23-Aug-2011 � New Rewards for Minigames

brainymidget

No.

ALL the stats every single last one of them are not in effect outside the mini-games.

The +15% is jsut a set effect it also gains in mini-games where you can actually wear the whole set.

Outside a mini-game hybrid armours are 100% cosmetic only

What a stupid idea by Jagex (seriously).

In case you haven't seen yet, the drop rates are also highly stupid.

Popoto.~<3

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that they offer no bonus outside of the minigame is stupid. You have to spend 100 hours playing a minigame to get the items. When you finally have them chances are you're going to be so fed up playing any sort of minigame and you're going to end up using it once or twice a week.

They are meant to be used for fun inside of mini games, which is why they are a reward from playing a lot of mini games in the first place.

But its not really fun, I mean a 15% increase in damage is nothing... I mean, you can wear Void and receive that any way, so why not make it more interesting with say 25% more damage.

Or at least give it some stats outside Minigames (like CW armor has SOME) or drop the BS drop rate.

They are meant for minigames and to people that actually play them, not so that everyone can have them at the first two games. I like it, at first I thought oh no that will be crazy because everyone would have them but now only players that play the minigames a lot get them.

Also have you seen anyone using CW armour for combat? I don't so why would you give it stats outside minigames?

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

The problem isn't that they have no stats outside of minigames, which is what Jagex solely intended them for. The problem is that when you compare the stats of the items with the level 80 and 78 equivalents, they look absolutely horrible. Trickster with 0 melee defences? Battlemage with negative range defence? Vanguard with negative magic defence, plus an awful ranged defence rating? What kind of level 85 gear is that supposed to be?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I fail to see saradomin mages point mostly.

Trickster with 0 melee defences? Battlemage with negative range defence? Vanguard with negative magic defence, plus an awful ranged defence rating?

All three hybrid sets are supposed to be good at two points but bad at the third to balance it out, and this very mechanic means they can't be compared to other normal armours. eg normal range armour does have some melee def, but trickster doesn't because it has mage attack power and thus HAS to be weak to melee to make it work as a hybrid set.

Trickster is range and mage so it is therefore intentionally bad at melee

Battle mage same applies but good melee mage bad range

Vanguard same again but good range melee bad mage.

Though I do admit vanguards range def is oddly low.

You can't expect powerful hybrid armour to not have a down side towards the combat stat it ignores; otherwise it would just be tribrid armour.

As a set battle mage is definitely the most useful due to the lower volume of rangers about generally; however you could easily mix two sets up to be a pretty decent tribrid, at the lose of the set boost effect.

Eg battle mage top and trickster legs would give you reasonable def to all 3 classes and remove all negative attack bonuses and then add in other pieces and weapons etc and you can easily keep it balanced yet powerful.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I fail to see saradomin mages point mostly.

Trickster with 0 melee defences? Battlemage with negative range defence? Vanguard with negative magic defence, plus an awful ranged defence rating?

All three hybrid sets are supposed to be good at two points but bad at the third to balance it out, and this very mechanic means they can't be compared to other normal armours. eg normal range armour does have some melee def, but trickster doesn't because it has mage attack power and thus HAS to be weak to melee to make it work as a hybrid set.

Trickster is range and mage so it is therefore intentionally bad at melee

Battle mage same applies but good melee mage bad range

Vanguard same again but good range melee bad mage.

Though I do admit vanguards range def is oddly low.

You can't expect powerful hybrid armour to not have a down side towards the combat stat it ignores; otherwise it would just be tribrid armour.

As a set battle mage is definitely the most useful due to the lower volume of rangers about generally; however you could easily mix two sets up to be a pretty decent tribrid, at the lose of the set boost effect.

Eg battle mage top and trickster legs would give you reasonable def to all 3 classes and remove all negative attack bonuses and then add in other pieces and weapons etc and you can easily keep it balanced yet powerful.

Wouldn't it make more sense to boost the defence of the stat the set is strong against?

For example, Battlemage is Melee/Magic, therefore it should defend well versus Range/Melee.

