My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Maze

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's some pretty cool youtube vids flowing around but this really stood out for me. It's fricken awesome.

That's really professional. If we lived in a better world, that would stand up in a nightclub, well done to the composer.

Also, on the subject of pictures, don't put any words on it if it stands up on its own. Like in poetry, it's best if you leave out what doesn't improve it, because the imagination is the best artist.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

There's some pretty cool youtube vids flowing around but this really stood out for me. It's fricken awesome.

That's really professional. If we lived in a better world, that would stand up in a nightclub, well done to the composer.

Also, on the subject of pictures, don't put any words on it if it stands up on its own. Like in poetry, it's best if you leave out what doesn't improve it, because the imagination is the best artist.

Honestly, I think the pictures and the words can go hand-in-hand. You're right the words don't add much to the picture, but the picture makes the word feel more powerful.

I should try that, now you think about it. The picture/word combo. Actually took the time to listen to it 2-3 times for kicks.

I personally hang around with people who don't really care what TV shows I like, so I don't think I've had the chance to have a conversation about it without forcing it. We're all dirty jokes, gaming and student humour instead of TV/film nerds.

Besides, they're on the Internet enough, they should all know about it and should have made their opinions on it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I personally hang around with people who don't really care what TV shows I like, so I don't think I've had the chance to have a conversation about it without forcing it. We're all dirty jokes, gaming and student humour instead of TV/film nerds.

Besides, they're on the Internet enough, they should all know about it and should have made their opinions on it.

Surprisingly, only 2-3 of my friends on FB knew of the ponies. The rest are going "What the hell is this?".

Now they know.

Mind showing us this picture Armorare? Of course you don't have to, feel free to decline.

I feel like making some ponyart, the only trouble is what to draw. Might just try a normal picture of Rainbow Dash first.

Regarding words in pictures, if the picture has little substance to stand alone then go ahead with writing that does not take the attention away from the image itself.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

My camera kinda sucks, but I'll try. I hate how ponies are one of those "so simple it's hard" things since one mild screw up is EASILY noticable.

Once I finish and take a picture, I'll give to my nieces as a present since they like MLP (but don't grasp the entire meaning just yet).

Wait, were you referring my temptation to make ponyart or the pictures I posted on FB that inadvertently freaked people out and pissed some off? :XD:

Hehe, I was talking about the ponyart.

Now I'm in the mood to browse some art and read some fan comics.

rc1tzc.png

And I have drawn a pony!

unled1zew.png

Guess which one it is... Pony anatomy is quite hard.

I wish I had a drawing tablet and a good digital art program on my computer.

Could so make a joke cover of the Thor movie with Rainbow Dash + four ponies.

I did that with a mouse.

I can't think of anything to add to this post to make it more productive. Bye.

rc1tzc.png

Night Mare Mage. That should be your new name.

Oh, bought a sketchbook today and it's going to be themed to anything associated with ponies. Doing a Rainbow Dash vs Toothless in a race where Dash is taunting Toothless about him not having a voice to speak.

So, anyone watched the new episode? Curious on your thoughts.

From the article:

"share trivia about the characters and play show-and-tell with the various plastic Pony toys they had brought along"

They are sad, strange little men and they have my pity.

No stranger than these people:

raider%20fan.JPG

Also, it's kinda weird that there was more discussion about the show before the second season started than when it's actually going on, what are people's opinions on the new episodes as a whole?

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

From the article:

"share trivia about the characters and play show-and-tell with the various plastic Pony toys they had brought along"

They are sad, strange little men and they have my pity.

No stranger than these people:

raider%20fan.JPG

Also, it's kinda weird that there was more discussion about the show before the second season started than when it's actually going on, what are people's opinions on the new episodes as a whole?

I've just got into the series less than 2-3 weeks ago. From what I am noticing, it looks like the Cutie Mark Crusaders are getting their own episodes so far (last week's being Sweetie Bell's and Apple Bloom's). Honestly, I like how things are going so far.

Haven't checked EQD in some time though.

Well, I personally dont discuss the show here much as being a runescape fansite its naturally not a very popular place to discuss MLP, so I personally go to other more dedicated sites if I really have something important to contribute to a discussion about the show, but really I dont discuss the show beyond figuring out how to properly take advantage of the setting for the purpose of playing RPGs. (and no I cannot link you to it at this time, as the Game logs are still being processed by the GM)

Really the Second season is great so far with most of the Episodes being of excelent quality, including what I would consider my favorite episode Luna Eclipsed.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

The second season was... Mildly disappointing in my opinion. The horrible episode Lesson Zero really turned me off to the new writers and their over all plot writing (yes, I watched it for the plot). They kept shoving the trio of headaches and pissin' me off down my throat which was really disappointing. Then they go off to breaking the fourth wall left and right. Atrocious. All of this followed by the remake of the intro (it sucks ass) and the upcoming Rainbow Dash episode.

Really? I liked the second season, more so than the first one. They focused far too much on the six friends in the first season so I like this focus on the other characters.

Yeah I don't post on this thread much, there's only a small group of lovers here.

rc1tzc.png