26-Jul-2011 � Clan Citadels are Here!

Da_Latios

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hate it if they change it so that everyone can simply get to tier 7 though. Clans will complain, but it will force clans to be more then 5 members, which imo isn't really a clan, and for those clans that actually aren't complaining but putting in the effort to upgrade their tiers will be able to show to others what they've achieved and that their clan holds a strong unity amongst its members.

You have a whole week to get your resource limit, it took me less then 2 hours after release to get the 1k woodcutting done. I'm sure that over a period of a week, everyone can get their 2 hours of woodcutting done, it's only really grinding if you sit there for the 2 hours, but if you organise your time so that say you do 200 per day, it won't feel so bad.

What we don't need is another thing that everyone can obtain and then get sick of it once they've completed it since they don't have anyone else to impress who hasn't already achieved it. Not all clans will get to tier 7 by week 7, not even the clans with the 200+ members, because they'll find that most of their members are just there to be apart of the higher ranking clans or to receive the benefits without actually doing anything.

Pretty over everything jumping so quickly to hate on updates when they either haven't even really looked into everything you can do, or they can't achieve everything that's available from the update straight away. Whilst I'm typing I might as well add here that f2p members don't get all the updates that members do, because they aren't paying... Don't know if anyone on this thread has brought that up, but the amount of posts on the rsof's about f2p members not receiving benefits when they already have so much content is astounding to me.

Anyway enough typing from me, that's my input... <_<

Exbajalator.png

Guest TrixStar

I really don't know what to think about this update. It seems they put so much time and effort into this and I'm left looking at these things like uh ok what am I supposed to do here? I guess the battlefield will be fun and the ring is nice, but other than that do people really sit around in huge clan meetings talking about things? People really have "parties" and will hang out in the keep pretending this is some game of thrones scene talking about invading another land? I don't know what the hell they were thinking with this update but unless something amazing happens with higher tiers I'll get my exp and help with upkeep every week then be done with it. I don't know this seems like a HUGE miss from Jagex.

I really don't know what to think about this update. It seems they put so much time and effort into this and I'm left looking at these things like uh ok what am I supposed to do here? I guess the battlefield will be fun and the ring is nice, but other than that do people really sit around in huge clan meetings talking about things? People really have "parties" and will hang out in the keep pretending this is some game of thrones scene talking about invading another land? I don't know what the hell they were thinking with this update but unless something amazing happens with higher tiers I'll get my exp and help with upkeep every week then be done with it. I don't know this seems like a HUGE miss from Jagex.

This is exactly how I feel. The true clan hang out is on their forums or in the Clan Chat, not gathering around in a place that has nothing to do in it.

Jagex has always said they do not cater to people who handicap themselves from certain parts of the game (skillers, pures. etc.), however with such a large focus on clans it seems Jagex is considering being in a clan a big part of the game. Why should Jagex have to cater to people who choose not to be in a clan?

The citadels should give good rewards for clans that keep their home updated and at higher tiers. If you're not in a clan then you just won't be able to access a certain part of the game.

Stellactic.gif

It'd be better if they had the ability to add a bank/skilling areas (can you at higher tiers?) so that it'd actually create a centralized, community area to skill, then clans would actually use it.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

It'd be better if they had the ability to add a bank/skilling areas (can you at higher tiers?) so that it'd actually create a centralized, community area to skill, then clans would actually use it.

You add a bank to anywhere in RuneScape, and it becomes a spot to chill/chat/skill. Adding a bank anywhere is pretty much a good thing.

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

Unfortunately, the bank idea ran completely counter to their lines of reasoning, as seen in the FAQ (pronounced as... you know).

Did you consider adding a bank to the citadel so that members can skill in a clan environment?

Mod Chihiro: There are two kinds of bank we could add to the citadel, a player bank and a clan bank. Adding a clan bank would require new engine work.

