• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinkie Pie?

That's not Twilight Sparkle at all.

profile_picture_by_twilightscaryplz-d4cwair.jpg

Just... no.

Haha, yeah I'll admit that wasn't my favorite episode, I just wanted an image to show how much Twilight Sparkle is my #1 pony :^_^:

On that episode though, I'm pretty sure we've now seen every one of the Mane Cast have a mental breakdown:

Applejack in Applebuck Season, Rarity in Suited for Success, Rainbow Dash in Sonic Rainboom, Pinkie Pie in Party of One, Fluttershy in Best Night Ever, and finally Twilight in Lesson Zero (And a little bit in Swarm of the Century).

Yeah, it seems to be a running theme in the show that there are always situations that can drive the ponies off the deep end and make them act fairly crazy. Personally I think they had Twilight be a bit too creepy while acting crazy in Lesson Zero, but then Twilight is the one common character up to this point in the show so it is to be somewhat expected.

--- And in character for the holiday weekend---

Ha! It seems like those foolish bearers of the Elements of Harmony have begun to start paying the price for Banishing me, and putting an end to my glorious eternal night. It is only a matter of time until they realise that they cannot hope to keep me banished forever and allow me to come and fix all the problems their foolish Princess Celestia cannot bring herself to resolve. Muhahahaha!

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Lol @ our Facebook group being featured in the local paper <_<

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_728711.html

I will laugh when it makes the main news in the US, especially the ones who hate on "bizarre" subcultures.

Don't want to subscribe to read more of that article. Must've been bashing or something from the emote you used.

Not bashing, just rather plain in fact.

Good thing I didn't go for that one meetup, might have ended up in the papers.

By the way, that's the main state-run paper here. L.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

After watching enough MLP episodes, I think I can decide which ponies I like the best.

Favorites are Rainbow Dash (for her blunt rudeness) and Twilight Sparkle (I love bookworms).

No surprise, I loathe Rarity despite feeling sorry for her in Suited For Success.

After watching enough MLP episodes, I think I can decide which ponies I like the best.

Favorites are Rainbow Dash (for her blunt rudeness) and Twilight Sparkle (I love bookworms).

No surprise, I loathe Rarity despite feeling sorry for her in Suited For Success.

RaritySad-(n1310271671205).png

What? Y U NO like Rarity?

Rarity is second best pony... The alarm I get up to in the morning is either the MLP theme song (season 1 song, season 2 song blows) or Rarity's utter [bleep]ing in episode 19... Nothing better to wake you up than Rarity whining her ass off...

Rarity is second best pony... The alarm I get up to in the morning is either the MLP theme song (season 1 song, season 2 song blows) or Rarity's utter [bleep]ing in episode 19... Nothing better to wake you up than Rarity whining her ass off...

She's alright, but her perfectionist attitude is what gets me.

To be honest, I get the feeling each pony is representing a stereotypical teenage female personality in a way.

I haven't watched enough pony yet, so it might change. Dash and Twilight are still topping my list for awhile (since I can relate to Dash with personality issues). :^_^:

To be honest, I get the feeling each pony is representing a stereotypical teenage female personality in a way.

I haven't watched enough pony yet, so it might change. Dash and Twilight are still topping my list for awhile (since I can relate to Dash with personality issues). :^_^:

I absolutely HATED Rarity until episode 19. Then episode 9 and 19 became 2 of my top 5 episodes of all time. Just give Rarity a chance.

I absolutely HATED Rarity until episode 19. Then episode 9 and 19 became 2 of my top 5 episodes of all time. Just give Rarity a chance.

Okay, I will.

For bronies' sake.

I have to say, even after 21 pages I still don't understand how grown men can like this show... Am I different or something for not liking the show?

I have to say, even after 21 pages I still don't understand how grown men can like this show... Am I different or something for not liking the show?

You have to watch a few episodes to get it. Was skeptical also, but after trying out a random episode on Hub (Luna Eclipsed), I just didn't stop.

Crisp animation, has some meaning to it, and not many cartoons are good quality nowadays.

You have to adjust your cultural lens a bit to enjoy the show in full though.

I've come to disliking Rarity less now, I find her overreacting amusing. You can't expect all the ponies to be the perfect, Rarity has some bad points but they're just more apparant.

I wished they'd release some behind the scenes videos. :(

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

As much as I like Rainbow, Rarity is a much better character in general. Even though Rarity seems to be a drama queen, she is a very hard worker and sticks to the Element Generosity. Think about it. Rainbow Dash represents loyalty, but has she ever really been a good representation of loyalty? Not as far as I'm concerned. Still, Rainbow is best pony because she is a complete [wagon] like me.

Most people either love Rarity or absolutely hate her. That's just the way it works. However, I'm sure we can all agree that Pinkie Pie needs some Addreol. Amirite?

Rainbow seems to only show her loyalty when her friends are actually in a bad situation, like how she was tossed aside her desire to win in order to save Rarity in Sonic Rainboom. You're right about Rarity represents her element well, but I think it is why she overworks herself sometimes.

Was watching Sonic Rainboom and laughed at the Icarus myth reference Rarity makes. :lol:

Nothing wrong with you, move along :P

Rarity was completely missing in Luna Eclipsed, though, which felt kind of odd. I don't think there's been another episode where any of the Mane 6 doesn't show up.

6Ij0n.jpg

Nothing wrong with you, move along :P

Rarity was completely missing in Luna Eclipsed, though, which felt kind of odd. I don't think there's been another episode where any of the Mane 6 doesn't show up.

I don't recall seeing Rainbow Dash in "Look Before You Sleep" or "Owl is Well that Ends Well." Then again, it has been about two weeks since I watched those episodes. Maybe she appears for like 5 seconds in the background or something.

I have never watched the show but i enjoy reading this thread - it is especially amusing when someone reaffirms their skepticism to grown-up folks liking the show. It's quite funny, although it tended to be more amusing in the first few pages of the thread when critics were more abundant and criticism was more elaborate and funny :D

I also enjoy reading others talk about ponies and the episodes they liked :P

Final1.jpg

A completely neutral sounding post ! We don't get those often here at all :P Thanks for that.

I suppose it's just treated like any other hobby, even though it doesn't mach up with the current social expectations. And of course, it draws flak like nothing else. They recently ran an article about it on a local newspaper, and a vote online had 62% of the voters calling the trend "So sad" (until we bombed the poll to generate 90%+ positive responses xD).

I wouldn't blame you either if you thought it was odd, but I've definitely seen stranger things in my lifetime, haha.

6Ij0n.jpg

Well, in terms of the Main 6 characters showing up, only Twilight Sparkle has been in every single episode so far. A helpful set of tables for discussions like these: Friendship is Magic Wiki - Character Apperances table

For those not wanting to read the table, here is a summary for the Main 6:

Twilight Sparkle: Been in every episode released up to this point

Applejack: Was not in Stare Master

Rarity: Not in Call of the Cutie, Feeling Pinkie Keen, and Luna Eclipsed.

Fluttershy: Not in Look Before You Sleep, Call of the Cutie, and Show stoppers.

Rainbow Dash: Not in Look Before You Sleep and Stare Master.

Pinkie Pie: Not in Look Before you sleep, Stare Master, and The Show Stoppers

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Found out last night that a neighbor who lives across from me was actually a brony. It's awesome because I never expected it. :D

Unsure what his favorite pony is. From the sounds of it, he might be an Applejack or Rainbow Dash fan.