[dev blog] Capes of Distinction

miner2006

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The desire for a great cape will NOT force you if you have a modicum of common sense. That cape is for people who either have pretty much beaten the game, or are intending to. Do you honestly think that many people will go for that cape just if it has stats?

We don't even know if it HAS stats and we've no reason to believe it even will.

If you stopped being a fangirl of Jagex, you'd see that having to get the requirements are beyond extreme. And the cape is for people who have beaten the game you say? How does beating the game have anything to do with better melee stats for a cape?

If the cape does not have stats or low stats then great :thumbup: Because you know why? I will not get it. Because i like Strength, attack and defence, the skills a Warrior class has. That defines my avatar.

What does define your avatar? Being a Jagex fangirl? Oh wait, you don't have special skills you like, your just a brainless grinder. Am i wrong though? I don't really care, i refuse to grind just because someone like you think it's a good idea that loads mind killing requirements for a better melee cape is fair. And if you want to give players who have "beaten the game", a reward, give them a decorative cape.

And yes, if the cape has great melee stats, i gurantee you that many players will go for it. Including me:

Great stats:

+8 Strength bonus

+12 Prayer bonus

+15 Defence bonus

+10 attack bonus

Would you seriously shut up? NONE of these capes are going to have better stats than existing capes, and I will bet money on that.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Aww cute, he thinks I'm still going to marry MMG. We broke up months ago :rolleyes:

Of course getting stats for the cape is a huge thing, it's the BIGGEST thing. Getting maxed is a big deal, getting maxed with 120 Dung, quests, tasks ect is even bigger...

I really hope to God that it doesn't have any melee stats so you don't whine about it.

You're wronger than you can imagine, calling me a brainless grinder is ridiculously laughable, do you even KNOW me? I'm one of the biggest proponents this site has for not grinding mindlessly skills that you don't want to train. I don't believe in efficiency for efficiency's sake, you're implying I believe in doing all skills no matter what. When, I believe in doing the skills you want to do and not disrespecting anyone that doesn't enjoy the same skills you do, the game has so many skills for a reason. It (supposedly) makes the game more freeform but, in reality, it is slowly distilling down skills so they're nothing more than aids for melee combat.

I really hope the cape doesn't have any melee stats, melee isn't the be-all and end all.

I like Melee combat and i have finished many quests, diaries and so on to get the items that has with Melee combat to do. But those requirements were fair. And the requirements for Uber cape are ones that could take years to complete. And so much time for one cape? That's stupid.

Mobilising armies - 1 week to get rank 300

Dungeoneering - Takes some days to get weapons you want. I stopped at Rapier cause i can't deal with random players

Quests - Ok, requirements and with guides you can do quests fast.

But 120 Dung + 99 in all skills? That's crazy.

Would you seriously shut up? NONE of these capes are going to have better stats than existing capes, and I will bet money on that.

I am just discussing IF the cape has stats you [wagon]. If you wanna join in, and argument for why it will not have stats, i am more than willing to hear you out.

But if you wanna tell me to shut up, well you can just [bleep] off.

@Obutaurian It's on development and you're already jumping to conclusions? shessh. Although I have to slighly agree with you. It wouldn't

make sense for those capes to have good stats. Otherwise, they'll just be like the firecape, where players pull out their

shenanigans and exploit all sorts of tricks to obtain one and seriously, who wants that? -.-

I am just discussing IF the cape has stats you [wagon]. If you wanna join in, and argument for why it will not have stats, i am more than willing to hear you out.

But if you wanna tell me to shut up, well you can just [bleep] off.

Profound armor (a melee-specific armor set) takes years to obtain, and I don't see you crying about that. There is simply no reason to believe that purely decorative capes will have better bonuses than existing capes, which seems like perfectly valid reasoning to me.

In the off-chance that I'm wrong (which I won't be), and the uber cape has better stats than existing capes, it'll be well-deserved. At the very worst, I can see the uber cape having skill cape stats with SW cape prayer bonus (I thought the 120 dungeoneering cape would have those stats when it came out).

dgs5.jpg

Profound armor (a melee-specific armor set) takes years to obtain, and I don't see you crying about that. There is simply no reason to believe that purely decorative capes will have better bonuses than existing capes, which seems like perfectly valid reasoning to me.

In the off-chance that I'm wrong (which I won't be), and the uber cape has better stats than existing capes, it'll be well-deserved. At the very worst, I can see the uber cape having skill cape stats with SW cape prayer bonus (I thought the 120 dungeoneering cape would have those stats when it came out).

Profound armor is for Castle wars players and have no stats outside game. So i am not "crying" because i am not a Castle wars player. And this is a question so don't read this wrong, but where has the blog said that the capes will be purely decorative only? And i never said i believed the capes would have better stats than current capes. i said IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Also i am not saying that players who get 99 in all skils and 120 Dung does not deserve a reward. They deserv the best decorative reward there is :thumbup:

I don't like MA but I like combat, where is my imbued berserker ring? I see no logic in your posts.

Ma for rings take a week, for Uber cape it could take years.

