►►► Success Rate of Getting Logs, Ores, etc. ◄◄◄

Trill

No where have I seen a formula for the success rate of receiving logs, ores, etc. while skilling. What we need to do is to find a formula that we can hopefully later on use on the website's guides sections so that we can find out the success rates of getting these certain items.

Some things we need to take into consideration:

• Player's level in specific skill
  • Required level to woodcut/mine the object
  • Required level to equip the required equipment (axe, pickaxe, etc.)

We need you all to come up with a formula so that once and for all, we can find the success rate. Hopefully this thread will meet some smart mathematicians.

P.S. This has never been done. :)

Interesting idea! I'd reccomend this to be in metagame discussion though, more people willing to gather data!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Why is this important?

And...

How can we exactly tell what an attempt is?(would have been possible in rsc, but not really now)

The thread really makes little sense and has no implications. People(apart from grimy, but even for him it requires interest) don't research useless stuff.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Couldn't you just take already proven average experience rates/hr and divide them by the the amount of experience each resource provides to get a rough approximation of how long it takes to get one specific resource?

Seems like you're doing things ass-backwards.

Who would need information about how long it takes to gather x log with a bronze hatchet anyways? You should always use the best tool you can for your level.

Interesting idea. Moved this to metagame discussion as it is an active research topic.

Xpx, an idea may not be interesting to you, but it may to some people.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Interesting idea. Moved this to metagame discussion as it is an active research topic.

Xpx, an idea may not be interesting to you, but it may to some people.

And this is exactly why i'm asking the questions. I'm aware of communities that actively focus on research(clearly not tip.it) and those are very important questions about any topic of relevant research. If you can't answer the questions, you are likely doing something wrong. The OP doesn't sound at all like he has had any experience at all in doing things like this.

I don't have much experience in this, which is why we should figure this out...a lot of people don't.

What he's trying to say is that there's no point. There no purpose in finding this information.

Why is this important?

And...

How can we exactly tell what an attempt is?(would have been possible in rsc, but not really now)

The thread really makes little sense and has no implications. People(apart from grimy, but even for him it requires interest) don't research useless stuff.

I'm harpooning tuna/swords atm and high alching them. Watching the xp counter, anytime I catch a bunch in a row they come in at the same time intervals, so that would be how fast the "attempts" are.

I find this interesting, but not really important enough to do any hard research. :P

It's something thats never been done and runescape has been around for 10+ years, so it's about time that it should be done.

There are ridiculously many things that haven't been done, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to do them, much less research them. To me, you are having a tough time selling your idea. If you really are interested in research i would suggest getting in tough with grimy bunyip- he has alot of topics in which research is actively being carried out and has been deemed relevant.

it doesnt have to benefit us. youll just feel good that youve solved something that hasnt been solved for 10 years.

rs2 hasn't been around for 10 years, and the mechanics changed between rsc and rs2. And, as said, i'm not buying your ideas. Xp/h figures seem infinitely more useful to me.

it doesnt have to benefit us. youll just feel good that youve solved something that hasnt been solved for 10 years.

rs2 hasn't been around for 10 years, and the mechanics changed between rsc and rs2. And, as said, i'm not buying your ideas. Xp/h figures seem infinitely more useful to me.

Yes, just take xp/h figures. If you want to know how many fish or ore you can get per hour, just do the math from there.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I know that, I'm not stupid, I want to figure this out though.

We understand your enthusiasm, but you are really not putting up a strong case for why anyone else should help you, least of all doing anything yourself.

This research is in fact on my to do list, so I am interested.

If you can acquire data, I would be more than happy to tabulate it for you.

Ideally you would collect data with either bronze or dragon tools.

And you would want your woodcutting/mining/fishing/etc levels to be as low as possible.

Ideally you could drain them to 1 somehow, but I am not sure how aside from disease (which is possible but tedious).

anyways if you need more details, contact me in game, through pm, or through skype.

PM me if you want my skype name.

Naaxi.png

Yep it would be, and it'd be interesting regardless imo. Just hard to figure out :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted