[dev blog] Capes of Distinction

miner2006

If you look at how many people on the highscores have 99 cooking, and how many of them stay at 13,034,341 XP, you can easily see how many of those guys are doing it just for the cape.

What if it's just for the 99, an achievement independent of the cape?

~I Am A Bahai~

.:100% F2P for life:.

I_Am_A_Bahai.png

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be eligible for the 5 year cape come November. Hopefully it comes with a couple of decent bonuses.

Oh hell, yes it comes with the following abilities/bonuses:

- Reminisce about the "golden age" of Runescape (+2);

- Complain about how "easy" the game has become (+3); and

- Attract "noob" (+4).

Oh and it has an emote, wherein you are immediately tellied to the Fountain in Fally, your character waves his fist in the air, and says: "BrInG bAcK tHe WiLdY!!!!" "We PaY! wE sAy!!!"

oh and with the emote in the 10-year cape, you turn into a [racist term]rdly curmudgeon who yells at the kids to "GET OFF MY LAWN!!!" ...

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

Uber cape, at the very least, have the combined stats of the SW cape and firecape. Throw in the mage arena cape and accumulator while you're at it.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :sad: How can Jagex expect me to get 120 Dungeoneering and 99 in all skills?

I care only about 99 Str ,att and magic + Quests and Diaries. So i hope that Uber cape does not have better stats than the current capes for those skills.

EDIT:

I mean if the Uber cape have better stats than current melee capes, then it would be [bleep]ed up for Jagex to ask us to get 120 Dung, 99 in all to get a better melee cape.

What happened to "Level skills/or do activities that you love" ? I don't love Dung or getting 99 in all skills, but if Uber cape is better than most melee capes, then i am forced to grind.

it really shouldnt give better stats. if your maxed you really dont need a better cape, unless your going for 200m and even then i doubt it would help much

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

it really shouldnt give better stats. if your maxed you really dont need a better cape, unless your going for 200m and even then i doubt it would help much

I think the capes should all have minimal stats. And in particular the Uber cape. Because if you love Melee - Strength, attack and defence, but not Dungeoneering and getting 99 in all skills. Then you will not be able to get Uber cape if it turns out to have crazy melee stats.

Seriously, why should a player who loves 3 skills have to get 99 in all skills as well reach CRAZY 104M/120 dungeoneering? So with that said, i hope that all capes are decorative and if they do have stats that it can't compare with current capes.

The veteran cape really shouldn't give any decent stats, considering it's not really something that's earned at all. i have some junk accounts i still remember that are like 5-6 years old that i never even play on. Account creation should never give in-game advantages. It would certainly screw up pvp if it gave any str/offensive stat bonus.

I think the capes should all have minimal stats. And in particular the Uber cape. Because if you love Melee - Strength, attack and defence, but not Dungeoneering and getting 99 in all skills. Then you will not be able to get Uber cape if it turns out to have crazy melee stats.

Seriously, why should a player who loves 3 skills have to get 99 in all skills as well reach CRAZY 104M/120 dungeoneering? So with that said, i hope that all capes are decorative and if they do have stats that it can't compare with current capes.

You do realise that, y'know, you don't *have* to do it. There's no law requiring one. If you want to waste your time maxing out for a few extra numbers, then go ahead, but don't blame Jagex for your own motives.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I don't see a problem with say, the quest cape or the uber cape giving +12 prayer though.

Because you need to have access to soul wars capes to unlock those two capes anyways.

Naaxi.png

I don't see a problem with say, the quest cape or the uber cape giving +12 prayer though.

Because you need to have access to soul wars capes to unlock those two capes anyways.

If someone really spent that much time playing the game it would probably be fair to give them a cape that has some other use other than decoration, that is better than a cape done gotten after one quest.

You do realise that, y'know, you don't *have* to do it. There's no law requiring one. If you want to waste your time maxing out for a few extra numbers, then go ahead, but don't blame Jagex for your own motives.

I am paying Membership to acess content and also get update to game right? For me melee updates are the one that's fun. Now IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Uber cape has better or much better stats than current capes, OFC i want it.

So though "i have" the option to not do all that's needed to get a Uber cape, the desire for a great cape will force you to do all that's required to obtain it. And if you Rachya don't see a problem with that, then i have nothing more to say.

That's fine with me too :thumbup:

I am paying Membership to acess content and also get update to game right? For me melee updates are the one that's fun. Now IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Uber cape has better or much better stats than current capes, OFC i want it.

So though "i have" the option to not do all that's needed to get a Uber cape, the desire for a great cape will force you to do all that's required to obtain it. And if you Rachya don't see a problem with that, then i have nothing more to say.

