26-Jul-2011 � Clan Citadels are Here!

Da_Latios

Personally I think jagex should incorporate consistent siege events that activate similar to the build ticks where only members from both clans (and possible ally clans) could enter and wage a war and siege.

The way it would work is whole CC's are informed of impending attacks. This could be done by giving both sides a 24 hour reminder that autoposts in a red text in both of the CC ever hour.

The way sieges would work is clans that have enemy clan relations would have a higher chance of beige picked for that weeks siege aggressor.

If jagex worked on a citadel siege concept they could easily get clans deeply invested in their citadels. Suppose sieges act as a way of checks and balances to resource patch levels and if defeated they go down a notch. Or perhaps clans that defeat other clans get a percentage of the other clans resources.

There is a lot of potential fun for implementing siege with the citadels it's just that jagex has to be careful not to water it down too much.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sieges that actually damage citadels so won't happen, for starters probably like half the clans out there would hate the idea.

If something like that DOES happen it'll have to be an opt in thing unless they want mass rage.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The only way I'd go to my citadel is if it had a bank. Other than that it really serves no purpose to me. But I guess if your clan likes to war amongst themselves the battlefield is nice.

well thats lame, only jsut noiced quarter master says

Moving build tick will NOT make upgrades happen.

Aka doing it is pointless and will just delay the tick tht causes upgrades actually occuring

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Not including a bank pretty much guarantees that the vast majority of clans will have mostly empty citadels.

This citidals are instanced and instances require resources. And it only takes 5 bone heads to create one of these things.

They do not want you to hang out in them and skill.

((number of bone heads in runescape)/5) x (however much memory and resources for one citidal)) = $$$$$$$ BLING!

Fools_Taco.png

I can't see many people just sitting in the citadel I guess to just talk. That's what the clan chat is for, I don't need to watch the people I'm talking to while I'm not gaining any xp. But that's just my view.

They do not want you to hang out in them and skill.

But for most people, especially the type of people who join clans, that's pretty much what the game is. That's the appeal of having these Clan Citadels. If those Citadels don't encourage that, then what's the point of them?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Yeah citadels have a few features to promote hanging out but they need more.

I think the absolute most obvious one is more portals to mini-game etc. Let us form various teams and then use portals to automatically take all the team to 1 world.

Like if we form say a cwars team then leader uses cwars portal it'll go the a world of leaders choosing (so the cwars world probably) and take the entire team with. And for actual team type things like dg and ba portal would let you jump straight in to the wave or the dungeon.

Heck even let us earn trianing spots by convoluted methods

eg bringing 10000 of an ore to clan bank to allow a mining spot to stock tht ore.

Have a "forest" farming plot where you need say 100 of a tree seed in clan bank to grow a small grove for wcing, but its unprotectable has triple growth time and each tree diseases independently and if one dies it kills off the whole thing

Make it so using real items we can build like a furnace an anvil a range.

Give us a special "hunter" ring that with hunter and slayer reqs give us chance of special spirit shard type drops from monsters then charge us a fair number of them to spawn them in a pen/dungeon in the citadel.

So like goblins you'd need say 1 hunt 1 slayer and 2 of the item where as abyssal demons you'd need like 90 odd in both skills and maybe 200 odd of the item.

Give us big heavy fish tanks that each hold 1 fish to allow us to catch live fish to make fishing spots

Make us use high level magic to create a fishing lake, or a farming plot or w/e

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The citadels provide absolutely nothing of value to me, because I can't do any form of skilling there besides the (extremely tedious and annoying) resource gathering. I don't really care about the battlefield, and sure the citadel looks amazing, but I want a bank and to be allowed to skill.

Even just alching? Why can't we do something as simple as that... The problem is that they wanted to create an area that felt like a "base" of operations, and clan members would go to, without members only being in the citadels all the time. However, I feel like these are mutually exclusive, because as it stands if we don't have reasons to go there, we aren't going to go. If we have good reasons to go there, it's less likely we would leave.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

The citadels provide absolutely nothing of value to me, because I can't do any form of skilling there besides the (extremely tedious and annoying) resource gathering. I don't really care about the battlefield, and sure the citadel looks amazing, but I want a bank and to be allowed to skill.

Even just alching? Why can't we do something as simple as that... The problem is that they wanted to create an area that felt like a "base" of operations, and clan members would go to, without members only being in the citadels all the time. However, I feel like these are mutually exclusive, because as it stands if we don't have reasons to go there, we aren't going to go. If we have good reasons to go there, it's less likely we would leave.