But my point is that you can't say that if you like for example combat, you HAVE to be ablo to get every useful combat item in the game. Herblore benefits combat, firemaking benefits ranged (hand cannon), dungeoneering benefits combat, MA benefits combat.

If they released a cape which takes years to get and which has slighly better stats than any other cape, it would be ok. That won't happen though, but dont assume that you have to be able to get all items you want easily. RS seriously needs more extremely high lvl stuff imo. And not just because I have maxed overall, I've thinked like that for years now. Actually I'd prefer 120 or 126 level caps. RuneScape doesn't allways have to be about getting the very best gear and/or the very best stats.

A_Kekek.png

I don't like MA but I like combat, where is my imbued berserker ring? I see no logic in your posts.

But my point is that you can't say that if you like for example combat, you HAVE to be ablo to get every useful combat item in the game. Herblore benefits combat, firemaking benefits ranged (hand cannon), dungeoneering benefits combat, MA benefits combat.

If they released a cape which takes years to get and which has slighly better stats than any other cape, it would be ok. That won't happen though, but dont assume that you have to be able to get all items you want easily. RS seriously needs more extremely high lvl stuff imo. And not just because I have maxed overall, I've thinked like that for years now. Actually I'd prefer 120 or 126 level caps. RuneScape doesn't allways have to be about getting the very best gear and/or the very best stats.

All i am saying is that items benefiting archers/mages and warriors should not be beyond extreme to obtain. It should be as hard or harder than Elite diary requirements.

All i am saying is that items benefiting archers/mages and warriors should not be beyond extreme to obtain. It should be as hard or harder than Elite diary requirements.

But WHY are you saying that when there's no reason to believe that any of these capes will have insane stats? Your argument has no basis whatsoever.

dgs5.jpg

I was hoping they would add a skill total cape... One can dream I suppose.

Isn't... that exactly what they're doing...?

Too bad I won't ever get the classic cape :/

Get membership when RSC is open. :thumbup:

If the cape does not have stats or low stats then great :thumbup: Because you know why? I will not get it. Because i like Strength, attack and defence, the skills a Warrior class has. That defines my avatar.

Good thing Runescape is based around classes like other MMO's then... wait, it isn't.

Comments like the one I underlined would encourage Jagex to add better stats for it though, especially since you said later on that if it had better stats then any other cape, you would get it.

You spending time getting it = cash for Jagex.

I think you're just being defensive about your precious fire cape not being the best offensive combat cape anymore after it holding the title for over 5 years.

I think if Jagex went about this from a business standpoint, they would add better stats to the uber cape then any other cape, giving most people a incentive to get all their skills up.

It would encourage loads to do things they don't normally do (yourself included). Like Mod Mark (I think) said at Runefest, as a content developer, it's his job to get players to try content that is released.

Honestly though, I don't think the capes will have any stats because whiners like yourself would get a hissyfit and rage/freak out like you seem to be.

Lets just release uber capes to everyone for free then. Nobody would have to spend years getting one if they did this! Win/Win.

Can't wait for this! At the moment though, the only cape I'd be able to get is the 10 cape. :( But I'm getting close to the veteran cape. ^^ (And technically the maxed cape as well, but I need about 200 more effigies for that).

I really hope those capes will have some decent stats. And I really don't care if the Uber cape beats every other cape stat-wise, because I feel those players deserve it.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

i hope that the cape become the best all around cape, since you need to 'complete' the game for it, only fair it gives better stats.

since wearing it, will let other people know that you have fire cape/sw cape/skill capes and so on... it would be lame, you ' couldn't ' wear it in combat, just becouse it's worse then the previous ones

it's like adding new high-lvl armour/weapons that requires 90's in melees and be worse than runite armour/weapons.

oh and btw, i think pures should whine that armour gives better defence stats than bronze armour, they don't wanna get those levels, why should armour that they can't wear be better that the one they can?

or for the players that don't like questing, leather gloves should be at least equal to 'dark' gloves,

should i continue?

AbandonnedEpicDpser25.pngAbandonnedHeroDpser22.pngWarpedEpicDpser25.png

I can has 10 year cape? April 6th 2001 was my creation date, and if they decide for some reason that they can't determine creation dates in 2001 I was a member from day 1 (Feb. 27, 2002) as well. I hope it looks good with bunny ears, which is a requisite part of my skilling outfit.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

The capes of distinction will have better stats, they're in a different category from capes of achievement.

the max cape and the uber cape will be the best 2 in game pretty much fact.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Hopefully this can shut up the people that sit there and say, "i played rs 14 years ago and i have 80 billion partyhat sets up i got hacked/gave them away/pked with them and now that i am back i am going to beg you for money and tell you how i deserve your partyhat." Well maybe it won't stop their begging, but at least we can know if they played classic and or been on rs for a while :thumbup:

The capes of distinction will have better stats, they're in a different category from capes of achievement.

the max cape and the uber cape will be the best 2 in game pretty much fact.

Did you get that from the high level forums?

jpegsigtest.jpg