My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Maze

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relevant:

EDIT: Imageshack doesn't handle gifs? :sad: nevermind then.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Relevant:

No? Well I have one that might tide you over then :smile:

39761%20-%20animated%20back_to_the_future%20rainbow_dash%20seizure_warning%20sonic_rainboom.gif

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

What's up with the shirtless black guy there? :???:

I love that gif Aspeeder. :grin: Absolutely love it.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

htp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Edw7QkpHs

Dear [bleep]ing god. I just cringed the whole time watching this.

Why'd you search for it?

Also that guy with the frizzy hair reminds me of DeEliteOne :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I have taken to the understanding that haters are going to hate. MLP: FiM is a great show, and I was hooked on it since the first episode. The brony community Is a really fun one for me to be apart of especially since most of the people there are like me. So I shall proudly wear my Rainbow Dash t-shirt in public, and I shall hang my awesome MLP poster in my dorm at college this year. Keep hating haters. This brony here just laughs at you.

Also, for those of you who hate Rarity... I hated her to until I saw the Diamond Dogs episode and the final episode at the GGG. It gave me a little more insight to her character. Try giving Rarity another look.

(and Pinkie Pie should take her Adderol on a more regular basis)

Relevant:

No? Well I have one that might tide you over then :smile:

39761%20-%20animated%20back_to_the_future%20rainbow_dash%20seizure_warning%20sonic_rainboom.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bjkM_y-Wps

For Amareica,

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

Okay, so I've been watching the brony community from the fringes for a while and here's my analysis. Spoiler: It's not good.

The majority of bronies are, lets face it, nerds and 'weirdos'. The actual show is decent at best. There's no proper reason for it to have such a following. Now... Do bronies actually like the show? Or are they just on the bandwagon? My observations indicate that the majority are on the bandwagon. If there was no brony community, there would be many fewer people watching the show. That's what the majority are really after - a sense of community and belonging. I don't know how the community got started, but it is very attractive to the 18-35 year old male crowd, since that group is the one with the most socially... 'disabled' people in it. A nice community, based on friendship and acceptance? Heaven for a loner guy. So my problem lies not with the community aspect, but the fact that people are proud to be bronies. It's not funny, or cool, or interesting, or original. Ponies are fine. Liking ponies is fine. Watching a show about ponies is fine. Being proud of the fact that you watch a show intended for small children and that you're really into it is not fine. It is annoying and childish.

In summary - the show is fine, the community idea is fine, ponies are fine, but bronies are not all fine.

Also ponies are the cancer killing /b/. Seriously, get the [bleep] out. It's sickening seeing a pony thread every time you refresh. Even the chloe threads aren't that horrible. At least everyone acknowledges that they're just trolling.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Also ponies are the cancer killing /b/.

/b/ is long gone. I suggest giving up on it already. The only good threads left are mostly greentext stories, and by looking at those you can see the general age of /b/'s population now.

I agree with what you said about bronies/bandwagon[cabbage] though. Lets just let this thread slowly die down and be forgotten..

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

So I managed to catch an episdoe today and I've got to say, both sides are being way too ridiculous about this. It wasn't awful, but it was nowhere near good enough to have the following it has from adults. So now I'm on the side that thinks that this began with people pretending to think MLP was cool and then a bunch of people got caught up with the idea of "bronies".

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

So I managed to catch an episdoe today and I've got to say, both sides are being way too ridiculous about this. It wasn't awful, but it was nowhere near good enough to have the following it has from adults. So now I'm on the side that thinks that this began with people pretending to think MLP was cool and then a bunch of people got caught up with the idea of "bronies".

I don't think anyone who's against it is saying it's an awful show. It's a perfectly fine show for little girls. It just has an unnatural fan obsession from older men.

I'm not a fan of those bronies who just jumped on the bandwagon after watching like 2 episodes. I watched about 13 episodes before I knew there was a cult following, and I joined the community for the fun of it. I just hate it when both sides fight and hate on eachother.

I actually quite got into the series after about 6 episodes, and I guess the episode Winter Wrap Up appealed to me with a well written and amusing opening song.

It's not that I actively try to shove MLP into other people's faces, but I do find myself able to appreciate the show on another level, as it contains some quirks now and then that are fun to notice.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So do hundreds of other shows, yet very few have a cult of nerds following them.

Why was this show picked? Anyone know?

Because it is simply the most extreme show they can watch. It's target is extremely girly and for little kids. Phineas and Ferb, for instance, would be a great substitute for My Little Pony, however, it's gender-neutral and aimed for kids of all ages. It won't have the same *effect* as MLP would have.

All going back to the bandwagon, of course.

siggy3s.jpg

Honestly, most shows have nerd cults following them, the difference being that MLP just has a bigger one.

And while I'm a fan of the show, there IS a clear bandwagon jumping, it's like of you said, people think they are edgy by saying 2I watch a show about pink ponies". I watch MLP, adventure time and sometimes the re-runs of old beyblade and Digimon seasons, and each could and should have a similar if not way higher community that MLP. Regardless, it's still a good show.

So do hundreds of other shows, yet very few have a cult of nerds following them.

Because it is simply the most extreme show they can watch. It's target is extremely girly and for little kids. Phineas and Ferb, for instance, would be a great substitute for My Little Pony, however, it's gender-neutral and aimed for kids of all ages. It won't have the same *effect* as MLP would have.

Why not something like Winx Club or W.I.T.C.H.? (ignore that fact that I'm aware of these shows)

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Why not something like Winx Club or W.I.T.C.H.? (ignore that fact that I'm aware of these shows)

Had to Google that, ha.

Well of course there's an community reason for the spark of MLP, but this massive bandwagon/popularity? As my post.

That said, if the spark started with Winx...then this thread would be called something else.

siggy3s.jpg