The desire for a great cape will NOT force you if you have a modicum of common sense. That cape is for people who either have pretty much beaten the game, or are intending to. Do you honestly think that many people will go for that cape just if it has stats?

We don't even know if it HAS stats and we've no reason to believe it even will.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Always wondered why they never introduced a cape for maxed skills despite the high demand for one so I guess this is good :thumbup: I guess it will either be purely cosmetic or have better stats than the SW Cape. Should be interesting to see though.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

The desire for a great cape will NOT force you if you have a modicum of common sense. That cape is for people who either have pretty much beaten the game, or are intending to. Do you honestly think that many people will go for that cape just if it has stats?

We don't even know if it HAS stats and we've no reason to believe it even will.

If you stopped being a fangirl of Jagex, you'd see that having to get the requirements are beyond extreme. And the cape is for people who have beaten the game you say? How does beating the game have anything to do with better melee stats for a cape?

If the cape does not have stats or low stats then great :thumbup: Because you know why? I will not get it. Because i like Strength, attack and defence, the skills a Warrior class has. That defines my avatar.

What does define your avatar? Being a Jagex fangirl? Oh wait, you don't have special skills you like, your just a brainless grinder. Am i wrong though? I don't really care, i refuse to grind just because someone like you think it's a good idea that loads mind killing requirements for a better melee cape is fair. And if you want to give players who have "beaten the game", a reward, give them a decorative cape.

And yes, if the cape has great melee stats, i gurantee you that many players will go for it. Including me:

Great stats:

+8 Strength bonus

+12 Prayer bonus

+15 Defence bonus

+10 attack bonus

That's fine with me too :thumbup:

Because you pay for membership, you should be able to access all content? With 25 skills, 150+ quests and varios activities? In what logic? I don't like MA but I like combat, where is my imbued berserker ring? I see no logic in your posts.

It's your problem if you only like certain things in the game. RuneScape is not developed for any individual player. Deal with it.

A_Kekek.png

If you look at how many people on the highscores have 99 cooking, and how many of them stay at 13,034,341 XP, you can easily see how many of those guys are doing it just for the cape.

What if it's just for the 99, an achievement independent of the cape?

:thumbup: i know a lot of pures get 99 cook/fletch capes early on because they have decent bonuses for pures. I don't see anything wrong in training a skill just for the 99. It's no different than 200M'ers grinding the skill for 200M... it all has to do with goals.

Trollbomber.png

Definitely get the Classic one, certainly hope it's only available to people who were original classic players and can get into that one server still available to them.

I hope they'll get it right, because I could not play rsc until they reopened it even tho I started playing in '02.

If you stopped being a fangirl of Jagex, you'd see that having to get the requirements is a very huge burden. And the cape is for people who have beaten the game you say? How does beating the game have anything to do with better melee stats for a cape?

If the cape does not have stats or low stats then great :thumbup: Because you know why? I will not get it. Because i like Strength, attack and defence, the skills a Warrior class has. That defines my avatar.

What does define your avatar? Being a Jagex fangirl? Oh wait, you don't have special skills you like, your just a brainless grinder. Am i wrong though? I don't really care, i refuse to grind just because someone like you think it's a good idea that loads mind killing requirements for a better melee cape is fair. And if you want to give players who have "beaten the game", a reward, give them a decorative cape.

And yes, if the cape has great melee stats, i gurantee you that many players will go for it. Including me:

Great stats:

+8 Strength bonus

+12 Prayer bonus

+15 Defence bonus

+10 attack bonus

Aww cute, he thinks I'm still going to marry MMG. We broke up months ago :rolleyes:

Of course getting stats for the cape is a huge thing, it's the BIGGEST thing. Getting maxed is a big deal, getting maxed with 120 Dung, quests, tasks ect is even bigger...

I really hope to God that it doesn't have any melee stats so you don't whine about it.

You're wronger than you can imagine, calling me a brainless grinder is ridiculously laughable, do you even KNOW me? I'm one of the biggest proponents this site has for not grinding mindlessly skills that you don't want to train. I don't believe in efficiency for efficiency's sake, you're implying I believe in doing all skills no matter what. When, I believe in doing the skills you want to do and not disrespecting anyone that doesn't enjoy the same skills you do, the game has so many skills for a reason. It (supposedly) makes the game more freeform but, in reality, it is slowly distilling down skills so they're nothing more than aids for melee combat.

I really hope the cape doesn't have any melee stats, melee isn't the be-all and end all.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg