My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Maze

That's a nice post Kamykazy :D

I read some fanfiction I didn't dislike. It was based on a comment Lauren Faust made about Rainbow Dash, saying she wouldn't be a good sibling. Made me feel for RD!

Anyway, I dislike this pushing back of the episodes.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea why they're getting pushed back and stuff, though?

To make the series last longer? I personally do not mind waiting a week or two as long as they use that time to make the episode better.

Did anyone else think that this morning's episode was phenomenal? I love Rarity even more now.

Well, The main reason they are taking delays between episodes is that the Episodes are still in production and you cannot really go about showing episodes that are not finished (there is a gap between finishing production and saying its actually going to show on X date, which you cannot really speed up)

Yeah this morning's episode was great (Not quite as great as Luna Eclipsed, but then nothing can compare with anything that has Luna in it). Was fairly interesting how for the majority of the episode it made me hate Rarity more and more, until the end when it finally made me like Rarity even more.

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Omg I found the mini moulded figurines in Tesco today just on the end of an isle for £2! I would have got fluttershy if she was there but I settled on just twilight. Almost got rd too but I didn't like the fig quite as much. I didn't even see them, my bf pointed them out and I went mental :D I shouldn't be that shocked though since I've seen Tesco stocking evil pink celestia and some of the sparkly type ponies.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

5kk0hh.jpg

I have been trying to get the Rarity one for about a month now, but every time I go to the store, they don't have her... Also, the way they packaged them completely [bleep]ed with Fluttershy's hair. It pisses me off. I tried fixing it for like an hour, but nothing would help...

Those figurines sit in the pony version of the uncanny valley to me. They're close proportionally, but not quite right, which makes looking at them jarring. I'm more of a "cushion with a cutie mark embroidered on it" than a "Luna figurine" person, but I'd be tempted if I see a figurine sold nearby that looks like the custom ones I've seen up on Equestria Daily and the like.

Hasbro could do much better in using this community's potential as a cash-flow, although I suspect it's because they weren't equipped to deal with it when it happened. I hear that the Financial Times has a short but fair article about MLP on the front page, complete with a picture of RD. That's a pretty good indication that this is an unexpected phenomenon that businesses need to pay attention to and learn from.

These are the lessons that I can see:

1. Not enforcing copyrights (e.g. not taking down videos from YouTube) can work as a product model when you're searching for exposure.

2. Demographic targeting isn't an exact science, and sometimes the right mixture will give completely unexpected results. Don't assume what you put in will be exactly what you get out, and makes these checks after you release a product. "We're aware of it, but we don't understand it" is a stance you should try to avoid for long periods of time. Do your utmost to understand it.

3. In the era of the Internet, if your resultant demographic correlates to Internet users, especially late-teens to early-30 males, word of mouth really is an effective advertising tool. People can mentally resist adverts or otherwise avoid them, but they can't avoid it when it's the thing they're talking about.

4. There are parts of the internet that's useful to businesses that aren't social media.

5. If your target demographic isn't what you expected, consider adjusting your strategy for related products. In this example, fans are more willing to pay for expensive but high-quality figurines instead of children's toys. They're also probably looking for adult T-shirts, posters and high-quality memorabilia, not just pencil cases and children's backpacks.

6. Conversely, make sure you know where not to interfere in your products. In this example, the producers know that practically ignoring the fandom in the show itself is a good idea.

EDIT: And I. too, wasn't aware that you could burn juice.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I will admit, the figurines suck. However, there isn't really any other way for me to reward Hasbro for their hard work besides giving them a little bit of my money. If they made stuffed toys (plushies) I would buy the hell out of those (if they didn't suck too bad).

Was browsing Deviantart for a bit earlier and found this interesting pony piece by an artist, who themed it with zombies. I feel the need to make an account and put on my list of favorites since it looks awesome as hell.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=11&offset=216#/d4f6kkh

Thinking of seeing how well I could pull off pony art. It looks simple, but minor errors are A LOT more noticable on simple cartoon characters than complex ones. I've technically done one before, but it was a Sleepy Hollow-themed one, which sucked.

