Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

champion

[hide=We must go deeper]FPvEW.jpg[/hide]

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piƱata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

It's a shame that Canada is never mentioned in any of those. I mean we do have a rather large influence overseas working with US and UK forces. Also a rather large market for the game.

Ā 

/endminirant

Ā 

inb4lolcanada

j0xPu5R.png

why the hell is England in this...?

Ā 

Considering the SAS have played a rather large part in the last 2 it shouldn't be that much of a surprise.

Yeah, there are actually countries outside of America if you weren't aware.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Ā 

Considering the SAS have played a rather large part in the last 2 it shouldn't be that much of a surprise.

I just wasn't aware that they were important.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Yes they are extremely important. Going with the unrealistic invasion of the Eastern Seaboard, the Russians would need to have their supply and reinforcement line across Western Europe where NATO is still set up.

Ā 

Perhaps some people thought when (I think) Gaz said "In the eyes in the world, they're the (Russia) victims." USA's allies would annul their alliances with them. It isn't realistic for relationships to go down the drain over the 'supposed' death of 500 people.

Ā 

That said, does anyone know why Russia is depicted as the Soviet Union sometimes? Were the Ultranationalists just commies?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

That said, does anyone know why Russia is depicted as the Soviet Union sometimes? Were the Ultranationalists just commies?

I'm pretty sure they brought back the Soviet Union (though MW2 did a terrible job at explaining it), but there must have been some other motive. Comparing what they set up to the real historical Soviet Union, well... Gorbachev would not approve.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Yes they are extremely important. Going with the unrealistic invasion of the Eastern Seaboard, the Russians would need to have their supply and reinforcement line across Western Europe where NATO is still set up.

Ā 

Perhaps some people thought when (I think) Gaz said "In the eyes in the world, they're the (Russia) victims." USA's allies would annul their alliances with them. It isn't realistic for relationships to go down the drain over the 'supposed' death of 500 people.

Ā 

Remember the shooting at the Russian airport? You were playing as a CIA agent so I guess the rest of the world believed that it was a terrorist act made by the U.S. government. The U.S. was framed to look like the bad guys so support from NATO and other alliances would be kind of hard when the U.S. are the supposed aggressors.

Ā 

Unless of course I have this whole alliance thing messed up. I'm under the impression that allies are only required to help during defense, not offense.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Considering all Special Forces are based off the SAS they're very important.

Ā 

Ā 

Considering all Special Forces are based off the SAS they're very important.

That has something to do with this game and their role in it?

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Cod 4 had an epic story line. It was fast paced, intense, and maintained a decent level of realism. MW2 ruined the flow of the story completely, and threw logic out the window.

Ā 

MW2 logic summary:

Standard training mission in Middle East -> Undercover operation in Russia -> Cool I get to kill civvies. This sure is edgy -> Suddenly everyone in a favela has advanced weaponry -> HOLY[bleep]RUSSIANINVASION ->Cool hostage mission that feels like cod4 -> HOLY[bleep]EMPLAUNCHEDBYONEROGUESOLDIER -> Suddenly in Georgia, apparently arriving by teleporter -> HOLY[bleep]SHEPARDSABADGUY & depression because ghost was a boss -> Suddenly in Afghanistan, this teleporter sure is cool -> Shepard is a high level commander, but feels the need to run through caves -> DOMESHOT [bleep]ES

Ā 

Ā 

Remember the shooting at the Russian airport? You were playing as a CIA agent so I guess the rest of the world believed that it was a terrorist act made by the U.S. government. The U.S. was framed to look like the bad guys so support from NATO and other alliances would be kind of hard when the U.S. are the supposed aggressors.

Ā 

Unless of course I have this whole alliance thing messed up. I'm under the impression that allies are only required to help during defense, not offense.

NATO is set up where any memeber is attacked the whole union helps out. Which makes no sense how Russia flew over Europe unopposed to supply the Eastern Seaboard invasion.

Ā 

And that's the thing; even if a CIA conducted a terrorist attack, that wouldn't destroy relationships with each other. USA has massive influence over them and decades of support so that a 'terrorist attack' which they probably conduct on a regular basis, won't affect NATO and its alliances.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Can mods please just delete and issue warnings/some bans at spammers? If we want to talk about this [cabbage] for hours, we can. Stop going ape[cabbage] over something that doesn't affect you.

siggy3s.jpg

It's just a game, stop thinking so hard.

I don't get this post. Discussing about the story of a book or movie is exactly the same. What's wrong with going in depth about the story of a videogame?

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Hey your opinion isn't mine!

You are a bad person for your opinion!

Lets all gang up on dizzle!

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piƱata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang