19-Apr-2011 - Items Kept on Death Changes

Michael

Once again, you don't need to use holiday items at all. They're barely a cosmetic addition anyway, since they just look tacky and terrible in general. Skeleton costume? Jack o Lantern head? What?

After I complete any holiday event, the item "rewards" go straight back to Diango.

How dare you deny the sanctity of the rubber chicken? :P

200k tokens is very cheap for a mid-long term dungeoneer (Thinking 90+). I would've traded my cls for a hexhunter in a heartbeat if it was an option <_< . 200k tokens would make it lose any semblence of rarity. Virtualy everyone on a warped floor would use one. :unsure:

I actually think 2m tokens wouldn't be very unreasonable for a hexhunter. As many people wouldn't even consider such a price a viable option, it'd still be fairly rare and sought after, but it's still on the table for those shooting for something like the master-cape, but have had a terrible luck-streak (which is entirely possible as far as soulgazers are concerned :rolleyes: )

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one mentioned the Club 99 newspost.

With the introduction of clan support and the forthcoming Capes of Distinction, more and more players are pushing their training and levels to get to that magical level 99. We think that it is high time that we helped you get there.

Shortly, you will be seeing the introduction of additional support for anyone who has set themselves a target of getting to level 99 in any skill. So, how are we going to support you?

First off, you will notice the introduction of a mentor program, where those with level 99 in a skill will give advice and support to those that have set their target as level 99 in that skill. There will be an individual chat channel for each skill where you can ask questions of the mentors, as well as look for support from those that are also heading for level 99.

On top of that, we will be releasing a forum specifically aimed at those trying to get a level 99, where the mentors will be able to offer advice, post guides or just tell you to stop slacking and get that farm run done before you have to log off.

Of course, we don’t want to forget the support that being in a good skilling clan can offer, so we’ll be arranging some events to help clans show you what they can offer (and help them get the cream of the crop). To take a look at what these clans have to offer, why not visit the new Clan area of the website?

Finally, we know that some of you are old hands at getting a level 99, so we want to help celebrate that by having a Hall of Fame for the best skillers in game. If you are pro enough to get to level 99 in ten skills, you will make it into the Hall of Fame and be immortalised in RuneScape history. Keep your eyes open for more on this in the coming weeks.

I can't imagine this going well. If the mentors are picked like the forum moderators are....god help the people seeking advice. I'll stay on tip.it thankyouverymuch.

hzvjpwS.gif

Why does the rarity of the bow have to affect it's price? So because the bow is so rare it should cost 2M tokens? It's meaningless to use 2M tokens on a bow when it has no effect what so ever on Runescape outside of Dungeoneering. It would be a positive update, just negative for players who have one because they don't want others to have what they have, because then they will no longer feel special.

Toad: If Hexhunter bow cost 200K tokens and Hood 50K, would this not make a incentive for players to form a clan with 80-90 Dungeoneering requirement? Seeing as you need 100+ Dungeoneering before you can join a decent Dungeoneering clan.

With 2M price tag for a item that has no value for players who love to PK and Monsterhunt, i don't blame people for botting.

Besides no need to make Slayer items buyable if it's gonna cost 2M tokens. 2M tokens is plenty of time to obtain a bow + others, if you spend time dunging with 99 slayer players.

Members chopping down hawthorn trees in F2P. If that isn't advertising member's content a la gnomecopter style, then I don't know what is. Just reinforces the view that F2P is a demo. Heh. Oh, and did I mention non-members only get 1/2 of the holiday event? Attempting to get the ice crown is for p2p only. Such a pity.

Thought it was funny when I saw members wearing dragon items achoppin in f2p...

Also I didn't know the evil tree was so... sexy.

It's about as bad as the "you are now entering the member's zone" pop-up when you complete a bronze sword request from Aksel in the workshop. Expect to see more of these p2p intrusions on what is supposedly a complete and separate game in the future, way things are going.

EDIT: as for the death mechanics being revised, say hello to "casual."

Now hang on, you do realise how bad it was a few years ago, before MMG came along, right? This is a very light nudge in comparison.

