My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Maze

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, why can't people who like teh show just say "hey, I like and I supprt it" instead of coming up with a pun name, which only contributes for generalization?

Because in all honesty it's a over-glamorized fad. I'm not one to judge people harshly, believe me, but you can't help to admit the majority of the loudest fans are the ones who feel all proud to be a 'rebel' of sorts. I don't like saying it, but it's the only reason why it has grown so large and so loud.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Last week a couple came over with their three year old daughter. He mentioned how his daughter loves My Little Pony. I told him that people my age watch that show. I don't think he realized I wasn't joking.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Last week a couple came over with their three year old daughter. He mentioned how his daughter loves My Little Pony. I told him that people my age watch that show. I don't think he realized I wasn't joking.

You should have showed him the picture of the meet-up a page or two back >:3

PM me for fitocracy invite

Nothing can express my disappointment regarding how far the irony of pretending to enjoy a cute children's show was taken. A few idiots actually believed it and now we're stuck with bronies

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Honestly, why can't people who like teh show just say "hey, I like and I supprt it" instead of coming up with a pun name, which only contributes for generalization?

Because in all honesty it's a over-glamorized fad. I'm not one to judge people harshly, believe me, but you can't help to admit the majority of the loudest fans are the ones who feel all proud to be a 'rebel' of sorts. I don't like saying it, but it's the only reason why it has grown so large and so loud.

I agree with this. Like I've said before I see absolutely no reason to put this much into a show and it honestly is a little creepy. (in the same way where furries 'proudly' proclaim how much they would love to [bleep] a fox).

Like the show if you want but the whole 'bronie' thing is just stupid.

I agree with this. Like I've said before I see absolutely no reason to put this much into a show and it honestly is a little creepy. (in the same way where furries 'proudly' proclaim how much they would love to [bleep] a fox).

BECAUSE people are so sure that it's creepy and disgusting is the whole reason why bronies exist at all. Do you think if this was, say, just some Transformers show which people wouldn't presume it's disgusting for men to watch, this phenomenon wouldn't exist.

It's narrowminded for people to still see things like 'this is what a boy does and this is what a girl does, anything else is disgusting'.

Yes, some of the fans might come off as a bit weird or over the top, but what the [bleep] does it matter to you? Are they hurting you?

Bronies have a cool fandom which is literally based on friendship and fun, I fail to see how that is such a bad thing.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Shameless 5 day bump

I love how adorable candy colored ponies end up bringing hate and anger to the table 90% of the time :thumbup:

I dislike the name personally, but I think most people like to feel a part of a community by using a common name.

The community aspect is why I think most people enjoy the fandom.

On the other hand, people that shove the show down other peoples throats and act like annoying [puncture]s that wont shut up =/= Bronies in my books.

Its always the loud annoying people that end up on the front page.

The creepy people in a group give it a bad name and then the whole community suffers from it.

[coughreligionandpolitics]

I'll just keep watching the show, saving the art and music and enjoying it on my own.

That said, I spend my entire day thinking about ponies.[/priorities

Nothing can express my disappointment regarding how far the irony of pretending to enjoy a cute children's show was taken. A few idiots actually believed it and now we're stuck with bronies

It's not like that. Certain people outside of MLP's demographic legitimately liked the show. Because, according to cultural norms, this would be seen as ironic, like-minded people get together, creating their own sub-culture, so it no longer is ironic. The irony of the thing as perceived from the outside brings it together. There's no pretending and there never was.

There's also the point that MLP has conveniently challenged a sensitive subject where most people have secretly disagreed with cultural norms, but rarely talk about it. That's the idea that there are 'girls' things, like dolls and princesses and ponies, and 'boys' things, like cars and fighting and rescuing princesses. Cultural gender segregation, basically. An equivalent topic a decade or two ago would have been homophobia or racism. Lauren Faust have also been consistently challenging the idea that cartoons are exclusively for young children and needn't be subtly intelligent. It's important, and dare I say it, a sign of cultural change to come.

It's difficult to explain, really, but I hope that clarifies it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Depends on how you want to spin it ...

At the very least, watching this allows me a few moments to peek into a much happier and simpler world. This definitely can't be a bad thing, can it?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

http://bronies.memebase.com

There is like over 10,000 macros on KYM itself.

For [bleep]s sake, must Cheezburger freeload off every single thing that happens on the internet?

Yes. It really pisses me off.

I try to ignore the existence of the 'cheezburger network' [cabbage].

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

http://bronies.memebase.com

There is like over 10,000 macros on KYM itself.

For [bleep]s sake, must Cheezburger freeload off every single thing that happens on the internet?

Considering they were nagged (consistantly) to have a brony sub-site, I was suprised they hadn't done it sooner.

Luck be a Lady

Memebase hasn't developed a shred of original content, and 90% of the images are crap forced memes like the better drink my piss guy, or awful advice dog spin offs. Plus they make money off all the ads on the site, and have the nerve to watermark the images like they're their property. Yes I mad.

Back on topic, I've watched the first episode, and while the show is by no means awful like a lot of kids shows are, I still can't quite see why it's so popular. I'll have to watch a couple more some time when there's no risk of someone walking in :P

Back on topic, I've watched the first episode, and while the show is by no means awful like a lot of kids shows are, I still can't quite see why it's so popular. I'll have to watch a couple more some time when there's no risk of someone walking in :P

And this, my friends, is how it starts.

I'm pretty sure the whole point of Memebase is that nothing in it is original. Failbook is probably the only one worth looking at now and then, the rest is a bit crap.

Also, when is Season 2 coming out?

~ W ~

sigzi.png