My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Maze

Giant-ass quote chain

There have only been 2 episodes aired so far. The sequel to part 1 was phenomenal, so watch it during your Christmas break. It is rumored that episode 4 is going to be all about Luna. (squeee!)

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that this was pretty damn awful. I wouldn't know - I didn't make it past the first 30 seconds myself. :mellow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL_uR99FBPU&NR=1

I stopped at 25 seconds lol. My friends and I don't even sound that bad sining winter wrap-up... Then again, we sing at our job like.... 6+ times a day too.

Speaking of the msuic, At the Gala has really grown on me recently. I haven't got it down as well as Winter Wrap Up or Art of the Dress but I'm getting there.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I heard that this was pretty damn awful. I wouldn't know - I didn't make it past the first 30 seconds myself. :mellow:

I stopped at 25 seconds lol. My friends and I don't even sound that bad sining winter wrap-up... Then again, we sing at our job like.... 6+ times a day too.

Yeah, I only managed to make it a minute and a half, and that was largely because I think I have actually met a few of the people who are singing it in person before...

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

I think I have actually met a few of the people who are singing it in person before...

:lol:

Think I'm the only guy here who really can't stand the CMC.

Their anthem is probably the only song I can't bear.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I think I have actually met a few of the people who are singing it in person before...

I can't stand them either. Alone, they are fine, but together... God save us all.

And this is what every person that doesn't watch my little pony thinks you people are like.

Which pisses me off... I'm not a closet brony (quite the opposite), but I'm not a dumb ass either. (inb4 Nomrombom says otherwise)

Edit:

Also... I saw something yesterday that's made me feel like [cabbage]. I haven't eaten in over 36 hours after seeing this image because I can't seem to stomach anything.

66712+-+Graveyard+artist+scootaloo+filly+grave+jacket+rainbow_dash+sad+scootaloo+winter.png

It probably won't make any of you feel the same way, but this kind of stuff destroys me. This weekend I'm going home for fall break, and I'm going to go off for a few hours and try to get over this....

Edit 2: oh [bleep] me...I'm crying again.

And this is what every person that doesn't watch my little pony thinks you people are like.

Always the case of an annoying vocal minority :P Read the top comments on that, haha.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I can't stand them either. Alone, they are fine, but together... God save us all.

Honestly I don't mind them together that much, but yeah the first time I watched the first season and their theme came up I muted it until it was finished; I knew it was going to be terrible and awkward and I hate watching stuff like that for too long.

EDIT: Important read for fans and people wondering wtf we're thinking: Why grown-ass men love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages

After reading this thread, I feel half-tempted to watch an episode myself and see if the show lives up to the hype. I mean, it isn't the first time they slip things into childhood cartoons on purpose for the grown-ups to enjoy.

After reading this thread, I feel half-tempted to watch an episode myself and see if the show lives up to the hype. I mean, it isn't the first time they slip things into childhood cartoons on purpose for the grown-ups to enjoy.

Just watch it with an open mind. The first episode of season 1 is probably the most cheesy and girly of all of them. So if you really want to see what it is like, I would suggest that you watch the first 3 or 4 episodes before passing judgment.

After seeing today's episode, I started to question the direction of the show. The episode was downright awful, and it just seemed like they were trying too hard. They are trying to. Please the brony community instead of their original targeted audience. If they make many more episodes like this one, I will quit watching. I am disappoint to say the least.

After seeing today's episode, I started to question the direction of the show. The episode was downright awful, and it just seemed like they were trying too hard. They are trying to. Please the brony community instead of their original targeted audience. If they make many more episodes like this one, I will quit watching. I am disappoint to say the least.

Really? I thought it was really entertaining.

That said, they can't get away with putting character-driven stuff as something that's suggested instead of the actual story again. We all knew Twi had problems, she had a miserable childhood, but I'd rather see why her childhood was so miserable, not "Twilight's out of her comfort zone and goes crazy". By the looks of it, every one of the *ahem* mane cast has now properly snapped at some point for various reasons. I'm going to wait for the Luna episode before passing judgement, because her backstory is a goldmine, and it's the writing team's proving grounds for this season. I'm fine with this episode being how it was, but they can't get away with it again.

Also, Celestia is scary when she's angry.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

That said, they can't get away with putting character-driven stuff as something that's suggested instead of the actual story again. We all knew Twi had problems, she had a miserable childhood, but I'd rather see why her childhood was so miserable, not "Twilight's out of her comfort zone and goes crazy". By the looks of it, every one of the *ahem* mane cast has now properly snapped at some point for various reasons. I'm going to wait for the Luna episode before passing judgement, because her backstory is a goldmine, and it's the writing team's proving grounds for this season. I'm fine with this episode being how it was, but they can't get away with it again.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I lol'd a lot today while watching the episode. I just wish they'd realize that the show isn't for us; it is for the little kids. Another thing they need to realize is that the fanbase should conform to them, not the other way around. Throwing in a hidden Easter egg is ok, but it was painstakingly obvious that they didn't even try hiding the eggs today.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I lol'd a lot today while watching the episode. I just wish they'd realize that the show isn't for us; it is for the little kids. Another thing they need to realize is that the fanbase should conform to them, not the other way around. Throwing in a hidden Easter egg is ok, but it was painstakingly obvious that they didn't even try hiding the eggs today.

Ah, I understand where you're coming from now and I agree. Again, I'll wait for the Luna episode, because one show doesn't make a trend.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I agree with you to a point vezon, the show should not be catering to the marginal audience so much (Though I did enjoy this week's episode). What I'm interested in is how this change is gonna affect the paradigm of the show: now Twilight doesn't have to be involved in each episode which gives more room for other character interactions, but at the same time that might break apart a cohesive center. Idk, it'll be interesting to see how the new style plays out.

I seriously hate this show

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I seriously hate this show

---- Make a post in the MLP:FiM topic about how bad the show sucks without even giving a reason why.

Would it be so out of line for me to ask why you even came to this thread if you hate ponies so much?

I've never watched the show but i can see why the majority of adults would hate it. If I hated Breaking Bad I would post in that thread and show my dislike as well so I don't see your point, multiple people have expressed their disdain with the show and touched on why they dislike it.

I've personally never heard or seen anyone talking about or watching this show in my area and I have multiple female cousins in the age group it's targeted at. Maybe it's because they're busy watching nickelodeon and such.

Low_C.png

But why would you go in just to say you dislike it? It can be justified a bit if you explain why, but just stating your negative opinion isn't really polite. I don't go around posting "i h8 ths" in all the threads I don't like.

Anyway as much as I honestly don't care for the show, I'm starting to like this Pony fad more and more. It's making people get angry for no reason as if the world finally doesn't revolve around them in their likes/dislikes.

Keep up it bronies.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

But why would you go in just to say you dislike it? It can be justified a bit if you explain why, but just stating your negative opinion isn't really polite. I don't go around posting "i h8 ths" in all the threads I don't like.

Anyway as much as I honestly don't care for the show, I'm starting to like this Pony fad more and more. It's making people get angry for no reason as if the world finally doesn't revolve around them in their likes/dislikes.

Keep up it bronies.

Thank you for saying what I forgot to say.

I have no problem if you say "I hate this show, and here is why."

One thing that I have noticed is a change in my attitude towards people. When I started into the community, I realized that maybe the world wasn't all about straight white people (me in this case). Since then, I have become more accepting of other types of people (especially gays) that I have always hated in the past. The whole "I'm going to love and tolerate the shit out of you" thing isn't just something we say; it really is the way we live, or at least the way I live. It is sort of the like Boy Scout Oath and Law. It is the basic principle that you should live by.