The easy solution as far as I can see is to limit the build spots available for the genuinely useful stuff, so a single citadel can't have everything, but it can have just about anything. They have to make choices.

For example, a Dungeoneering clan would obviously build a Dungeoneering party recruitment area and a Daemonheim portal, but it would have little use for an agility course. Members of that clan would still have to venture out in the world if they wanted to train agility.

A penguin hunting clan would build enough obscure portals to make Blink cry (lighthouse portal, anyone?), but they would have no need for a Dungeoneering area. The members would have to travel to Daemonheim to do that. I could go on.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Hm, now that my clan has reached T2 I can truly say that this update this more than i expected. The citadels look great and to be honest i don't understand what people are getting so upset about? The times of meeting in random places is finally over, we can even sit down.

Sure the citadels may require some work to be maintained, and even more work to be upgraded to the next tier, but I'm fairly sure it is worth it. With T2 the citadel keep got a second floor (with meeting rooms) and a roof.

The private meeting rooms are really nice, come in two sizes, also have voting boxes, and also after the first tick the remodelled and now night-time citadel looks even better. Like the ambient sounds too.

plansn.png

If the tiers get progressively better at this rate, im not sure what to expect at T7. I heard about a dragon though.

Furthermore this is a godsend for roleplayers, since the whole land-claim conflict bussiness was getting out of hand, - now every clan can have their private land.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

Too bad that if they made portals to minigames you would need to hop world as soon as you go through it, there should be a world picking option if you leave the citadel in any way.

Plus the fact that you can't even teleport out (games necklace etc.) makes it even less atractive to gather in your citadel.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Too bad that if they made portals to minigames you would need to hop world as soon as you go through it, there should be a world picking option if you leave the citadel in any way.

Not necessarily.

If they actually roll out the world instancing to most mini-games as they have on fight pits you could easily use portals no worries.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Heh, it also seems jagex pulled the same trick they did with dungeoneering,

appereantly t3 citadels require 17.5K timber and 15K stone to be upgraded from t2, now with the storehouse at t2 the limit of resources per person is 1200, which would make 27 people working full limit (and a 0.08K more). The visitor requirement is 15 though.

What will happen at higher tiers? 40 people needed to visit = 70 people fully working? I don't get what jagex wanted to do by this and why was this done....

I'm pretty sure you can partially pay for upgrades?

Don't the resources get spoiled each building tick, or is it possible to save them somehow?

Through careful study of the materials, it appears that during a build tick resources are allocated according to the set build order (after upkeep is fulfilled, of course). And apparently it isn't necessary to complete the job during that build tick.

Any resources stored in a build job in this fashion are effectively "spent" already and cannot rot as they are now invested into the building's foundation. However, if this job is later cancelled AFTER the build tick dedicates those resources to the building, since those resources were already invested, they will not be recovered.

This means that the only resources that do "rot" are the surplus materials left over after all jobs have been filled up.

HOWEVER

in order for work to actually proceed on the citadel, the required minimum amount of people to visit must still be upheld!

8f14270694.jpg

I'm pretty sure you can partially pay for upgrades?

Don't the resources get spoiled each building tick, or is it possible to save them somehow?

Resources are allocated to downgrade jobs.

Then upkeep jobs.

Then upgrade jobs.

It is only when ALL upgrade jobs are completed that you get surplus.

Surplus is what spoils, any allocated to an incomplete upgrade is saved for the upgrade; all thats unclear is if this means say you have 1k timber for the upgrade if next week you'll start with 1k timber OR next week you'll start on 0 but that upgrade will have 1k less timber cost.

Also to guy above: if you cancel any build job at any time all resources dedicated to it are lost regardless of build ticks. You can tell something to build earn 1k timber then cancel it within a few hours and the 1k timber is lost.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Got our citadel's mine now, here's the picture :)

citmine.png

What does the different tiers of resources do though? I can't work out what our tier 2 tree does over the tier 1 tree.

more roots, check out the knowledge base, it has all the info on skilling plots. Higher tier=more roots/more ore veins etc. basically the same grind.

Well ... tier 2 woodcut tree has the same number of roots, just that they now give out more resource for each cut (and hence less XP in total <_<)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Best I can tell, Tier 2 Tree gives 20% more timber per root cut...

When you have 1k done again, recharging your ring there will also grant more XP than if you did it at Tier 1...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!