My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Maze

But why would you go in just to say you dislike it? It can be justified a bit if you explain why, but just stating your negative opinion isn't really polite. I don't go around posting "i h8 ths" in all the threads I don't like.

Anyway as much as I honestly don't care for the show, I'm starting to like this Pony fad more and more. It's making people get angry for no reason as if the world finally doesn't revolve around them in their likes/dislikes.

Keep up it bronies.

Thank you for saying what I forgot to say.

I have no problem if you say "I hate this show, and here is why."

One thing that I have noticed is a change in my attitude towards people. When I started into the community, I realized that maybe the world wasn't all about straight white people (me in this case). Since then, I have become more accepting of other types of people (especially gays) that I have always hated in the past. The whole "I'm going to love and tolerate the shit out of you" thing isn't just something we say; it really is the way we live, or at least the way I live. It is sort of the like Boy Scout Oath and Law. It is the basic principle that you should live by.

I expect parents to teach this rule, but if a colorful cartoon teaches you then better late than never I say.

Another thing I also hope this teaches people is that cartoons are not always for kids, getting us out of this Animation Ghetto as people have dubbed it. Hopefully giving incentives to present and future animators to make shows more for a general audience than the two extremes we have now: kid-humor and adult-humor.

But I'm rambling on right now.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of it is where I come from. I live in a predominately white protestant town, and I have always been taught that homosexuality is wrong. My parents are from the south, if that says anything as well. I still don't support homosexuality, but I've become more "accepting" of it.

Anyway as much as I honestly don't care for the show, I'm starting to like this Pony fad more and more. It's making people get angry for no reason as if the world finally doesn't revolve around them in their likes/dislikes.

Uhm... I'm feeling a bit dense at the moment, can you explain what this means to me?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Uhm... I'm feeling a bit dense at the moment, can you explain what this means to me?

I think what he meant to say was....

Anyway as much as I honestly don't care for the show,but I'm starting to like this Pony fad more and more.

From what I gather (sorry if I'm wrong) he is saying that it is nice to see some disagreement because no matter how much these people piss and moan, bronies don't feel offended. Instead, these people are being met with "love and tolerance."

(Once again, I'm sorry if that isn't what you meant. I don't want to put words in your mouth.)

I seriously hate this show

---- Make a post in the MLP:FiM topic about how bad the show sucks without even giving a reason why.

Would it be so out of line for me to ask why you even came to this thread if you hate ponies so much?

Because I hate the show that much.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I think what he meant to say was....

Anyway as much as I honestly don't care for the show,but I'm starting to like this Pony fad more and more.

From what I gather (sorry if I'm wrong) he is saying that it is nice to see some disagreement because no matter how much these people piss and moan, bronies don't feel offended. Instead, these people are being met with "love and tolerance."

(Once again, I'm sorry if that isn't what you meant. I don't want to put words in your mouth.)

Sort of. I'll admit I worded it pretty badly, but here goes:

A lot of people are very dense in thinking on strict guidelines such as "cartoons are for kids/MLP is for girls thus I and every male over the age of 14 shouldn't like this show". But men over the age of 14 DO like the show. Their opinion on what should and shouldn't be right has been challenged and they complain/moan/[bleep] about it but they can never change the world around them because bronies will like ponies and that's that. Period. Bronies are shoving the fact that what he thinks is right/correct isn't universal and he should, frankly, stop complaining/moaning about it.

Also I do like that bronies, at least those that follow "love and tolerate you", don't return a massive retribution when someone says "lol ponies sux".

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

My theory is each to their own when it comes to entertainment. you might like gore and murder films like my friend Daniel, or a total Anime nut like another friend. Personally I do like the show for the characters' personalities. That and I have a OCD with shows to keep watching until the end. If my friends hate it, fine, that's their opinion. If they dont like the fact I watch it:

c83rp.png

Popoto.~<3

I watch it because I love the character designs, the animation is gorgeous, and the creativity that comes out of the fandom is great. If you don't like it, sure, that's fine. My boyfriend tried the show and didn't like it. You don't *have* to like it - just don't hate those who do. Hate is too strong for feelings towards a cartoon.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

No Rarity that episode.

So who voice acted Luna? The credits didn't mention it at all.

And now, finally, finally, FINALLY, all the MLP fans I know can stop posting "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONA" all over their boards >_>

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I skimmed all 20 pages, was a good read.

Am not positive about watching an episode. I prefer the old generation's art style, this looks too much like powerpuff girls. Generic manga eyes etc. = not good.