Also, the death mechanics aren't as forgiving as I feared they were going to be when they were first mentioned. Ultimately the idea is to stop the scam where someone drops 4 items with high alchemy values like dragon longswords in the wilderness, so that whoever picks them up will lose items of much greater value when killed. On the other hand, certain aspects like choosing what you want to keep and more liberal respawn points are completely unnecessary.

Well, really, no one LIKES losing items if they die. A low level dying at Tzhaar isn't exactly encouraged. Sad part is, bots keep their most expensive item if you manage to kill them, not to mention they stand a much better chance of getting it back.

I kinda dislike the wilde change though. I mean, I can understand them wanting to stop scammers from getting whips by dragon 4 dragon items... but the prices for a lot of the items are affected BY what you keep on death. This will just play hell with prices. (Although, to be fair/honest, part of my dislike towards this is based on the fact that this update could cause claws to drop. I like expensive claws.)

[hide]

Two crowns that are designed for female heads. Specially the Sunbeam crown. So in this case the developers behind the event chose females in favor of men. So i hope that you ladies like the "crowns" (more like tiara).

Even if that's true, it's not as if almost all other armor is designed for men. :rolleyes:

I don't see why you add emote "Rolleyes". Is your eyes weak? Ok, i will help:

Quoting myself:

So i hope that you ladies like the "crowns" (more like tiara).

I just wish they could make both a male and female version, not just one way. It's really waste of items for the gender that gets a weird item. In this case for male players like myself. Why would i wear a tiara lol.

[/hide]

Maybe it's your turn to experience what female players do?

Just out of curiosity, experience what kind of things that female players experience?

Ill-fitting armor and clothing that's just ugly. Just off the top of my head, BCP bares your midriff. Why would you even wear armor if you're going to leave a big hole for weapons to go through.

Female armour in video game is based on the fact that females are good looking, and the more "beauty" (aka skin) they show, the more reluctant people are to hit them.

Why does the rarity of the bow have to affect it's price? So because the bow is so rare it should cost 2M tokens? It's meaningless to use 2M tokens on a bow when it has no effect what so ever on Runescape outside of Dungeoneering. It would be a positive update, just negative for players who have one because they don't want others to have what they have, because then they will no longer feel special.

Toad: If Hexhunter bow cost 200K tokens and Hood 50K, would this not make a incentive for players to form a clan with 80-90 Dungeoneering requirement? Seeing as you need 100+ Dungeoneering before you can join a decent Dungeoneering clan.

With 2M price tag for a item that has no value for players who love to PK and Monsterhunt, i don't blame people for botting.

Besides no need to make Slayer items buyable if it's gonna cost 2M tokens. 2M tokens is plenty of time to obtain a bow + others, if you spend time dunging with 99 slayer players.

DGS is decent, and it's more or less 70+. I'm kinda indifferent to the Hexhunter idea. I don't want one, can't use one, don't have 3 binds lol. I know from the perspective of DGS, 200k tokens is too cheap for it considering it's only worth it as a 3rd bind and you have a lot of tokens at that level. I'd rather pay to upgrade my CSB in DG so it casts fire surge >_>

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Why does the rarity of the bow have to affect it's price? So because the bow is so rare it should cost 2M tokens? It's meaningless to use 2M tokens on a bow when it has no effect what so ever on Runescape outside of Dungeoneering. It would be a positive update, just negative for players who have one because they don't want others to have what they have, because then they will no longer be special.

An ideal team doesn't have all 5 with hexhunters, and you only see a great benefit with them if its your third bind. Using them as your only weapon is less effective than using a prom 2h as your only weapon. Unless the desperado update effected that, but i highly doubt so. Even with buyable rewards clans with 80-90 dungeoneering requirements wouldn't have a use for them except for buying the hood. Buying a hex before 100 dg doesn't make any sense, whereas binding one before 100 dg right now does make sense due to the rarity. Unfortunately with them being buyable for 200k tokens we'd see way too many hex users, and as a result the surgebox users would dwindle, effectively slowing floors down.

