got scamemd, just need to talk,

Diomedus

I just lost 40m. It's my own fault, I feel very stupid, and very disapointed ithat people would do that in a game, but really, i'm mad at myself. I fell for it.

Person A and his friends set up a scenario where a guy was doubleing money, he did it to one guy, pretended to scam another, then gave it back.

This continued for a while, i thought it was a set up, but for some reason, I went for it anyway. Surprse, I gave him 40m out of my 50m total cashpile, and he logged out.

I'm trying to tell meself this is just a game, but I'm still a bit upset and frustrated that I have to start over earning money.

I'm not, like expecting donations or pity, but those would be nice :oops:

If anyone has a good money making idea for a charecter with my level/skills, i'll do whatever. The only thing I have for money making is the daily stuff, so about 500k a day, idk what else to do for money.

also, i do have a pair of rangers boots, and i did just get 99 ranged. I plan on doing slayer to train melee and get money, would hanging on to the ranger boots be worth it? or just get snakeskin and call it a day?

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

War is not about who's right, it's about who's left

Dailies, MTK, herb farming for easy money on the side. Try flipping with whatever cash you still have left.

And be prepared to handle the flame you're about to get.

thanks, that's the kind of stuff I like to hear,

I know I was stupid, I said that.

I guess this just reinforces the "hard knocks." The world will screw you over and no one will care.

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

Moved to the Rants forum :). Protip: if someone is doubling money, do it in one trade. Any other way is reportable.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I make good money scamming them. I say "if you double my 250k, I'll try 5m" it works almost always, too

Though I am not sure if it is allowed :s

Sorry to hear, I hate seeing people get scammed

281ae50b7c.png

Someone that can't spell "scammed" gets no sympathy from me.

So your lack of sympathy is because of a misspelling, not the topic itself? Nice...

OP, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

I guess this just reinforces the "hard knocks." The world will screw you over and no one will care.

thanks, both for moving it, and the advice. I did report them, and I feel very stupid for not understanding that the doubling money thing should be in one trade. I guess I shouldn't do any big decisions when I'm tired, had a long day of college, now this, but still.

Right now, I still am motivated to at least play, we'll just have to see how i feel over the next few days.

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

Dailies, MTK, herb farming for easy money on the side. Try flipping with whatever cash you still have left.

And be prepared to handle the flame you're about to get.

can you point me to a flipping guide? I haven't found a good one, it just seems very abstract right now. Also, I do have a pair of ranger boots I could sell for extra cash for flipping, I got 99 ranged, I think with doing slayer or whatever using snakeskin would be fine, do you think I should sell them?

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

The world will screw you over and no one will care.

Bienvenue au monde. :-D

I'm sorry you got scammed. Generally, once you do something like that, there's virtually no way you'll fall for it - or any scam - again.

From now on, if you ever meet these type of scammers again, do the trick whereby you say something along the lines of "if you double 500k, I'll get you to double 10 mil". Scammers are usually just a little more intelligent than their victims, so they'll normally double your 500k and expect you to hand across the 10 mil. Once the 500k is doubled, walk away calmly and contentedly.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Brewing is a good way of making a weekly million if you have a bit of the stuff from trouble brewing. Just do greenman's ales, 16 glasses of the mature stuff is worth 1M and takes about 2-5 days to brew. So cheap it's practically free. Collect in glasses, NOT kegs.

You could also try cleaning herbs with the scroll of cleansing from dung, if you can be bothered to get it (very possible at your dung level). Not sure if this is good cash anymore, but...it might be. Do some research on that, I would.

I'm not an efficienado.

I don't understand why you chose to risk 80% of your bank tbh but learn from your mistake and don't trust strangers. Hell, even friends on runescape can betray you. I found that one out the hard way. Just chalk this up to experience and move on. At least you have some cash left and you won't be so foolish in future.

zerker_jane.png

99 farm easy

Brewing is a good way of making a weekly million if you have a bit of the stuff from trouble brewing. Just do greenman's ales, 16 glasses of the mature stuff is worth 1M and takes about 2-5 days to brew. So cheap it's practically free. Collect in glasses, NOT kegs.

You could also try cleaning herbs with the scroll of cleansing from dung, if you can be bothered to get it (very possible at your dung level). Not sure if this is good cash anymore, but...it might be. Do some research on that, I would.

If you collect in calquat kegs, you can use glasses on them to get pints separately. This saves you the trouble of banking when doing a run.

Staurolite.png

Dishonesty ruins this world. There's no difference between stealing someone's possessions IRL and in runescape, and people here seem to condone it and even admit to it. Pretty sad.

umad?

You're the [bleep]ing epitome of the idiot generation. There's nothing wrong with being mad over something you care about. In fact, I'd argue that apathy is far worse. That meme is old, annoying, and taken way out of context.

lalalasig2.png

Dishonesty ruins this world. There's no difference between stealing someone's possessions IRL and in runescape, and people here seem to condone it and even admit to it. Pretty sad.

I agree with you, however since the world isnt perfect I see it as a good thing that people are taught not to trust people who offer them free crap over the internet or real life. Can you honestly say that OP getting scammed is bad if he learned this lesson of how to survive in this imperfect world.

Stop being so nearsighted and focus on the whole picture and you will see why i condone it. Pretty sad that you cant see that

I don't know where this belief comes from that getting scammed in a game like Runescape gives you transferable experience to apply to real life situations. If someone is intent on taking your money in real life, they aren't going to try and scam you, they're just going to take it.

Unlike real life, you can't be mugged or assaulted in a video game. People need to stop acting like Runescape is an invaluable tool in teaching life lessons lol.

Sylpheed.png

I agree with you, however since the world isnt perfect I see it as a good thing that people are taught not to trust people who offer them free crap over the internet or real life. Can you honestly say that OP getting scammed is bad if he learned this lesson of how to survive in this imperfect world.

Stop being so nearsighted and focus on the whole picture and you will see why i condone it. Pretty sad that you cant see that

I don't know where this belief comes from that getting scammed in a game like Runescape gives you transferable experience to apply to real life situations. If someone is intent on taking your money in real life, they aren't going to try and scam you, they're just going to take it.

Unlike real life, you can't be mugged or assaulted in a video game. People need to stop acting like Runescape is an invaluable tool in teaching life lessons lol.

In real life, you can attack the scammer outside of wilderness.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

umad?

You're the [bleep]ing epitome of the idiot generation. There's nothing wrong with being mad over something you care about. In fact, I'd argue that apathy is far worse. That meme is old, annoying, and taken way out of context.

I took a Dexter Morgan approach not too soon after my first lure. And I would never steal IRL.

Agent_G_F.png

umad?

THANK YOU! :rolleyes:

On Topic; Sorry to hear your loss. As they say, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. In what world do you think someone you don't know

will give you lots of money for absolutely nothing? Exactly. Take this into account and rest assured you will never fall for it again.

If you want advice, just be thankful you witnessed this sooner or you might have lost a lot more later. As dumb as you are feeling today might be different

tomorrow.

umad?

Oh thank you, I'm glad there are still mature, considerate people.

Also, thanks for the encouragement, to those who said "chalk it up to expirience."

I was surprised and disappointed with the responses condoning scamming. Earn an honest living, both runescape and irl. Yes it's a game, but it's something people put a lot of time and effort into.

For those saying "lol n00b ur stupid," just try to imagine how you would feel if you lost most of your wealth next time you log in. People make mistakes, stuff happens. This time, it happened to be me. Karma and honest dedication, I'll get back up there.

Diomedus.png

Diomedus.png

The world didn't screw you over though. You screwed yourself over when you handed some random person 40M and thought you'd really get anything back.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.