Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

champion

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha...

Modern Warfare 3 URL Redirects to Battlefield 3 Site

But EA is apparently not to blame.

EA has made it all too clear that it wants to slit the throat of the Call of Duty franchise, as it readies its impressive looking Battlefield 3 to go head to head with Modern Warfare 3 later this year. But today the publisher resorted to some dirty tactics, or so it seemed at first.

Gaming news sites and Twitter feeds lit up over the past 24 hours when it was discovered that the URL www.modernwarfare3.com was automatically redirecting to www.battlefield.com/battlefield3, EA's official site for its upcoming shooter.

It was assumed by most that the forwarding URL had been set up by EA itself, as part of a cheap campaign to lure away unsuspecting Call of Duty fans, but website Net Media Now did some digging and discovered that the www.modernwarfare3.com site had previously been set up as some kind of "fishy beta sign up scheme" with no apparent ties to EA. Thanks to Google cache, an earlier version of the site was found complete with a video attacking one of the official Modern Warfare 3 trailers, and this caustic fine print:

"Modern Warfare is crap. On November 8, 2011, the most over-hyped first-person action series of all-time returns with the copy and paste sequel to the lackluster Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Check out the E3 2011 gameplay demo featuring the Black Tuesday level for a look at the epic fail of the campaign. Pre-Order Call of Duty MW3 Today for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC to secure exclusive bonuses only available online for Modern Warfare 3 fanboys who don't know that Battlefield 3 is the better game."

Hardly the sort of messaging that EA would employ despite the apparent fierceness of the competition between the two publishers, and given the potential legal ramifications at stake it's likely just the work of a troublemaking fan.

Ultimately the most baffling part of the whole affair is this: games publishers typically register every possible domain name variation for each of their big game releases, so why on earth does Activision not own the www.modernwarfare3.com domain already?

Ign.com

The link still re-directs there too. Epic.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Especially not with El Shaddai coming out in a few months :thumbsup:

Lmao wtf?

El Shaddai. You know, the video game.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Hahaha...

Modern Warfare 3 URL Redirects to Battlefield 3 Site

But EA is apparently not to blame.

EA has made it all too clear that it wants to slit the throat of the Call of Duty franchise, as it readies its impressive looking Battlefield 3 to go head to head with Modern Warfare 3 later this year. But today the publisher resorted to some dirty tactics, or so it seemed at first.

Gaming news sites and Twitter feeds lit up over the past 24 hours when it was discovered that the URL www.modernwarfare3.com was automatically redirecting to www.battlefield.com/battlefield3, EA's official site for its upcoming shooter.

It was assumed by most that the forwarding URL had been set up by EA itself, as part of a cheap campaign to lure away unsuspecting Call of Duty fans, but website Net Media Now did some digging and discovered that the www.modernwarfare3.com site had previously been set up as some kind of "fishy beta sign up scheme" with no apparent ties to EA. Thanks to Google cache, an earlier version of the site was found complete with a video attacking one of the official Modern Warfare 3 trailers, and this caustic fine print:

"Modern Warfare is crap. On November 8, 2011, the most over-hyped first-person action series of all-time returns with the copy and paste sequel to the lackluster Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Check out the E3 2011 gameplay demo featuring the Black Tuesday level for a look at the epic fail of the campaign. Pre-Order Call of Duty MW3 Today for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC to secure exclusive bonuses only available online for Modern Warfare 3 fanboys who don't know that Battlefield 3 is the better game."

Hardly the sort of messaging that EA would employ despite the apparent fierceness of the competition between the two publishers, and given the potential legal ramifications at stake it's likely just the work of a troublemaking fan.

Ultimately the most baffling part of the whole affair is this: games publishers typically register every possible domain name variation for each of their big game releases, so why on earth does Activision not own the www.modernwarfare3.com domain already?

Ign.com

The link still re-directs there too. Epic.

All sorts of win.

Lawl epic win!1!1!1!!

4001_original_1306977556327.jpg

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Don't worry about it.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

• 4 weeks later...

If you look closely at the last scene, you see in the kill feed he was killed by an AC, not the mine.

That looks pretty sweet, probably not going to end up getting MW3 though considering my Live subscription ends right around when it comes out and I don't want to spend a [cabbage]load of money on Live and the game.

So it's down to this, BF3, and Skyrim. And I can only buy two.

Then it's between this and BF3, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to not buy Skyrim.

My thoughts exactly. So far I'm thinking that I'll buy this over BF3 if only because the apparent theme of MW games is that they are most fun for the first 4-5 months they're out and then slowly degrade in quality due to glitching and other [cabbage]. I can always ask for BF3 for Christmas anyway.

OR you could get BF3 and have fun ALL of the time...

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I have to admit this did look nice. Im still going to get BF3 and Skyrim, but if I can squeak out the cash for this I will get it.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

if i do end up getting this i wonder how they will do pro perks. black ops or mw2 style?

if its blops style i am not going to prestiege :\

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

I just noticed the model 1887's... that was my favorite gun from MW2 :unsure:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

1887s are fun to use. What's the problem about using them? Huh? Does using them hurt children in Africa? No. So there isn't a problem using them. :thumbup:

I find it really annoying how 1887's have lower range than the SPAS-12, even though it's the last shotgun unlocked. It's stupid. <_<

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Just reading through some info about it, realised something: Spec Ops Survival. SOS. Just throwing that out there. ;)

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber