19-Apr-2011 - Items Kept on Death Changes

Michael

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again i understand that someone have reached 120 dung without a hexbow. But if the bow costs to much, it will be another object of grinding. And since it's a rare item in Dungeoneering, it will not affect gaming other than "Ooo you got a Hex? Nice!".

The way I see it is that this wouldn't be a goal to grind for, or even a goal at all. This would just be something that a person could spend their excess tokens on if they so wished, in order to compensate for their bad luck. I view 2m tokens as fair for this, as a fair amount of players will have seen one or two soulgazers by 103/104 dungeoneering (ignoring the fact that they probably bought themselves some shiny new chaotics). This could simply be a mechanism to help people who are interested in perusing dungeoneering even further, but extracting a fair price.

I hate that everything must be a rare. If everyone can get a Hexhunter bow and use as third bind it's better than people going around "Oh i am special i got a bow!".

Why must partyhats cost so much? If everyone could get one it would be better then some people going around "Oh I am special, I got a phat!".

I didn't mean exactly that. So i will rephrase what i meant. That Hexhunter is rare should not affect the price, because it is not like a Phat or Torva. It's a item you use in Dungeoneering. At end of day it has no value for outside Dungeoneering. And so it should be buyable for relatively low price of tokens. Again 2M Tokens is absurd because again, if you Dung only to obtain items like Chaotic, it would not be worth it. And things could just remain the same.

And yes Hexhunter is very hard to get and so on. But why not make it buyable for 200K-400K tokens, and that it being dropped by Soulgazer a bonus? And you could make it so that it requires 99 Slayer to use.

Things are rare because there are different tiers of players out there and there needs to be content for everyone. At the same time that it wouldn't make sense for a store to sell nex equipment 10m per piece, while dropped by nex, 200k tokens for such an exclusive item doesn't make any sense, particularly as you need 100 dg before you can realistically get one. 2m tokens would actually mean that you have to make a sacrifice to get one, and with something like 1/50m dg xp droprate, wouldn't in any way be too much to ask. You obviously have a different sense for tokens being a low level dungeoneer, too. A 80-90 dg clan doesn't exist because the members would get 100+ dg too fast and quit dungeoneering, thus with a chaotic playerbase(excuse the pun :shades: ), the clan wouldn't be able to survive. This is even the case for 3bo where as alot of former greats have achieved 200m and the clan has got MUCH worse for it.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

And more people having Hex as third bind>Better dungs right?

Absolutely not. Having more than three hexes on a team is absurd. Two is ideal. Hexes are not necessities like surgeboxes are. DGS currently has eight hexhunters and our warped floors are negatively affected by it.

I'll be keeping my surge box then, no hex for me :thumbup:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Must've missed the correlation of today's updates with buying Dungeoneering Slayer items for binds... Unless this came from the HHB/ring fix.

However, at that, they are drops from Slayer monsters. Why not let Slayer level be incorporated into the price?

Or there are other ways to go about this. Perhaps one could buy the ability for Slayer monsters to spawn much more often, or for a higher rate of whatever important drop from that particular monster.

I don't care much about HHBs but I do wish SSHs were easier to get. At the moment the rate for them seems far more 'skewed' than any other Slayer-specific drops...

(Just my 2 cents on the off-topic discussion at hand, lol...)

2dgucz6.png

jagex should have added the new trees everywhere instead of adding new rocks.

I understand that this is a huge task however, so I wont complain too much.

I would love to see an "expansion" where jagex goes through and makes the map look amazing. The whole map. When was the last time the tree gnome stronghold got updated? The launch of rs2?

new sounds are cool and the items kept on death are fine as well.

4e0Vn.png

So, no more bot killing? This is disappointing.

It's still possible to kill bots for their loot; I just got 1.4k raw lobsters off one today. The update only means that we won't get their coins or "low-value" items.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Speaking of Hexhunter bow and similar items, perhaps Jagex could make it so you could buy them from Rewards shop?
The point of rare drops is for them to be rare. No?
No soulgazers in 20M xp now, bad streak or wut.

Have to admit Toad, I lol'd.

I neglected to grab a pic, but after the cutscene where you find the true year and the ceremony is finished, I called my baby dragon back to me since it wasn't there, and it did something weird. It came back with the spirit fire that familiars get when they're summoned, and then it just started walking around on its own :unsure:

After I picked it back up and set it down it behaved normally again. The heck happened?

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

People are complaining about a part of the Holiday event being P2P. I personally don't care about a cosmetic reward, but it is another little check in the "Jagex is only about money now" column. Just my opinion.

I thought that the Easter event was strangely charming, but I thought the Evil Tree plug was a bit unnecessary. Holiday items should be untradable purely decorative things.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Hmmm I can't seem to find a topic on the easter event, so I'll put this here.

I liked Jack Frost's hair, so I did some photoshopping :-D

15i99wo.gif

Wish we could have his haircut :cry:

Your face is all blurry but you hair isn't, that makes it look so fake :???:

Hmmm I can't seem to find a topic on the easter event, so I'll put this here.

I liked Jack Frost's hair, so I did some photoshopping :-D

15i99wo.gif

Wish we could have his haircut :cry:

I've been wanting that color of hair for years, since I first saw the poison seller in Seers. Maybe one day.

TSGsignaturev2.png

"I think that if the devil doesn't exist, then man has created him. He has created him in his own image and likeness." ~Dostoyevsky

i cant help but feel i missed something...

you did, it was the part that included easter in the event. looks like jagex missed it too.

Equinox celebrations predate zombie jesus anyway, we got a small cameo from the easter bunny and personally I'm glad we didn't have to return to that **** factory again.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

i cant help but feel i missed something...

you did, it was the part that included easter in the event. looks like jagex missed it too.

Equinox celebrations predate zombie jesus anyway, we got a small cameo from the easter bunny and personally I'm glad we didn't have to return to that **** factory again.

Mhm, I think Jagex was wise to move on from that. Easter is fundamentally and originally a celebration of the passing of the year from the Winter to the Summer, the time when life appears in nature. The whole easter egg thing is symbolic of that. You can understand why the Christians adopted it.

It's neat how the Land of Snow is now part of a larger mythos, I hope to see more of that in the future.

~ W ~

sigzi.png