When To Repot?

JPMC Mate

When should I repot with Super Sets with my stats? Thanks.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

When should I repot with Super Sets with my stats? Thanks.

it only costs 36k gp to repot on super strength potions per hour non stop.

so if your inventory space allows for it, every time your stats drop below maximum boost if your income is 5m+ gp/hour

the next breakoff point is at 1.5 mil gp/hour, where you boost once every 2 minutes.

750k gp/hour breakoff point for boosting once every 3 minutes.

not really worth mentioning anything else

but once again, this depends on if your inventory will allow for it.

Naaxi.png

I usually repot every time my stats fall 5 levels from where they were originally boosted to.

Just curious Grimy, what would income rates need to be to repot on extremes every minute, two minutes, and three minutes?

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I usually repot every time my stats fall 5 levels from where they were originally boosted to.

Just curious Grimy, what would income rates need to be to repot on extremes every minute, two minutes, and three minutes?

depends on how much you value herblore xp/extreme potions :P

assuming you consider herblore xp to be worthless, as you are 99 herblore then:

15 mil gp/hour for 1 dose per minute

5 mil gp/hour for 1 dose per 2 minutes

2.5 mil gp/hour for 1 dose per 3 minutes

1.5 mil gp/hour for 1 dose per 4 minutes

Naaxi.png

Every minute O_O

And what monsters exactly give 5mil per hour?! Jesus. How many pots do you guys carry in your inv usually? For say a slayer task.

I can't make anywhere near 5m an hr, or even 1.5m an hr.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I usually repot at 118/125 on regular slayer monsters when using extremes. At 120/125 when de defense of the monster is high (like wyverns or mith drags p e).

I do consider inventory space too... Geez at repot once per minute or so, where the hell do you put prayer potions then. and loot.

nasty_jenny.png

Every minute O_O

And what monsters exactly give 5mil per hour?! Jesus. How many pots do you guys carry in your inv usually? For say a slayer task.

Overloads.

If you don't have them, pot as frequently as you can, inv spaces allowing. Every 3-4 minutes is reasonable at average income. What grimys figures don't consider is the extra loot and xp you will get, making the figures even lower.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I feel like hijacking but you wouldn't happen to know the cash per hour to use ovls on non-boss creatures(that is assuming no loots).

How often would you otherwise be potting and what potions would you use?

There seems to be a misconception here:

The 5mil per hour income is NOT made by killing the monsters, except perhaps a few boss hunting exceptions that are used as money makers.

This kinda of figure of to do x you need income of y per hour is based on time saved goes to money making.

For example ectofunctus vs gilded altar.

Altar gives 3.5* xp to ectos 4*

So in cost per xp

altar gives x/3.5 and ecto x/4. Ecto is the clear winner.

BUT you can offer bones about twice as fast (as a made up minimum to simplify the numbers) on altar. So when you factor in time altar gives 7* xp in the same time as ecto gives 4* but at double the cost.

Lets say 1 bone costs y. So in altar you spent 2y and ecto you spent 1y.

Say you could do 1k bones an hour at ecto.

Ecto in 1 hour you spent 1000y

Altar you'd spend 1000y in 30minutes or 2000y in 1 hour.

If we say 1000y = z

So using ecto you spend 2z in two hours. Thats it, end of method.

Altar you spend 2z in an hour, then have that second hour free.

If you can make 2z or more gp via merching or any other means in 1 hour altar works out better.

Lets say you make 3z an hour money making.

Ecto, 2 hours, 1k bones. You spend 2z, you make 0z. You're at -2z

Altar, 2 hours, 1 k bones. You spend 2z, you make 3z. You're at 1z.

Same principle applies here. Repotting sooner = faster dps = faster kills = time saved.

Invest that time into money making and if you can make enough money per hour it works out more efficient overall.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I feel like hijacking but you wouldn't happen to know the cash per hour to use ovls on non-boss creatures(that is assuming no loots).

Extremes every 3 min

Blue_Sock.png

Extremes every 3 min

which extremes?(def and ranged boost from ovl is usually useful, too)

There seems to be a misconception here:

The 5mil per hour income is NOT made by killing the monsters, except perhaps a few boss hunting exceptions that are used as money makers.

This kinda of figure of to do x you need income of y per hour is based on time saved goes to money making.

For example ectofunctus vs gilded altar.

Altar gives 3.5* xp to...

I commend you on a good post.

Extremes every 3 min

which extremes?(def and ranged boost from ovl is usually useful, too)

This is just for slayer so ext atk and str

Blue_Sock.png

Well if you repot every 3 normally, you're using 5 doses of extreme attack/strength per overload. Since overloads are about 67k each not valuing herblore xp, and extreme attack/strength potions about 10k together (again not valuing xp), you're paying another 228k per hour to use overload. If you would normally repot every minute, you're using 5 extreme attack/strength per overload, which actually only costs about 17k less than overloads do, so overloads are about 68k per hour more expensive. Repotting every 2 minutes is 5 extreme sets per two overload, or about 50k versus 134k, or about 168k gp per hour.

If you'd normally also use extreme defence, you'd get about 16k for an extreme set, so repotting every minute gets you 5x16k versus 67k, making overload actually cheaper. Repotting every three minutes would be 5 doses per overload again, or about 26k versus 67k, 160k/hr for overloading.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Since when did this become about Extremes? I have no extremes. I wasn't even asking what each repot time would cost to use. I just want to know when to repot at my levels. I got 5 minutes from a reply on this thread; is that right?

azeem1992.png

Grimy gave you the answer you wanted about as concisely as you can get:

Repot everytime you drop 1 level (aka 1 minute) if you earn 5m gp per hour

1.5mil gp/hour for repot every 2 minutes

750k gp/hour for repot every 3 minutes

Anything below that not worth mentioning.

To rephrase grimy since you don't seem to think this is an answer:

Look at how much gp/hr you earn.

If you earn 5mil+ repotting every 1 level drop is best.

If you earn 1.5mil+ repot every 2 levels is best.

If you earn 750k+ repot every 3 levels is best.

If you earn <750k report every 4 levels is best.

If you do not care about cost at all and can't see how it has a bearing on the matter:

Repot every single time you drop 1 level as this maximises your dps and thus your efficiency at monster hunting specifically, though not your overall efficiency if you earn <5mil gp an hour

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Grimy gave you the answer you wanted about as concisely as you can get:

Repot everytime you drop 1 level (aka 1 minute) if you earn 5m gp per hour

1.5mil gp/hour for repot every 2 minutes

750k gp/hour for repot every 3 minutes

Anything below that not worth mentioning.

To rephrase grimy since you don't seem to think this is an answer:

Look at how much gp/hr you earn.

If you earn 5mil+ repotting every 1 level drop is best.

If you earn 1.5mil+ repot every 2 levels is best.

If you earn 750k+ repot every 3 levels is best.

If you earn <750k report every 4 levels is best.

If you do not care about cost at all and can't see how it has a bearing on the matter:

Repot every single time you drop 1 level as this maximises your dps and thus your efficiency at monster hunting specifically, though not your overall efficiency if you earn <5mil gp an hour

I don't earn any of those as I do not know of a money method that can get me 750k an hr, but I also don't want to not use Super Sets as that lessens my xp/hr.

azeem1992.png

report every 4 levels then.

By that point the cost is negligible

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Alright, thanks. I will pot every 5-6 minutes.

azeem1992.png