Ha ha I lolled

Ts_Stormrage

Jagex are allowed to not tell the truth, you know? They're not going to be better off by saying that their bot detection system is terrible - so they don't.

But it doesn't help their cause, especially when everyone knows they're lying. It only makes them seem more incompetent and helpless than they already are when it comes to bots.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex are allowed to not tell the truth, you know? They're not going to be better off by saying that their bot detection system is terrible - so they don't.

But it doesn't help their cause, especially when everyone knows they're lying. It only makes them seem more incompetent and helpless than they already are when it comes to bots.

They do it all the time and sometimes even more ridculously.

Via webcite you cans till see the row game update faq where mod mark says they are collecting data on solo dg and its an issue they wanna look into the fact it was slow compared to group.

Then like 2 months later in a QA he categorically said they never wanted solo dg to match group dg and had never had plans to tweak it at all.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well, I'd rather keep the tiers the way they are so clans are rewarded for the more active members they have. I'm in a Top 5 RuneScape clan so I'm probably a bit biased on the matter, so I'll leave it at that.

That post is probably a fake. You don't know how easy it is to fake a post just copying and pasting the HTML into a browser and taking a screenshot.

j0xPu5R.png

Except it does take a lot more organisation to run a clan with 100 members than it does with 10, if they're both run to the exact same standard. Of course it's possible to have a 100 member clan that is very poorly run and such a clan wouldn't be able to advance their citadels anyway I'd imagine. Your original point was that a casual clan should be able to advance just as much as a hardcore clan. Of course a clan that actually do things together in game and spend more time in game would be more organised than a clan which consists of a bunch of friends who talk to each other and occasionally do things together.

That post is probably a fake. You don't know how easy it is to fake a post just copying and pasting the HTML into a browser and taking a screenshot.

I'm 100% certain that it's fake, there's far more evidence leaning toward it being fake than evidence (Of which there's zero) leading to it being real. And I think not stating that in the first post is a poor attempt at a cheap dig at Jagex, if I'm quite honest. Not being able to verify an image you've come across that's related to RuneScape and actually believing it is... just funny.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

He calls it "the dungeoneering" lol.

Definitely fake anyway.

Still... incredibly disappointed with their inability to get rid of the bots when they assured us it could be done if free trade was brought back. It's killing the game, and there are now multiple resources/slayer monsters/locations which are almost unkillable/unobtainable at a reasonable rate due to the sheer volume of bots.

While the picture in question could indeed be a fake (and I admit I did not research it as well as I would have done for, say, a Times article) I have read similar comments on the RSoF by other Jagex people.

My point about how much in denial/ignorance jagex is about bots, however, stands...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

While the picture in question could indeed be a fake (and I admit I did not research it as well as I would have done for, say, a Times article) I have read similar comments on the RSoF by other Jagex people.

My point about how much in denial/ignorance jagex is about bots, however, stands...

Simliar comments about how their content can't be botted? Oh how I'd love to see those posts, but oh-wait..they're not to be found.

I think you should remove the "Not Fake," from your main post, because quite clearly it is... The only purpose that image has now is to stir [cabbage].

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I was talking to a friend who works in software design and I realized, Jagex isn't very well run anymore and if not for the product already being good, they'd go under.

This. And I think they know it.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Mod Mark H's quote is definitely fake; there's only a couple of posts from him on that day and neither of them are that.

If you were going for some snide, underhanded way of saying that Jagex is incompetent at fighting off bots, it'd be far easier to take pictures of known botting areas and/or replies that used to link to Rants - or even a 1,300+ post in Constructive Feedback that outlines this to some degree.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I was talking to a friend who works in software design and I realized, Jagex isn't very well run anymore and if not for the product already being good, they'd go under.

This. And I think they know it.

For some, of course, the product isn't even good enough to justify putting up with the bots. If such an opinion were to become commonplace, then Jagex would go under. It's a very precarious situation to be in.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I've visited sites and seen screenshots of successful bots lasting hours on end. One site has a dung bot. I could actually even name the supposed most successful dung bot.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

I still say Jagex needs a symbol next to a caught bots name to denote that player as a bot. Jagex still get the membership money and people have less incentive to bot the more time consuming tasks.

Haha I like that! They should put a scarlet "B"

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Or you know, they could just ban them

They want the membership money bots provide so bans are out of the question.

If only it wasn't for them pesky bot farms using stolen credit cards and causing jagex to lose money in refund charges and risk losing the ability to process credit card payment which was a massive factor in the lose of free trade originally.

But anyway:

Tbh epic idea would be mark bots some how and instead of just rolling them back also block their ability to trade.

Literally make it so someone caught botting permanently (or temporarily depending on severity) cannot trade or pk in anyway shape or form. Not worth botting if they can't sell the goods and if the accounts are marked as bots in highscores etc it'd make them difficult to sell.

Wouldn't stop everyone who bots but would certainly hamper a large market.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

See my Times article in Feb of this year for one fo the few viable solutions...

Btw, I have someone coming forth testifying that he is the original taker of the picture, and that it is not a fake... He however, refuses to step forward, so we're still not making any headway :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Btw, I have someone coming forth testifying that he is the original taker of the picture, and that it is not a fake... He however, refuses to step forward, so we're still not making any headway :)

If you get the topic title you can probably google it to find the url via google cache (though itll prob be incomplete as a page) but from that url you can do a Webcite search and they are brilliant for rs forum caches.

It's how I can often dig up old game update faqs.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Actually showed it to a clanmate earlier, who pointed out that the wording is quite awkward. Combine that with the fact that we have an anonymous source vouching for it while nobody here can find any reference to it, and it just seems like an attempt to slander Jagex.

Silly people, we don't need fake pictures for that. They're good enough at doing it themselves :razz:

But if you look in the history for Mod Mark H, you'll see it's not there. If it's not available to the public (i.e. visible only to HLF or Mod forums), then wouldn't it constitute a leak of confidential information? That'd be a damn good reason not to step forward for this.

Missingno puts it pretty well - we don't need fake pictures to show that Jagex isn't doing anything, you could just look anywhere in the F2P/P2P game to see that for yourself.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg

But if you look in the history for Mod Mark H, you'll see it's not there. If it's not available to the public (i.e. visible only to HLF or Mod forums), then wouldn't it constitute a leak of confidential information? That'd be a damn good reason not to step forward for this.

Missingno puts it pretty well - we don't need fake pictures to show that Jagex isn't doing anything, you could just look anywhere in the F2P/P2P game to see that for yourself.

page 51 monstered topics dont show up there either

Plv6Dz6.jpg

page 51 monstered topics dont show up there either

I believe someone here said that, if there was a thread title, then Google Cache could probably dig up the old, legitimate thread, and we could all get off of this bandwagon already. -.-

s1L0U.jpg