We are keen to ensure that clanmates do not spend their entire play time tucked away skilling in a citadel and adding banks might encourage that, but we do see that adding a clan bank especially would be a great way to help clans organise themselves in a very flexible way. So we are definitely considering it, and now that we have released citadels, we will be looking at this in more detail, but we have a number of technical and design questions we need to answer before we can commit to doing it.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Unfortunately, the bank idea ran completely counter to their lines of reasoning, as seen in the FAQ (pronounced as... you know).

Did you consider adding a bank to the citadel so that members can skill in a clan environment?

Mod Chihiro: There are two kinds of bank we could add to the citadel, a player bank and a clan bank. Adding a clan bank would require new engine work.

We are keen to ensure that clanmates do not spend their entire play time tucked away skilling in a citadel and adding banks might encourage that, but we do see that adding a clan bank especially would be a great way to help clans organise themselves in a very flexible way. So we are definitely considering it, and now that we have released citadels, we will be looking at this in more detail, but we have a number of technical and design questions we need to answer before we can commit to doing it.

I don't get why they're scared of people spending lots of time in the citadels. After all, lots of people spent a lot of time in Daemonheim and it's not like the rest of the world is deserted.

In fact, if people aren't staying in the citadels at higher tiers if/when they're available to them, the update has failed in its purpose. It's supposed to be a base of operations, let people treat it that way.

I don't mind if they do or don't make some kind of clan bank feature, but at the very least, there should be a regular bank.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I don't get why they're scared of people spending lots of time in the citadels. After all, lots of people spent a lot of time in Daemonheim and it's not like the rest of the world is deserted.

In fact, if people aren't staying in the citadels at higher tiers if/when they're available to them, the update has failed in its purpose. It's supposed to be a base of operations, let people treat it that way.

I don't mind if they do or don't make some kind of clan bank feature, but at the very least, there should be a regular bank.

Totally agree with you.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

It does rather stupid to make a place for people to hang out then not include a bank as it means people would hang out there.

I mean even if they just added a few bits and bobs, not the BEST training ever and at reduced xp with a bank it'd be a nice place to just chill.

Eg if you have wood cutting plot make some other trees normal choppable but for lower xp and make the trees improve as you rank up to maybe maple or yew but never magic or ivy.

If you have a mine make some ore veins appear that go up with tiers to a max of probably gold or coal, heck with repspawn times you could prob even go right up to rune.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

This is exactly how I feel. The true clan hang out is on their forums or in the Clan Chat, not gathering around in a place that has nothing to do in it.

Jagex has always said they do not cater to people who handicap themselves from certain parts of the game (skillers, pures. etc.), however with such a large focus on clans it seems Jagex is considering being in a clan a big part of the game. Why should Jagex have to cater to people who choose not to be in a clan?

The citadels should give good rewards for clans that keep their home updated and at higher tiers. If you're not in a clan then you just won't be able to access a certain part of the game.

I am not in a clan.

I don't look at this like you do.

Jagex knows there are a lot of clans that would like some content, and made their theme this year: clans, there are so many updates that have nothing to do with clans, that you have to do alone. Thats how most of this game is, you can do it all alone except for a few tiny things (few quests where you need another player) and now citadels... A so called huge update (biggest this year, says Jagex). Lots of player are disappoint with this big update because not alone does it let down the people who are not in clans because they know there will be nothing this big for them this year, also the clans that see citadels and ask themselves: "Is this it?"

Jagex does not cater a specific group of people, their updates are sometimes directed at this group, then the next is for another group. What they don't do is listen to the group that they gave the update, because that group didn't want it the way they got it.

So we can now say, Jagex is giving out happy meals, but they have that toy inside that you were not hoping for. But hey, you at least got a toy.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

So someone answer me this, if the skilling plots aren't good xp by any stretch of the word, and there is no bank to make bank skilling in a clan citadel possible, what exactly is the point of a citadel at all? Custom battlefields? Was there really all that big of an outcry for that? I see clan citadels being entirely deserted as they seem to be almost entirely useless. As someone who hasn't played in months I'm still majorly disappointed by this.

