My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Maze

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT'STIMEFORADEATHBATTLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8er83h9Bbn8

Trivia: Transformers and My Little Pony toys are both made by Hasbro.

[hide=Spoilers]It should be common sense that Starscream sucks ass in every Transformers story ever.[/hide]

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Well Season 2 is underway (Next new episode will be Oct. 15th), and I have a few things to post.

One: Here's a really good retrospective and summary of the show from one of the tgwtg contributors. He also did a summary about the previous generations in another episode, and yeah I can get where the MLP stigma comes from now, but I think that it's a very good summation of what a lot of us have been saying so far.

Two: What's everyone think of season 2 so far?

[spoiler=Spoilers]

Mostly I'm talking about the second of the two part beginning; I didn't think the first part was that good but looking back it gave a good setup for the next part. I honestly found that it was one of the strangest ones to watch, there were parts that made me happier than almost any other episode in the series and parts that made me shake my head. My favorite parts were definitely the humor, Rarity's reaction to Tom, Pinkie Pie savoring a last bit of chaos chocolate, and of course John de Lancie doing what he does best were all amazing to watch. Probably my biggest problem with it was the pacing, especially for bringing back the ponies from their grey states: I really liked how Applejack explained why she started lying and betraying her element, and I wished they had done that for all/most of the others but instead we get almost no explanation for the other 4 and a prolonged action sequence for Rainbow Dash which I honestly didn't like that much. It all just seemed very rushed once Twilight figured out how to bring her friends back, and the Star Wars reference at the end was just out-of-place (At least for me). I'm curious as to whether we're gonna start seeing an overarching storyline this season or if it'll go back to episodic and character driven stories. What's everyone else's thoughts?

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Well Season 2 is underway (Next new episode will be Oct. 15th), and I have a few things to post.

One: Here's a really good retrospective and summary of the show from one of the tgwtg contributors. He also did a summary about the previous generations in another episode, and yeah I can get where the MLP stigma comes from now, but I think that it's a very good summation of what a lot of us have been saying so far.

[spoiler=Spoilers]

Mostly I'm talking about the second of the two part beginning; I didn't think the first part was that good but looking back it gave a good setup for the next part. I honestly found that it was one of the strangest ones to watch, there were parts that made me happier than almost any other episode in the series and parts that made me shake my head. My favorite parts were definitely the humor, Rarity's reaction to Tom, Pinkie Pie savoring a last bit of chaos chocolate, and of course John de Lancie doing what he does best were all amazing to watch. Probably my biggest problem with it was the pacing, especially for bringing back the ponies from their grey states: I really liked how Applejack explained why she started lying and betraying her element, and I wished they had done that for all/most of the others but instead we get almost no explanation for the other 4 and a prolonged action sequence for Rainbow Dash which I honestly didn't like that much. It all just seemed very rushed once Twilight figured out how to bring her friends back, and the Star Wars reference at the end was just out-of-place (At least for me). I'm curious as to whether we're gonna start seeing an overarching storyline this season or if it'll go back to episodic and character driven stories. What's everyone else's thoughts?

I agree. It was completely too fast. Especially the second episode. The Star Wars reference wasn't that out of place if you ask me. I hope they go back to the style they had last season, but an overarching storyline wouldn't be the worst thing. One thing I really don't like though are those BLATANT internet references... Aka chocolate rain. It was funny, but it makes it seem like they are trying too hard.

I'm also looking into getting some steampunk style goggles to wear next summer. I'll dye my hair rainbow colors too, and it will be completely intense.

[spoiler=Spoilers]

I agree. It was completely too fast. Especially the second episode. The Star Wars reference wasn't that out of place if you ask me. I hope they go back to the style they had last season, but an overarching storyline wouldn't be the worst thing. One thing I really don't like though are those BLATANT internet references... Aka chocolate rain. It was funny, but it makes it seem like they are trying too hard.

I'm also looking into getting some steampunk style goggles to wear next summer. I'll dye my hair rainbow colors too, and it will be completely intense.

I personally think that it was a great pair of episodes, though I do have to agree that they did move a bit too quickly through the restoring of the Mane 6 after Applejack, though it is reasonable as there really wasn't a way for them to increase the time spent on all the others without adding a 3rd episode which would not have worked due to the spacing of the action and a lack of material for it. The jokes and references were quite good in my opinion, though personally my favorite was the Mary Sue joke from the first episode of the pair.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

[spoiler=Spoilers]

I personally think that it was a great pair of episodes, though I do have to agree that they did move a bit too quickly through the restoring of the Mane 6 after Applejack, though it is reasonable as there really wasn't a way for them to increase the time spent on all the others without adding a 3rd episode which would not have worked due to the spacing of the action and a lack of material for it. The jokes and references were quite good in my opinion, though personally my favorite was the Mary Sue joke from the first episode of the pair.

