Warning to PSN users - Keep all PSN hacking discussion here

Demoli

I don't know much about this issue or even what VGHQ is but... can't anybody make that image?

Unless that's an Anonymous official outlet that image isn't really verifiable is it?

There is no official Anonymous outlet. There never should. It defeats the purpose of Anonymous.

Anyways, you pay for the extra security I guess.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figured as much, given the image was from what appeared to be a blog website with nothing that amounts to much more than hearsay.

The scary thing is, I told my friend who's registered his card details on PSN before and he seemed to shrug it off, as if to say, "Well what can they possibly do with my bank details anyway?"

...:unsure:

No, they aren't. That is an unrelated issue from a few weeks back.

Oh, my mistake. Shortly after I found an Anon post entitled "We Didn't Do It For Once".

TSGsignaturev2.png

"I think that if the devil doesn't exist, then man has created him. He has created him in his own image and likeness." ~Dostoyevsky

At least there's some kind of compensation

The company will also rollout the PlayStation Network and Qriocity “Welcome Back” program, to be offered worldwide, which will be tailored to specific markets to provide our consumers with a selection of service options and premium content as an expression of the company’s appreciation for their patience, support and continued loyalty.

Central components of the “Welcome Back” program will include:

• Each territory will be offering selected PlayStation entertainment content for free download. Specific details of this content will be announced in each region soon.
  • All existing PlayStation Network customers will be provided with 30 days free membership in the PlayStation Plus premium service. Current members of PlayStation Plus will receive 30 days free service.
  • Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity subscribers (in countries where the service is available) will receive 30 days free service.

Additional “Welcome Back” entertainment and service offerings will be rolled out over the coming weeks as the company returns the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services to the quality standard users have grown to enjoy and strive to exceed those exceptions.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/30/press-release-some-playstation-network-and-qriocity-services-to-be-available-this-week/

sigwg.png

Are you into DnB or Dubstep?

Be sure to check my SOUNDCLOUD and MIXCLOUD,

and like me on FACEBOOK to stay up to date!

Latest mix: Leuven Goes Out Deejay Contest Winning Set (Dubstep + DnB)

Sounds like clever business from the PoV of someone on the outside. Give the Network customers a free trial on Plus. Makes them happy again and also there'll be some who continue subscriptions after the free period is over.

Quite honestly, if my bank information was stolen, I'd expect quite a bit more than a month of free online stuff. I would want (if anything) atleast a permanent reduced cost of said "Playstation Plus" service, and maybe some free games. A month of free online vs bank account information being leaked doesn't even out very well...

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Out of curiousity, do those affected by this still have to resubmit their CC info in order to use the free trials offered?

Because if so, that's hilarious. I'd buy a disposable visa giftcard just to take advantage of it, because hell, it's free. But I would never entrust them with personal information again unless they provide sufficient proof that they're not just screwing around with sensitive information and storing them in freaking PLAIN TEXT.

hzvjpwS.gif

Out of curiousity, do those affected by this still have to resubmit their CC info in order to use the free trials offered?

Because if so, that's hilarious. I'd buy a disposable visa giftcard just to take advantage of it, because hell, it's free. But I would never entrust them with personal information again unless they provide sufficient proof that they're not just screwing around with sensitive information and storing them in freaking PLAIN TEXT.

Passwords were hashed and CC info was encrypted, the plaintext rumour is just FUD.

k9999-crazyarm.gif

Oh I haven't read anything about that. Since everything's so vague, even now, can you point me to where that information is? It'd probably make a good read. XD

Sorry for the mistake.

hzvjpwS.gif

Will we ever get PSN back at this rate?

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Oh my... :mellow:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

So...It doesn't really matter for users who don't play Online Gaming right?

Pretty much. However Brink is coming out next week and I would like to play some multiplayer if at all possible. We will see what happens.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

No PSN and no Online makes Krampell go something something...

Yeah, Brink in 8 days (europe ftl ;_;).

Hopefully it will be back at the end of this week. (They promised it. (But then again, Sony said it would be back after a day or two after it first was down.)).

I miss updating my trophies ;_;