Stolen Account?

Zibl

If this is the wrong place for this, I apologize. It's been years since I've dealt with anything Runescape related on these forums, but this looked like it was the best place to put it :unsure: .

It's been years since I've logged on to Runescape (just click my signature if you don't believe me <_< ), but I was bored earlier and suddenly decided I would see what it's like these days. But I ran in to a little problem... I couldn't log in. My password kept popping up incorrect. I figured that somehow, even though I hadn't played in years, someone managed to get my account information SOME HOW. I did the account recovery process and noticed that my recovery questions weren't the same as they used to be. In fact, as far back as I can remember, my account has always had the same recovery questions since the first day I set them up. I answered them like they used to be for the hell of it but ironically, it seemed to work:

emailvj.png

So I tried logging in, but it kept giving me an odd message. I'm not sure exactly what the message means, but it looks like there's someone actually signed in to my account this very second :blink: :

loginscreenh.png

Am I correct in my assumption that someone is literally signed in to my old account? If so, what do you suggest I do about it? I tried logging in specifically to the website, but it keeps telling I have an invalid password even though I obviously don't. There are also no words showing up in that little reCaptcha thingy, so I assumed that might be why it isn't letting me log in. Only problem is that I have no clue how to get words to show up in that stupid reCaptcha box (I've tried reloading the page).

Any help guys?

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

You can try posting here: [qfc]250-251-970-62640999[/qfc]

You need another account, however.

Thanks. By the way everyone, someone did somehow get my account. I just recently signed in to it. Half of my friends list is still there, but the other half was deleted. There are also new people added I've never known before. Not only that, but I had a Green Halloween Mask & roughly 3 million gp on my account the last time I logged in way back in 2007... it's gone. But whoever has been using my account has been collecting big bones & limpwurt roots, because I have about 5,000 big bones and 2,300 limp roots banked :blink: . And they've got members...

I still can't log on to the actual website (more specifically, account management) so I'm stuck :wall: .

I can understand why people would hack an account and take the items, but why would someone use that account lol.

If it hasn't been used by the original owner for a while, it may have been sold to goldfarmers to use perhaps. Judging by what it was doing, it could've been macroing.

j0xPu5R.png

ye someone is probably botting on your account, but they'll have to log out eventually and if u change the password and reset your recovery questions, u should have full access soon

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

I've heard that answering your recovery questions will kick off whomever's that on your account. That was years ago, though, so things could have changed.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Thanks guys. Good suggestions across the board. For whatever reason, I'm finally able to log in Account Management now; my recovery questions have been changed and my current e-mail address has been registered. I think you guys are right about the whole "Macro Farming" assumption:

bankjl.png

Unfortunately, whoever hacked my account has gotten rid of/sold the Green Halloween Mask that I had from back in 2007 [anybody tell me their value these days? I bought it way back then for 18.3 million]. I also had around 3,000,000 gp that they've dwindled down to just under 200,000 gp. Whoever had the account added the Abyssal Whip, Varrock Teleport slabs, 5700 big bones, and 2700 limp roots. Are the roots and big bones even worth anything :huh: ?

yes the roots and big bones should be worth some money, cant imagine it would be too much

use the price checker

goto equipment screen and click on the money bag button

i dont think they had price checker back in 07.

Durmstrang.png

Go Chicago Bears!

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment

Would you capture it or just let it slip?"

yes the roots and big bones should be worth some money, cant imagine it would be too much

use the price checker

goto equipment screen and click on the money bag button

i dont think they had price checker back in 07.

They didn't... that I remember. I just checked through the money bag suggestion you mentioned, and limp roots are worth 793 gp and big bones are 477 gp each. So all in all, both stacks of items would get me about 4,876,000 gp. Not bad money if I ever decided to come back and play which isn't gonna happen :P . Guess they'll just sit there.

Green Mask street price is around 85M. Sorry.

Wow, I figured they would be worth more than this to be honest. Oh well, guess somebody got lucky!

Bones + limps + whip = 6.4m, so you should be on :)

Haha, well that's all well and good, but I doubt that'll happen. What I'm thinking of doing is selling it all off & then giving random lower leveled people like 250k each. It'd probably help out a lot of people :thumbsup: .

Damn, that sucks. :(

I wonder how they got past your PIN? Edit: seeing that you haven't logged in for years, the hackers probably let the PIN expire.

If it makes you feel any better, I lost 50 Santas hats and 30+ masks when I got hacked for the first time (back in April 2003).

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Damn, that sucks. :(

I wonder how they got past your PIN? Edit: seeing that you haven't logged in for years, the hackers probably let the PIN expire.

If it makes you feel any better, I lost 50 Santas hats and 30+ masks when I got hacked for the first time (back in April 2003).

*points to sig*

Yeah, I'm familiar with getting screwed like this #-o . You know what's crazy? I've been trying to find good candidates for free 250k giveaways at Lumby, and I seriously can not find anyone. Level 60s are running around in iron/steel, and level 20s are running around in mithril. I've been looking for almost 30 minutes now!

Philanthropism isn't as easy as it sounds. Someone should totally set up a charity.

Personally? I suggest you hold a drop party, having bought a variety of useful items that vary in worth.

I'm not an efficienado.

Philanthropism isn't as easy as it sounds. Someone should totally set up a charity.

Personally? I suggest you hold a drop party, having bought a variety of useful items that vary in worth.

A charity for what?

PM me for fitocracy invite

I have no clue what to buy. I see your point, though, and this is not a bad idea. The problem I have with drop parties is not everyone gets something. On top of that, there could be a handful of people that don't even deserve to get anything or that don't even really need it. I'd like to find a few "Charlie Bucket" type people and spread the wealth :) [for those who don't get that reference, it's the dirt poor kid from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory]

Like me? I recently lost fury and acp... huge letdown aka. Maplestory has much better customer support.

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody