Where in the World is Tip.it?

stevepole

As far as I can tell the only way to limit control over who can edit the map would be to gather everyones email and send out each person a invite to be a contributor.

One thing Google Map's does show me is the last person who's contributed to the map and gives their email address so as far as I can tell it's been the same person then entire time.

tFtfA.jpg

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added mine back but I doubt it'll last.

I know there's a way with Google Docs that restricts it. Based on that, you can do it one of two ways: either have everyone PM one or two people who have access to editing the map, or approve everyone one by one manually.

j0xPu5R.png

I wouldn't mind giving you my email, seeing as you can already see them. Is there an option for you to block certain email addresses?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

The map seems messed up. :-? Everything got cleared so I added my marker in the general area of my city, now when I click the link to the the map it defaults to a close-up view of where I put my marker. Huh.

The map seems messed up. :-? Everything got cleared so I added my marker in the general area of my city, now when I click the link to the the map it defaults to a close-up view of where I put my marker. Huh.

It'll be gone in a little while, so it's not worth the trouble.

If you want my email, I can send it to you in PM.

j0xPu5R.png

For what it's worth, I put mine back up.

If this continues to be an issue, I also have no problem sending my e-mail via PM.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

can you remove placemark 3 and edit placemark 5 to say i live there?

derped hard :oops:

You know that you can edit the placers yourself, right? This is why we just had a problem, because anyone with the link can edit anything.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

As far as I can tell the only way to limit control over who can edit the map would be to gather everyones email and send out each person a invite to be a contributor.

One thing Google Map's does show me is the last person who's contributed to the map and gives their email address so as far as I can tell it's been the same person then entire time.

This. This is the only way you can prevent vandalism.

By the way, you might want to give some clearer instructions on how to place markers, etc. I know I kind of messed up when I was fooling around with the map yesterday because I moved someone else's marker around thinking it was mine. And no, I've never used Google Maps before.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I also wouldn't mind sending you my email by PM

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Not mistaken, people would be sending emails, to become contributors, which then I would disable the ability for anyone to freely edit the map?

So far it's still the same person messing with the map. It's supposedly his friends email, according to the vandal, but as Y_Guy mentioned he looked it up and it doesn't link up with any user on these forums.

tFtfA.jpg

Just shows they're not using their own email. It's ridiculously easy to get a new email nowadays.

Looks like it was cleared again. Could try rebooting it again with the option you suggested - inviting users as 'collaborators' to the map and restricting it to them.

j0xPu5R.png

The only downside is making it invite only would make it less convenient for everyone but in the long run it would protect the map from random vandals. So yeah, if the majority want to go this route I'd set it up so I'd have everyone PM me their email address and for those who don't want to share their email can simply PM me or anyone that is known as a collaborator or leave a reply here and get them to place their marker with their message.

It's up to you guys if we want to go this route or not and attempt to save the project.

tFtfA.jpg

He deleted everything again while going through some mad obsession with Das.

What the [bleep]?

Seriously?

Killerred just told me about it, and got some info from tripsis - Not too sure why people would care about me anymore, as i'm resigned and not coming back ANYTIME SOON.

Thanks

~Das

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

This is disappointing... What do they gain from doing this? All it does is show how immature some people can be without even being provoked.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]