I think they nailed it, or at least did the best job they could have in 22(?) minutes. Enough to get Luna's character shaped, but also leads loads of questions. I also noticed how little empathy Pinkie has, she shields herself in so much positivity and, well, Laughter, that she really has a hard time thinking about how others are reacting to her. What with Luna trying to get everypony to call her by her real name, and not be afraid of her, when Pinkie still pretends to be scared and screams "AAAAH! NIGHTMARE MOON!", you can tell it hurts Luna quite a lot. It's tragic, and I love it. More please!

Am not positive about watching an episode. I prefer the old generation's art style, this looks too much like powerpuff girls. Generic manga eyes etc. = not good.

Give it a try, there's really no harm in it. If you don't like it, then you don't have to watch any more. If you do, you've discovered what many people, including me, believe is a wonderful show. Honestly, eventually you don't conciously register the art style, much like it's very easy to unconsciously accept words like 'everypony' after you hear it enough.

EDIT: Oh, and I was also going to say that when Luna first used the royal 'we', I thought she was referring to her dual personality. Now, she's accepted that many people will still call her Nightmare Moon and now just rolls with it. That doesn't sound like a safe mental game to play in the long term, it's like if a bullied child who was called names started to accept that and played the role just to lessen the personal impact. It all depends on Luna's mental strength, and seeing how not being loved turned out last time...

Gosh, I could ramble about this for ages. I think I'll resist.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I think they nailed it, or at least did the best job they could have in 22(?) minutes. Enough to get Luna's character shaped, but also leads loads of questions. I also noticed how little empathy Pinkie has, she shields herself in so much positivity and, well, Laughter, that she really has a hard time thinking about how others are reacting to her. What with Luna trying to get everypony to call her by her real name, and not be afraid of her, when Pinkie still pretends to be scared and screams "AAAAH! NIGHTMARE MOON!", you can tell it hurts Luna quite a lot. It's tragic, and I love it. More please!

Give it a try, there's really no harm in it. If you don't like it, then you don't have to watch any more. If you do, you've discovered what many people, including me, believe is a wonderful show. Honestly, eventually you don't conciously register the art style, much like it's very easy to unconsciously accept words like 'everypony' after you hear it enough.

EDIT: Oh, and I was also going to say that when Luna first used the royal 'we', I thought she was referring to her dual personality. Now, she's accepted that many people will still call her Nightmare Moon and now just rolls with it. That doesn't sound like a safe mental game to play in the long term, it's like if a bullied child who was called names started to accept that and played the role just to lessen the personal impact. It all depends on Luna's mental strength, and seeing how not being loved turned out last time...

Woona fan are we?

Just watch the first 2 episodes of this. I can't believe I actually liked it. I just can't freakin believe it.

Might stop this, for now. I'll probably watch some more after I finish my exams next month. :shades:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Just watch the first 2 episodes of this. I can't believe I actually liked it. I just can't freakin believe it.

Might stop this, for now. I'll probably watch some more after I finish my exams next month. :shades:

Dude. The first two episodes of season 1 suck compared to the rest of the season. Am I too quick if I were to welcome you to the herd?

Woona fan are we?

A wittle. icon_redface.gif

EDIT: Ah, who am I kidding, Luna is best pony.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Woona fan are we?

A wittle. icon_redface.gif

EDIT: Ah, who am I kidding, Luna is best pony.

Well Pinkie Pie is Pinkie Pie, for all we know she was running a Trollestia level plot to teach Luna that everypony can love her even if she is somewhat scary, by manipulating the entire town.

I agree, Luna is now cemented in her position of being the best (Not-OC) Pony. (If only there was a way to meet Luna in person... May as well look through these old tomes of Eldrich sorceries while watching luna eclipsed a 4th time...)

Luna_pirate_signature.png

Thanks to DrCue at DeviantArt for the signature source

Pinkie Pie?

That's not Twilight Sparkle at all.

profile_picture_by_twilightscaryplz-d4cwair.jpg

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Pinkie Pie?

That's not Twilight Sparkle at all.

profile_picture_by_twilightscaryplz-d4cwair.jpg

Just... no.

Haha, yeah I'll admit that wasn't my favorite episode, I just wanted an image to show how much Twilight Sparkle is my #1 pony :^_^:

On that episode though, I'm pretty sure we've now seen every one of the Mane Cast have a mental breakdown:

Applejack in Applebuck Season, Rarity in Suited for Success, Rainbow Dash in Sonic Rainboom, Pinkie Pie in Party of One, Fluttershy in Best Night Ever, and finally Twilight in Lesson Zero (And a little bit in Swarm of the Century).

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots