Anyone get an invite in their RS inbox?

joker2022

I got one.

Don't know if they send out randomly or something, obviously i'm no mod or maxed player, and i've never been really into the whole RS community thing.

If i don't got anything better to do i might see what's what.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Extremely easy way to determine if messages from Jagex are real or fake: If it's in your RS inbox, the one you can access when you log in, it's real. If it's in your actual email, it's fake. No exceptions.

No exceptions?.... not strictly true. I had a genuine email from Jagex to my personal address only last week.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Not a mod but got 10 years of play on my char and several 99s :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If anyone remeber, Jagex used to send thank you messages when you submitted a bug report but this was quite rare. I remember getting few of these in 2005-2006.

Now I recieve a lot of letters.

Jagex has recently again broke some of their promises and sent emails also.

581st to Cooking 99 [June 2005]-------------71537th to Hitpoints 99 [December 2009]

233rd to Firemaking 99 [February 2006]----65875th to Defence 99 [February 2010]

822nd to Woodcutting 99 [March 2006]------95249th to Attack 99 [April 2010]

576th to Fishing 99 [september 2006]-------14016th to Crafting 99 [January 2011]

83541st to Strength 99 [May 2009]----------124340th to Magic 99 [June 2011]

23885th to Smithing 99 [september 2011]--XXXXXXth to Ranged 99 [October 2012]

F2p forever ...

Not a mod but got 10 years of play on my char and several 99s :(

Subtract a year and that's me, maybe mod/maxed and older players... ? Don't know.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I've gotten several emails in my personal inbox (never really checked to see if they were legit or not, but they were just notifications about updates coming up soon anyway), but never any in my RS inbox. I (obviously) don't fall into any of the special circumstance categories, except maybe for being around for a while (01/02, but on a different account so it probably doesn't count anyway).

That being said, if I had this email sent to me, I probably wouldn't go anyway, lol. I only do minigames and such with friends or with people from Shyla's cc if I'm on (which recently, I haven't been due to a recent readdiction to other games). Still, it's rather... odd. I would've expected the in game inbox to be reserved for something more important than an invitation for an event, heh.

Link_Olaran.png

This should be a good chance to stock up on 'Stuff' for brewing. Even on the official Trouble Brewing world, the place is empty most of the day. Although it's probably going to turn into a firefighting fest.

All these communtiy and clan events are probably the inevitable result of Jagex paying people to do community stuff.

Extremely easy way to determine if messages from Jagex are real or fake: If it's in your RS inbox, the one you can access when you log in, it's real. If it's in your actual email, it's fake. No exceptions.

Not true. I've received several from Jagex to my actual e-mail address.

09144a99bb.png

I got the invite, I don't fall into any special category, and I promptly deleted it since I'm going to be working all weekend (and wouldn't participate even if I wasn't).

I wonder how many people who got the invite are active community members or, like me, are antisocial hermits. I'm guessing I got an invite because my account show little or no activity in any of the minigames being featured in the weekend festivities.

I'm willing to bet that the "exciting" reward items are neither as rewarding or exciting as they want us to believe, too...

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

No invite for me. I am a maxed player, which got invited to too many ingame events already. Not usually participate in wknd events anyway. I am getting tired of this year of clan/group/community.