont plan to raise any other skills from 99 to 120, and still feel the max cape should be worn by players with all skills at level 99."

Seems new to me, or is this old news?

Pretty sure it's old news, I think they said it shortly after revealing Dungeoneering.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

too bad they dont release 10 year capes yet...i could already wear it on atleast 2 of my accounts and other one is level 3

2 of my friends are capable to wear that uber cape before they are out but i guess it will be pretty rare sight...price of them should be uber also like 1bil since i think those who can wear, are able to throw 1b easily.

i dont like idea of rsc cape if it can be used if you just only visited in rsc which means rs2 noobs that were there in reopenings, can also use it.

I just hope they don't put numbers on capes

If it looked like a skill cape/ 120 dunge cape with V on it for the 5/Veterans I'd still love it.

I think skillcapes look terrible :blink: they're 5 years old and need a graphical overhaul in my eyes.

Those shoulder pads and that ugly trim ughh :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Alright, I feel like I've asked this before, but how long has RuneScape 2 been out? ... Because I swear I've played since Runecraft was released and someone told me that RC came out WITH RS2 rather than as an update TO RS2.

2dgucz6.png

Alright, I feel like I've asked this before, but how long has RuneScape 2 been out? ... Because I swear I've played since Runecraft was released and someone told me that RC came out WITH RS2 rather than as an update TO RS2.

AFAIK Runescape 2 officially came out early 2004.
Sephy.png

I like the idea of the Veteran cape, max cape, everything-completed-cape but I don't like the concept of a 10's cape, that kind of diminishes the difficulty of getting an accomplishment cape by a lot.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

AFAIK Runescape 2 officially came out early 2004.

Yeah rs 2 launched mar 04 along with rc.

Also I like how so many ppl r saying they culd get 10 yr cape already, think its safe to say by the fact jagex said "they can't" do it yet that accounts from 2001 didn't have sign up date stored and will taken as having been started on the first date they started storing creation dates at some point in 02, hence it can't be done eyt but can be next year.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Also I like how so many ppl r saying they culd get 10 yr cape already, think its safe to say by the fact jagex said "they can't" do it yet that accounts from 2001 didn't have sign up date stored and will taken as having been started on the first date they started storing creation dates at some point in 02, hence it can't be done eyt but can be next year.

More than likely they will use February 27th, 2002 - first date of RS members and also the first potential date that account recovery questions could be set - my account still has that date listed on the lobby screen.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

too bad they dont release 10 year capes yet...i could already wear it on atleast 2 of my accounts and other one is level 3

2 of my friends are capable to wear that uber cape before they are out but i guess it will be pretty rare sight...price of them should be uber also like 1bil since i think those who can wear, are able to throw 1b easily.

lol. That would just confine it to 'people who have played for 10 years and can merch or didn't trade their holiday items within 8 years'. I think they should definately be within the cost range of the 120 cape, the whole point of them is to show that you've been in the game for 10 years, not that you have loads of rs money. I've been around about 9 years and don't have piles of cash to show for it :P

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

lol. That would just confine it to 'people who have played for 10 years and can merch or didn't trade their holiday items within 8 years'. I think they should definately be within the cost range of the 120 cape, the whole point of them is to show that you've been in the game for 10 years, not that you have loads of rs money. I've been around about 9 years and don't have piles of cash to show for it :P

Yeah idea good stats automatically = rich is dumb.

I get by and do things bit by bit but my money making skills BLOW. Sure I prob have 250mil in various equipment and supplies, but I rarely have more than 10mil in cash and even thts only from saving up for weeks.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'd prefer it be called "Cape of Completion"

I don't really think it could be called that. There are many things the ubercape seems to leave out.

The requirements for the cape they listed seem a bit underwhelming for something aimed at completionists.

An actual uber cape would have someone do stuff like:

Have max total and questpoints

Complete all tasks

Defeat all champions

Own a complete Dahmaroc statue and Royale Cannon

Unlock Flames of Zamorak, Saradomin Strike, Claws of Guthix and Bones to Peaches

Have the titles of War-chief and Expert Dragon Archer

It might just seem like piling on random requirements, but shouldn't an uber cape be something that people truly have to work for? It would barely take a day to complete every task, probably less than two weeks to do the quests, and by then it'd be surprising if you don't have all music unlocked yet.

It just doesn't feel like Jagex put much imagination into it. If it was released now it'd probably be more common than a professional cape.

I like the idea of the Veteran cape, max cape, everything-completed-cape but I don't like the concept of a 10's cape, that kind of diminishes the difficulty of getting an accomplishment cape by a lot.

To put thing into perspective, here's the total amount of experience required for the following capes, assuming no overages:

Cape		Experience Required
10 Cape:		     28,850
20 Cape:		    111,750
30 Cape:		    334,075
40 Cape:		    930,600
50 Cape:		  2,533,325
60 Cape:		  6,843,550
Any Skillcape:		 13,034,431
70 Cape:		 18,440,675
80 Cape:		 49,651,700
90 Cape:		133,658,300
Maxed Cape:		325,860,775
Uber Cape:		417,099,510

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

[hide]- 2496 total

- all quests done

- all diaries done

- all music unlocked

- 4k chompies

- all champ scrolls

- lvl 5 all Barbarian Assault roles

- Inferno adze

- All locations with Jennica's ring found (Thanks to Gilly 2811)

- B2P unlocked

- 300+ MA

- all court cases

- maxed Dahmorac statue replica (in your house)

- access to abyss

- ghostly robes miniquest done

- all 3 god spells outside arena

- all baloon routes unlocked

- Tarn killed

- barbarian training

- Hopespear's Will (Miniquest after Land of the Goblins - Thanks to Gilly 2811)

- max kudos

- mogres unlocked

- knight waves done

- Looting Movario's base (After WGS - Thanks to KarashiKaiju)

- shadow sword miniquest done

- wizard burial miniquest done

- maxed Ivandis flail

- fully unlocked white knight armoury (Thanks to Kingly Robin)

- Capers (the extra tasks after Buyers and Cellars - Thanks to Gilly 2811)

- All bosses in Desert Slayer dungeon killed (Thanks to Gilly 2811)

- All Enchanted key locations found (Thanks to Gilly 2811)

- Receive a mint cake from Gnome at Poison Waste (Thanks 31O)

- Getting a pet Dragon

- Fetching all teeth for the Tooth Fairy.

- Lighting K'chunk's fire on Mos Le Harmless and fixing the bridges.

- Unlocking the entrance to the cave by Gu'tanoth and taking the herbs.

- Gathering Scabarite notes in the desert.

- Hunt for Surok.

- Wishlist of the Odd Old Man and slaying the Skeletal Horror.

- Getting an Elite clue scroll after Do No Evil.

- Giving 25 Chimp ice to Awowogei after Do No Evil.

- Getting a purple cat.

- Crafting jewellery after Gunnar's ground

- All emotes unlocked

- Unlocking Trollheim tablets after A Love Story

- Stealing a Craftsman's monocle from Urist Loric after Buyers and Cellars

- Corp cave after Summer's End [/hide]

I like this list

I do as well. Missing these things atm:

- 2496 total (120 Dunge)

- all music unlocked (Missing a dunge one)

- 4k chompies (600 or so done)

- all champ scrolls (2 done)

- Giving 25 Chimp ice to Awowogei after Do No Evil. (havent started)

Could also add all the minigames like "buy all void items", "wear full profound castle wars armor" etc just to make it even more of a challenge.

Guest TrixStar

- 4k chompies (600 or so done)

- all champ scrolls (2 done)

- Giving 25 Chimp ice to Awowogei after Do No Evil. (havent started)

no