Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

champion

Why not?

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Why don't we just make a massive CoD thread instead of having three threads on the front page at a time?

I'm for this.

But that doesn't make these threads any less hilarious, though I think this one has run its course even for that.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Because some of us want to discuss the game. Some users might find it boring to talk about classes, discuss the plot of the game, or talk about how we got some 360 no-scope or something like that. Cool. The first couple pages of the thread were fine and resembled a decent discussion but then it turned into "lol cod sucks" then "U MAD BRO?!?!" then "oh jeez why do these cod threads get so out of hand" by the people that start the fighting in the first place.

People have their own opinions, I think it's best if you don't even bother to debate them in this thread because it never ends up well anyways.

Seconding Giordano's request for mods to issue warnings and then bans to posters who continually contribute nothing to the thread, purposefully try to start arguments, etc. Some people actually want to talk about the game without a few users acting like children going back and forth at each other about a videogame.

Why don't we just make a massive CoD thread instead of having three threads on the front page at a time?

I'm for this.

But that doesn't make these threads any less hilarious, though I think this one has run its course even for that.

I'm also for this, but there's no hope for a civil COD discussion with the same trolls lurking about.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Oh, please. You guys wanna defend the storyline of the MW games? [bleep] off.

Because it's a much more entertaining

That's subjective so that pretty much renders your entire post meaningless.

I guess most of your posts are rendered meaningless too.

In any case, I'll still buy it, but will probably only play the singleplayer while getting my multiplayer fix through the two Spec-ops-like gamemodes, with actual multiplayer being done through BF3.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Seconding istolethepie's entire post.

I'm not really looking forward to MW3. Already feel like I'm tired of COD... but I might give it a shot if they actually change some things up.

Battlefield 3, however... :D

wl7w9j.png

Wasn't having a single discussion thread for game the plan originally, so that that Index thing would be a lot simpler? Like w/the Halo, Mass Effect, Pokemon threads. Doesn't really matter, but whatever.

I'll probably acquire it for the Single-Player, because CoD campaigns have always been funny.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

It's just a game, stop thinking so hard.

I don't get this post. Discussing about the story of a book or movie is exactly the same. What's wrong with going in depth about the story of a videogame?

It's a CoD videogame, realism in the setting isn't exactly what they are going for here.

And again am I the only one who thinks that the CoD engine looks really outdated? I mean with BF3 around the corner its kind of sad to still see them running this ancient engine. (that, mind you, still is technically a modified quake 3 engine).

It's just a game, stop thinking so hard.

I don't get this post. Discussing about the story of a book or movie is exactly the same. What's wrong with going in depth about the story of a videogame?

It's a CoD videogame, realism in the setting isn't exactly what they are going for here.

Who said anything about realism?

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Seconding istolethepie's entire post.

I'm not really looking forward to MW3. Already feel like I'm tired of COD... but I might give it a shot if they actually change some things up.

Battlefield 3, however... :D

Don't worry, they'll change things, they've always changed things. But the game itself never changes.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

I just went through and deleted a good half page or so of spam like posts. If you can't add to the discussion at hand please don't post and ruin this topic for everyone else. Consider this a warning to those of you trying to derail this thread.

~Stevepole

tFtfA.jpg

Found some new leaked pics showing off the new customisation options. There sure is a lot of it, but at least the detail is actually very nice.

[hide=Spoiler]29ptabd.jpg[/hide]

2v8sgvs.png

I would so use that gun. :D

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Eh. I'll probably buy this, although I will get Battlefield 3 if it doesn't work out. Might also need a new card, my computer can barely run BFBC2 at 1280x1084 at med settings with no AA.

I'm for this.

I'm also for this, but there's no hope for a civil COD discussion with the same trolls lurking about.

How about if some old trolls return?

People are going to buy this game regardless of anything, just because of the Call of Duty brand. Every COD game that approaches release date is extremely over hyped because Treyarch/Infinity Ward throws out a few teasers and some leaks, then everyone gets to massive speculation and then people go crazy. That's practically the last 3 COD's in a nutshell.

GG.gif

BO was awful, but then again the WW2-esque things aren't really my favorite. MW was/is a fun game, MW2 was revolutionary and fun (even if there was some annoying stuff), so I will most probably be getting MW3. Were there any images in the trailers, like the perk icons in the MW2 trailer that anyone noticed?

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

People are going to buy this game regardless of anything, just because of the Call of Duty brand. Every COD game that approaches release date is extremely over hyped because Treyarch/Infinity Ward throws out a few teasers and some leaks, then everyone gets to massive speculation and then people go crazy. That's practically the last 3 COD's in a nutshell.

I'd agree with this although I'll probably buy MW3 anyway, if mainly just for the single player campaign.

I'd say the first MW (COD4) done more for the Call of Duty brand than any of the COD titles that came after, for me at least. COD4 was the peak for me.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I'd agree with this although I'll probably buy MW3 anyway, if mainly just for the single player campaign.

I'd say the first MW (COD4) done more for the Call of Duty brand than any of the COD titles that came after, for me at least. COD4 was the peak for me.

Yeah that's pretty much fact. :P

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

How is MW2 revolutionary? All it did was build on what CoD4 had established.

Pro perks, air support, titles, emblems, more attachments etc etc. It was a big undeniable step up in.. perhaps complexity is not the right word but I will roll with it.. from COD 4. If there is the same level of change in MW3, and dare I say it moves a little away from the COD franchise (if it was more realistic, or something) then that would be nice too.

It's clear that you aren't a fan of this game, however other people (hai) appear to enjoy the game. I could say the same things you're saying about something you like but I don't - people like different things.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

How is MW2 revolutionary? All it did was build on what CoD4 had established.

Pro perks, air support, titles, emblems, more attachments etc etc. It was a big undeniable step up in.. perhaps complexity is not the right word but I will roll with it.. from COD 4. If there is the same level of change in MW3, and dare I say it moves a little away from the COD franchise (if it was more realistic, or something) then that would be nice too.

It's clear that you aren't a fan of this game, however other people (hai) appear to enjoy the game. I could say the same things you're saying about something you like but I don't - people like different things.

Like I said, MW2 has done nothing new (maybe Spec Ops to a certain degree). There is nothing revolutionary about MW2, especially compared to CoD4. Everything you just listed are things that existed in CoD4 in some form. MW2 only had more content not new.

And I'm not saying this because I don't like MW2 ( stop liking things i hate derpderp), I'm saying it because you're downright wrong.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!