I don't have a hex, but 2M is a proper amount of tokens for one. As it stands right now you're lucky to see a hex drop in 20M exp, and then you only have a 1/5 chance of getting the item.

As for good Dungeoneering clans below 100: DGS. Better than 3bo imo.

Neltak.png

DGS is decent, and it's more or less 70+. I'm kinda indifferent to the Hexhunter idea. I don't want one, can't use one, don't have 3 binds lol. I know from the perspective of DGS, 200k tokens is too cheap for it considering it's only worth it as a 3rd bind and you have a lot of tokens at that level. I'd rather pay to upgrade my CSB in DG so it casts fire surge >_>

Well i was just saying. I think there would be probably more clans around if those rare items could be bought. And yes Hexhunter bow is very rare, but putting a 2M price tag is just not right. I mean what's point of making the price tag so high? Just to make it reflect it's rareness as drop (and appearance of monster)?

That's a bad way to think. Because most players start dunging for a Chaotic rapier, a crossbow or a longsword. Not to level Dungeoneering experience to 20M, and buy a Hexhunter bow.

Female armour in video game is based on the fact that females are good looking, and the more "beauty" (aka skin) they show, the more reluctant people are to hit them.

Oh, sure, more reluctant to hit alright. But hitting on? Hah!

The bared midriff style is asking for a disemboweling. With a trainee sword.

I remember when female armors - especially the chestplates - glitched so that you looked like a god damn American football player.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

111M Xp I've seen 1 Hex, 200k is just a stupid price.

I'll tell you why, higher level players only join some floors in hopes of seeing a soulgazer or getting a bow, it's an added bonus to a floor, being able to buy it is a waste of time because well.. It takes the fun out of that, then it's like "Soulgazer - so what.." pretty much what an Edimmu is now.

So saying 107 Dungeoneering is when most people see one, well there's people like me who have only seen one and seen plenty of gazers.

When I was close to 120 Dungeoneering I had over 6M tokens, with nothing to spend it on, I would have liked 2M an extra bind if I'm honest.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I'll tell you why, higher level players only join some floors in hopes of seeing a soulgazer or getting a bow, it's an added bonus to a floor, being able to buy it is a waste of time because well.. It takes the fun out of that, then it's like "Soulgazer - so what.." pretty much what an Edimmu is now.

So saying 107 Dungeoneering is when most people see one, well there's people like me who have only seen one and seen plenty of gazers.

When I was close to 120 Dungeoneering I had over 6M tokens, with nothing to spend it on, I would have liked 2M an extra bind if I'm honest.

I hate that everything must be a rare. If everyone can get a Hexhunter bow and use as third bind it's better than people going around "Oh i am special i got a bow!".

I actually liked that they reused the characters from other events. A definite improvement from the factories...

No idea why people are [bleep]ing about the rewards being cosmetic. Plenty of people are wearing the ice crown, and it's actually pretty unique in appearence.

20% reduction in Livid was unexpected yet entirely welcome. I'm slightly more incentivized to go now... And yet still procrastinating. :mellow:

And I guess the items kept on death update is alright. Some of my friends freak out even when they have the time to get back to their grave, so I should think this to help calm them.

I should think that only incredibly jaded veterans are complaining about this.

2dgucz6.png

I hate that everything must be a rare. If everyone can get a Hexhunter bow and use as third bind it's better than people going around "Oh i am special i got a bow!".

A team of five hexes (assuming three binds) would suck. 200k tokens is two days of casual dungeoneering for me.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

A team of five hexes (assuming three binds) would suck. 200k tokens is two days of casual dungeoneering for me.

Again, why must there be a need for the bow to be so rare or hard to get?

Rare drops/items are staples in MMO's. I don't see the problem.

dgs5.jpg

Again, why must there be a need for the bow to be so rare or hard to get?

Staples?

I remember when female armors - especially the chestplates - glitched so that you looked like a god damn American football player.