I'm ok with jokes, but internet memes push it a little far.

(inb4over9000jokeinnextepisode)

I'm skeptical... To say the least.

I'm interested, and it might be able to answer some backstory questions but games and tv shows are two completely different ballparks. It makes me think that they're trying to jump on to the Pottermore bandwagon ie. franchise and exploration driven mmo's.

EDIT:

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-princess-trollestia-whatever-star-that-is.jpg

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages

I'm skeptical... To say the least.

I'm interested, and it might be able to answer some backstory questions but games and tv shows are two completely different ballparks. It makes me think that they're trying to jump on to the Pottermore bandwagon ie. franchise and exploration driven mmo's.

EDIT:

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-princess-trollestia-whatever-star-that-is.jpg

I am a bit confused how MLP Online has anything to do with Pottermore in terms of the direction of the Franchise, as literally Hasbro's only involvement in the game is not issuing a cease and desist order on the fans who are making it.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

I am a bit confused how MLP Online has anything to do with Pottermore in terms of the direction of the Franchise, as literally Hasbro's only involvement in the game is not issuing a cease and desist order on the fans who are making it.

That was my mistake then, I thought it was something Hasbro unveiled not a fan-made website :oops: .

I saw a few episodes of this show, it's not too special, it's cheesy, predictable and ponies... So why does this have more discussion than like, Breaking Bad?

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

I saw a few episodes of this show, it's not too special, it's cheesy, predictable and ponies... So why does this have more discussion than like, Breaking Bad?

Because Breaking Bad doesn't have that 'Look at me I'm watching a show made for 8 year old girls. Aren't I edgy?' feel to it. I'm not saying that's why everyone likes it, but I'd wager it's a good portion.

Because Breaking Bad doesn't have that 'Look at me I'm watching a show made for 8 year old girls. Aren't I edgy?' feel to it. I'm not saying that's why everyone likes it, but I'd wager it's a good portion.

That's part of it.

I like it because it reminds me of when cartoons actually were worth watching. Instead of all of the [cabbage] we see on tv today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNqsHbKgtwM

Developed for television by Tim Allen.

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

That's part of it.

I like it because it reminds me of when cartoons actually were worth watching. Instead of all of the [cabbage] we see on tv today.

You're viewing everything through rose-tinted glasses, as nearly everyone does with old cartoons. You enjoyed them as a kid, grew up, and can't enjoy the current. It's not that the old cartoons were necessarily better, you just remember them as being awesome.

That's part of it.

You're viewing everything through rose-tinted glasses, as nearly everyone does with old cartoons. You enjoyed them as a kid, grew up, and can't enjoy the current. It's not that the old cartoons were necessarily better, you just remember them as being awesome.

Not true. I had never watched Dexter's Lab or Cat Dog until recently. However, they are so much better than ANYTHING I have seen in the past year. They just have run out of ideas for cartoons.

That's part of it.

Not true. I had never watched Dexter's Lab or Cat Dog until recently. However, they are so much better than ANYTHING I have seen in the past year. They just have run out of ideas for cartoons.

Wait, you actually liked CatDog over Adventure Time or Regular Show? CatDog was annoying as hell.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

That's part of it.

Wait, you actually liked CatDog over Adventure Time or Regular Show? CatDog was annoying as hell.

I can't stand Adventure Time. I haven't seen the Regular Show, and Phineas and Ferb pisses me the hell off. It makes me want to cut myself.

Developed for television by Tim Allen.

I love YTP, but that was a waste of my time... It was just repeating words and making jibberish... If you want to see a real MLP YTP watch "My Little Porno: Friendship with Benefits" by cs188.....

KroboProductions/Dikekike mostly does sentence mixing along with some nice effects. But that's not his best MLP YTP. However I will take your offer and raise you this 25 minute masterpiece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSBaaeaqHiE

[hide]Ignore 4:26 - 4:31 and 8:18 - 9:00. If not then mods please kill this vid.[/hide]

Edited by Toki_Hakurei

That's part of it.

I can't stand Adventure Time. I haven't seen the Regular Show, and Phineas and Ferb pisses me the hell off. It makes me want to cut myself.

I am a fan of old nickelodeon/cartoon network as anybody else, but I have to say adventure time is probably the best cartoon in recent memory.

OT: I've not seen any season 2 episode apart from the first one, university and rel life is getting in the way of my previous schedule, oh well, i'll watch the entire season during xmas, how's it holding up?