Edit: Aww, my avatar is broken.

Edit2: directly linked it to the version in my Gallery, that should fix it.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

So someone answer me this, if the skilling plots aren't good xp by any stretch of the word, and there is no bank to make bank skilling in a clan citadel possible, what exactly is the point of a citadel at all? Custom battlefields? Was there really all that big of an outcry for that? I see clan citadels being entirely deserted as they seem to be almost entirely useless. As someone who hasn't played in months I'm still majorly disappointed by this.

the skill plot xp isnt brilliant but its not aweful either and in using the plot you get clan ring that gives 1.5x xp bonus for a nice chunk of xp.

The rings are definitely worth it unless ur maxed in all the skill plot skills

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

the skill plot xp isnt brilliant but its not aweful either and in using the plot you get clan ring that gives 1.5x xp bonus for a nice chunk of xp.

The rings are definitely worth it unless ur maxed in all the skill plot skills

So the biggest update of the year so far is a bonus xp skill ring? Great.

Edit: Also holy crap I've almost been here for 6 years.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

I wouldnt get hopes up - However - It still the case that we dont know what the xp rates will be at higher tiers. Jagex might pretend that you unlock a bank at a higher tier too. In pretend I mean they will pretend that was the plan all along - Rather than quickly adding it as they didnt think of it.

It might improve as unlock more stuff. We dont really know yet. Dont count on it though.

I wouldnt get hopes up - However - It still the case that we dont know what the xp rates will be at higher tiers. Jagex might pretend that you unlock a bank at a higher tier too. In pretend I mean they will pretend that was the plan all along - Rather than quickly adding it as they didnt think of it.

It might improve as unlock more stuff. We dont really know yet. Dont count on it though.

And portals to clan activities. (clan wars, other minigames)

This would encourage gathering in your citadel.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

You gotta order one for next week

So bump up anything 1 tier higher than it's actually buildable to get a rough idea of what can be built when.

Isn't Jagex hilarious?!

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

We got to 11k of the 13k needed resources and now we have zero and have to start from scratch.

They took something that could be cool and a good way to work with clan members in a relaxed fashion and made it into one of the most grindy and time consuming aspects of the game. Why? Why do they always get so close and leave in a fatal flaw?

clansig7.gif

We got to 11k of the 13k needed resources and now we have zero and have to start from scratch.

They took something that could be cool and a good way to work with clan members in a relaxed fashion and made it into one of the most grindy and time consuming aspects of the game. Why? Why do they always get so close and leave in a fatal flaw?

You were supposed to put it towards the upgrade so you don't lose it..

Okay, I think I've seen enough to give a basic verdict. There just isn't enough here to justify the upkeep. I'll list some things that I think they need to have:

1. A Bank, at Tier 2.

2. A Grand Exchange Point.

3. A house portal, and the ability to move your house to it.

4. Lots of teleport portals, with a much wider range of teleports then what POHs provide, with an emphasis on minigames and skilling areas.

5. An area for forming Dungeoneering parties, with a corresponding portal that takes you straight into the dungeons.

6. Much better storehouses. There's nothing wrong with having reasonable stockpiles of resources for multiple weeks, so long as the work was done at some point. Getting rid of nearly all of it at the end of the week makes the whole thing feel futile.

7. Proper skilling areas with decent rates of experience that guests can use. Nothing is better for the community than services that can only be provided by other players, see Penguin Hide and Seek. Have an emphasis on getting more experience if multiple people work together.

I think those are the ones that most people had in mind when they heard Clan Citadels. The Battlefield's fun and all, but it's not what we were thinking of.

EDIT: Also, Jagex, take note; If you find yourself advertising 'Ideal Meeting Place' as a feature, you haven't put in enough features.

~ W ~

sigzi.png