2m7atti.jpg

which one would you do?

tbh i never noticed the midrift thing, but then ive never changed my character male.

also the godbooks have been hotfixed, and they say they'll be doing the same to more items in the coming week

Quick find code: 15-16-841-62690906

Why must partyhats cost so much? If everyone could get one it would be better then some people going around "Oh I am special, I got a phat!".

Same concept.

-

I liked the event. It didnt feel like an easter event, but rather a spring event which I don't mind. The crowns are ok, I'm not a big tiara person though so I probably won't wear them much, but some people probably will.

I love the graphics. Typing this while relaxing to the sound of a waterfall, while sitting under a tree. :P

2n1uf60.jpg

2m7atti.jpg

which one would you do?

tbh i never noticed the midrift thing, but then ive never changed my character male.

Heh.

Don't they both look like children? It's like playing dress up with barbie dolls.

EDIT: Eggs, your avatar is looking fearsomely handsome.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Why must partyhats cost so much? If everyone could get one it would be better then some people going around "Oh I am special, I got a phat!".

I didn't mean exactly that. So i will rephrase what i meant. That Hexhunter is rare should not affect the price, because it is not like a Phat or Torva. It's a item you use in Dungeoneering. At end of day it has no value for outside Dungeoneering. And so it should be buyable for relatively low price of tokens. Again 2M Tokens is absurd because again, if you Dung only to obtain items like Chaotic, it would not be worth it. And things could just remain the same.

And yes Hexhunter is very hard to get and so on. But why not make it buyable for 200K-400K tokens, and that it being dropped by Soulgazer a bonus? And you could make it so that it requires 99 Slayer to use.

The HHB is painstakingly rare to obtain, so I think it is more than fair to be able to buy something like that. That would also add a nice reward, something that is severely needed at high end levels and to add some value to tokens again.

That says something about how ridiculously easy Chaotic equipment is to get.

I'll tell you why, higher level players only join some floors in hopes of seeing a soulgazer or getting a bow,

Not really, high levels do the higher floors for XP primarily.

it's an added bonus to a floor, being able to buy it is a waste of time because well.. It takes the fun out of that, then it's like "Soulgazer - so what.."

It may be initially exciting but after a while, it is pretty tedious . I think it is ridiculous that there are people that have gone through 10s of millions of experience without ever seeing a bow drop--I know more than one person in that situation. I don't use the phrase lightly, I actually know several people that are well above 120 dungeoneering that haven't gotten one yet.

pretty much what an Edimmu is now.

Edimmus are extremely rare too.

Nice idea.

Just like a lot of other things, there are plenty of things in the MMO subculture that are extreme, that I certainly wouldn't miss if they were amended or done away with. Inexplicably rare drops are one such thing. Before I get pounded, I am a boss hunter and I have made billions from boss hunting--so I know the rational behind rare drops and can even appreciate them, but they have to be reasonable. Hex, is not, at the moment reasonable.

I understand if that happens, that for a lot of high levels that had to grind through hours to see one, it might not be a status symbol anymore, I am simply not sympathetic to this. Plenty of unreasonable things have been amended before, including 'rare' drops, so don't see why this can't be fixed.

Again i understand that someone have reached 120 dung without a hexbow. But if the bow costs to much, it will be another object of grinding. And since it's a rare item in Dungeoneering, it will not affect gaming other than "Ooo you got a Hex? Nice!".

And more people having Hex as third bind>Better dungs right?

And more people having Hex as third bind>Better dungs right?

Absolutely not. Having more than three hexes on a team is absurd. Two is ideal. Hexes are not necessities like surgeboxes are. DGS currently has eight hexhunters and our warped floors are negatively affected by it.

dgs5.jpg

And yes Hexhunter is very hard to get and so on. But why not make it buyable for 200K-400K tokens, and that it being dropped by Soulgazer a bonus? And you could make it so that it requires 99 Slayer to use.

200-400k tokens is a joke to anyone who has a use for a hex. Heck, I'm burning tokens on random ring upgrades at the moment just to have them. I'll never use most of them. Leave the underworld items under Daemonheim, keep the overworld items over Daemonheim imo.

(That meaning don't add dungeoneering items used in dungeons, to the shop.)