19-Apr-2011 - Items Kept on Death Changes

Michael

Is this going to effect the prices of barrows items, because as far I as I can recall, the more expensive barrows items (i.e. helmets) were more expensive because people were more likely to lose them because of their lower high alch value. With the item you drop now being decided by grand exchange value, are the prices of barrows items going to become entirely based around utility?

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this going to effect the prices of barrows items, because as far I as I can recall, the more expensive barrows items (i.e. helmets) were more expensive because people were more likely to lose them because of their lower high alch value. With the item you drop now being decided by grand exchange value, are the prices of barrows items going to become entirely based around utility?

Yep, that's why you invest in the keep commonly used parts now.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

Verac's and Dharok's helms are both now ~2-3mil, so I'd say so.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Probably trolling you. And i know i don't have to use Holiday items, but can you blame me? For once i want to keep a item in my bank instead of sending it to Diango. I bet Diango's chest of holiday items is so filled with dust that you could lit the dust and make a fire!

Just change your character to a girl then...

8VpoF.png

Like me.

PS: Ain't I pretty?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

i cant help but feel i missed something...

you did, it was the part that included easter in the event. looks like jagex missed it too.

Equinox celebrations predate zombie jesus anyway, we got a small cameo from the easter bunny and personally I'm glad we didn't have to return to that **** factory again.

Mhm, I think Jagex was wise to move on from that. Easter is fundamentally and originally a celebration of the passing of the year from the Winter to the Summer, the time when life appears in nature. The whole easter egg thing is symbolic of that. You can understand why the Christians adopted it.

It's neat how the Land of Snow is now part of a larger mythos, I hope to see more of that in the future.

RuneScape, as such a multi cultural game, its only logical to do this. the squirrel was a nice touch (although we don't have any over here...)

and on a totally different note, the queens had rather large jug's :shock: that's a rarity in RS.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I really enjoyed the event, to be honest. It was a nice change from the generic Easter Bunny events.

Now I wish we had holly and hawthorne trees in the game. Looking forward to the tree update affecting all trees in RuneScape. It makes the game a lot prettier and more attractive to play, although I think it still needs a ton of reworking before it can be very attractive for me to play again.

One thing I liked is that they added clothing items more geared towards female characters. More feminine clothing is needed in this game. There needs to be more default clothing, for example. It really gets on my nerves that we don't have more variety with hairstyles (and hair color) and that there aren't many default tops that have defined feminine features (such as breasts) or many skirt choices (that show more of the legs). Also, shoes and bracelets. I hate every piece of clothing looking like something your grandma would wear!

Also, I wouldn't mind the Spring Queen's clothes.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

When is the Easter event removed? It usually states somewhere in the news post but I can't find it anywhere.

Probably with the next update, assuming there is no update next week. They don't seem to add content while seasonal events are in progress.

I'd give it 2 weeks from release, but I haven't seen them state when it will be removed either so.

What about paying gp for items inside dungeoneering

I would happily pay over 100m for items like hhb or blood necklace.

NO!

That is one thing that separates DG from the rest of the game --- everyone is more-or-less on the same playing field.

td2sig.jpg

What about paying gp for items inside dungeoneering

I would happily pay over 100m for items like hhb or blood necklace.

I don't think you understand how rare hexes are. :lol: 100m isn't even close. Assuming 1 hex per 50m dungeoneering exp and around ~300-350k exp/h . . . yeah.

And I agree with Dragonlord - the lowliest noob in the overworld has the same gear or has a chance at the same gear as a filthy rich 138, and I prefer it that way.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

lol whats this? why cracker is kept automatically but phats not?

rs2keepondeath.png

Because if you risk that many partyhats, you deserve to lose them. Nobody in their right mind would go anywhere dangerous with those items in inventory.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

But, why would crackers go under the automatically kept grouping?

Out of curiosity, do easter eggs, pumpkins and half wines automatically keep too?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.