Oddly, my family knows I watch MLP now but doesn't seem to be bothered or have a care. :P

5kk0hh.jpg

I have been trying to get the Rarity one for about a month now, but every time I go to the store, they don't have her... Also, the way they packaged them completely [bleep]ed with Fluttershy's hair. It pisses me off. I tried fixing it for like an hour, but nothing would help...

Did you try the Mane Styling guide, as it could help you fix Fluttershy's hair(and make it look more accurate while you are at it)? Bad Mane Days by Scaramouche-Fandango on deviantART

Personally I am far more of a fan of the molded toys then the brushables. And i guess I may as well post a picture of the upper half of my desk which has almost all of the MLP merchandise I have purchased on it (have a fashion styling Rarity or something like that sitting in my closet at home I never opened because I got it free), sorry about the horrid web cam quality of it

Desk.png

There are tons of amazing pictures that people have made of MLP out there, which is why I have a... 15GB ...Folder of just MLP images that I have downloaded sitting on my external harddrive.

I'm jelly of that poster. My dad wouldn't let me take my Rainbow Dash poster to school with me, but manned the [bleep] up and had a poster printed last weekend that is in my room.

This is my poster.... I hate it so much, but I love it at the same time.

66712+-+Graveyard+artist+scootaloo+filly+grave+jacket+rainbow_dash+sad+scootaloo+winter.png

Yeah, my parent's didn't have any objections with me taking it after reminding them about my roommate from last year complaining about me having no decorations whatsoever (the entire setup for the poster only cost $30 including buying the poster from someone and having it shipped from Comic Con so its not like it was crazy expensive). Really people only really cared about my MLP decorations for about 3 days after I moved in, and since then no one has commented on it at all.

My room mate's parents are really parents are really weird about this kind of stuff. I hide my pony things whenever I know that they are coming. My parents don't care, but my dad says its best not to have a "girly" poster in my dorm. So I picked a less "girly" one instead.

This talk about posters makes me want to get MLP memorabilia.

Although, trying to keep my MLP liking mild as possible so the other members of my family don't get interested in it and screw up my enjoyment experience like they did the hundreds of other shows I liked. It's a bit amusing when I am openly talking about it on Facebook and my friend keeps forgetting what the acronym of MLP stands for. :lol:

I guess I am slowly trying to pull in potential bronies. :P

Oh noes, i've watched the first episode. Day will never come again! (I guess i'm pretty backwards compared to the long-term fans of the show :P). I'll keep my opinions on it to myself until i watch a few more (whenever that will be). What i will say is that i am very surprised that full episodes are available on youtube. I thought i would have to torrent them or something a tiny bit more elaborate.

And also: why are there only girl ponies! it's not fair :(

Final1.jpg

Oh noes, i've watched the first episode. Day will never come again! (I guess i'm pretty backwards compared to the long-term fans of the show :P). I'll keep my opinions on it to myself until i watch a few more (whenever that will be). What i will say is that i am very surprised that full episodes are available on youtube. I thought i would have to torrent them or something a tiny bit more elaborate.

And also: why are there only girl ponies! it's not fair :(

There are male ponies... Just not prominent ones. It is a girls' show after all.

Someone get him the episodes where Doctor Whooves briefly appears ;)

Been meaning to ask which episodes he makes those appearances myself. :lol:

1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23.

Most of these episodes he only appears for maybe like 2 seconds.

There's some pretty cool youtube vids flowing around but this really stood out for me. It's fricken awesome.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

There's some pretty cool youtube vids flowing around but this really stood out for me. It's fricken awesome.

I'd be lying if I said that wasn't the most catchiest thing I listened to. It was awesome. :^_^:

I'd be lying if I said that wasn't the most catchiest thing I listened to. It was awesome. :^_^:

Not actually a fan. Then again, At The Gala was my least favorite song too...

On another note... Does anyone have any MLP ringtones or text tones that they could send me? I've been using the "It needs to be about 20% cooler" text tone for almost 5 months now. <_<

I'm also willing to give out my MLP theme song ringtone as well as my 20% cooler text tone to anyone who wants it.

Until I have a job, I don't even have a phone for the time being, meaning no ponytones (made up on spot).

Drawing Rainbow Dash on a sketchbook. I am tempted to add a meme message to it, but I feel I could give it to my nieces if they like MLP.