Jagex should re-release rares

Da Pirates

Now I haven't played (serious) since around 2009 but one thing I always thought was bad was how users would hoard party hats/santas even though they had ZERO purpose other than looks and gouge their price to hundreds of millions of GP. I think that all the rares should be re-released to stabilize the economy and get rid of the hundreds of millions of coins being embedded on a rare. I know this would make many people mad but in the long run (years down the road) it would be beneficial due to the lack of gouging and hoarding the community, since every other item in the game can be obtained through some sort of means. Thoughts?

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly they are 'rares' for a reason.

I think they are way over priced, but that doesn't mean they should release them again.

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

Actually, I feel that it'll destabilize the economy more. For example, the rares will become useless items and those hundreds of millions put into rares will be thrown out the window. Yeah they are overpriced in my opinion, but they're still rares regardless.

j0xPu5R.png

I hate to plug my own thread... but I think they should add a second currency for the higher leveled players.

This would bring the prices back down on things like partyhats.

Think of it in these two ways;

-You can buy a soda with 100 pennies or 1 dollar

-When one nations currency inflates, the other nations dont change. It only means that the first nation will need more of its currency to trade with the others' currency.

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

what the hell would i buy with my 5b

What this game was built around...skills

What about the people who have all 99s? And not everyone plays the game the same way. Some people hate skilling. There is no reason to destroy one's reason for playing just because you don't like the high price tag.

jpegsigtest.jpg

He's just upset because he wasn't around to get the free millions and is jealous of the people who were. I use to be but I got over it.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

A better way around it would be to release more higher level content for them to spend their money on. It would, in turn, lower the prices of phats :D

Picture gear for lvl 85, 90, 95 and 99 combat levels!

Instead of seeing this;

"buying white phat for 1.8bil!"

youd see this;

"Trading this lvl 95 gear I got as a drop for either 1 blue or 2 purple phats!"

Basically making phats their old price.

Nex pretty much did this but imagine if even more stuff like that was introduced.

nashv.png

It might take a lot of money out of the economy, but it would also cause a lot of people to quit. How would you feel if your bank was mainly rares and valued at 10B+, then Jagex does something like that and suddenly your 10B+ bank becomes like 50M?

Jagex doesn't want to lose members.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Sorry, but this is just a terrible idea and really has no benefit. You obviously don't understand economics, as how would crashing thousands of players equity stabilize the economy and decrease inflation? Here is my prediction of what would happen, and I'm gonna guess it probably is pretty spot on.

1. Everyone that had rares as a large part of their equity would quit. It would be like the depression. There stock would crash. This would cause the market for all other items to go nuts and it would also cause many people to quit.

2. Everyone saving up for a rare, or who just had 100's of millions to billions of gp would now instead reinvest into other items, causing the inflation of other items.

As you can see, your idea would actually destabilize the economy and cause massive inflation. At the benefit of? Making rare holiday items as useless as current holiday items.

So to be blunt, your idea is idiotic and it stems from your jealousy of not having one of these rare items. Turns out if jagex re release them, you wouldn't really care if you had one anymore because they would be as common as everything else in the game.

w4M8t.png

I wish people could turn these sorts of threads into something worth reading. Its just a bunch of trolling.

"You just wish you had my phat"

"Its not fair"

"Your an idiot"

He has a point, phats and other rares are approaching max cash! We need SOMETHING to bring them back down.

nashv.png

A better way around it would be to release more higher level content for them to spend their money on. It would, in turn, lower the prices of phats :D

Picture gear for lvl 85, 90, 95 and 99 combat levels!

Instead of seeing this;

"buying white phat for 1.8bil!"

youd see this;

"Trading this lvl 95 gear I got as a drop for either 1 blue or 2 purple phats!"

Basically making phats their old price.

Nex pretty much did this but imagine if even more stuff like that was introduced.

I disagree with this. Full pernix, which i'm pretty sure is the most expensive set of armor dropped by Nex, is currently worth around 1.5b, but that hasn't led to any drop in the price of rares. That being said the price of pernix, torva, and virtus will probably all come down as more and more people are able to access and kill Nex.

riderr_boi26.png

@Riderr

It has though, I dont mean "Price in RSGP" I meant price in TIME.

Now instead of grinding for 500k p/hr until you have 1.5bil, you can spend maybe a week or two killing Nex for the gear and then TRADE the gear for the phat.

Eliminate the middle-man. Lose the coins and trade items for items. Its the only way to fix it at this point.

nashv.png

If Jagex is going to rerelease rares, then they'd better give me the equivalent cash for my red/white party hat and then make all rares untradeable.

If there's going to be a solution to the rares issue, it'd probably have to be this. Other than that, imagine items worth billions suddenly turning to mush. It's the same thing that happened with Bitcoin not that long ago.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

He has a point, phats and other rares are approaching max cash! We need SOMETHING to bring them back down.

We had something, but then they brought RWT free trade back.

On topic - If Jagex had dealt with this issue back in 2003 by either making the previous year's items untradable or simply making them available for purchace from the general stores or Thessalia then this wouldn't be an issue now.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

We had something, but then they brought RWT free trade back.

On topic - If Jagex had dealt with this issue back in 2003 by either making the previous year's items untradable or simply making them available for purchace from the general stores or Thessalia then this wouldn't be an issue now.

Old GE with the price limits wasn't really something. Phats were virtually unbuyable off the GE and the whole "street value" system was pretty messy. Letting the items rise to their 'natural' value really is better.

Re-releasing rares is a bad idea. It would make a bunch of rich players lose a lot of their value and the rares would be worthless afterwards anyway so there would be little reason to buy them.