Because otherwise, you end up with a set that fights well against a particular type of combat, but then is also weak to it. Like Vanguard. Ranger/Melee, but heavily weak to magic.

crossed_body.png

The set is defined by its attack power, same as all other armours.

Like I said they HAVE to have a weakness, they can't just have good stats in all 3 classes; they gotta be weak to the class they don't include.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Like I said they HAVE to have a weakness, they can't just have good stats in all 3 classes; they gotta be weak to the class they don't include.

Every armor is weak to their conterpart, strong against the next one in the triangle, and moderately good against it's own style. Defensively, of course.

So why would these armors behave differently? If an armor is Range/Magic, it should defend well against Magic/Melee, not Range/Magic.

crossed_body.png

Because they have to have a weakness...

If they follwoed standard rules:

Mage is weak to range strong to melee

Melee is weak to mage strong to range

So mage/melee would have to be strong agaisnt melee and range but weak to mage and range.

It's nonsensical for a mage armour to be weak to mage attacks; which leaves weak to range attacks.

While being strong in damage against rangers and meleers as standard armour rules dictate.

It's hardly unprecedented either standard mage armour (mostly) gets pwned by melee attacks if they get in range despite mage beating melee.

Essentially they are offensive items opposed to defensive.

Same way defenders are offensive "shields" or Bandos and Void is an offensive armour with limited defensive stats.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Every armor is weak to their conterpart, strong against the next one in the triangle, and moderately good against it's own style. Defensively, of course.

So why would these armors behave differently? If an armor is Range/Magic, it should defend well against Magic/Melee, not Range/Magic.

Not true, if an armour is Range/Magic it should defend well against magic, zero to range (as magic armour has weak range stats and range armour good range stats), and bad to melee (because magic armour doesn't have melee defence and range defence has bad defence against melee). So I think it is pretty balanced for that armour.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Not true, if an armour is Range/Magic it should defend well against magic, zero to range (as magic armour has weak range stats and range armour good range stats), and bad to melee (because magic armour doesn't have melee defence and range defence has bad defence against melee). So I think it is pretty balanced for that armour.

There's quite a difference between having BAD defence against melee and having NO defence against melee. At all.

Keep in mind that this is level 85 armour, designed for Safe PvP Minigames (3 key words there), they don't HAVE to have weaknesses in tandem with regular armour.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The way I look at it:

Trickster is distance armour: you shouldn't be around to be hit with melee at any time. I can understand why it has no melee defence. It doesn't really have good distance defence though, which is kind of annoying. With blood barrage you can survive a crossbow or two but melee KOs you.

Vanguard is for a range > melee combo (Morrigan's/handcannon > claws) but considering you will basically be frozen 100% of the time it's only useful fighting non-mages (+2 magic defence with spectral/fury/fire cape/onyx (i)).

Battlemage is for magic dps and then KOing with melee. It has high strength bonus, and high magic attack. Rangers will hit very often but with blood barrage you can survive that.

I would like to note that the trickster and vanguard boots have by far the highest ranged defence of any boots (+9, the second best are +2 rogue boots).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I just hope that when these armors become more common it doesn't kill the minigames for everyone who doesn't have them... Although I do plan to get them myself. The only progress I've made is 220 wins at PC. :mellow: Uni started last week... <_<

I have to wonder why they didn't just make them like sacred clay armor where one set can be any of the three.

Does the Ranged defense of Trickster and Vanguard seem low to anyone else?

And I really want to see a tribrid video of someone switching between two or all three sets (and maybe Chaotics too)...

Wicked_!

2dgucz6.png

578 Games for my Hybrid Boots at PC.

Gratz. You've been here for what seems forever.

Second pair at 586 games.

It's a long term goal no point grinding something when I don't have xp/money goals :P and not interest in trimming cape ;)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

It definitely seems certain games have a "dead" region where if you haven't got item yet you will get it and post-first item the chances scale upwards dramatically.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like 1 win increases odds by like 0.02% or something starting at say 2%

Until you hit like 60% then it starts going up in 1% increments to a max of 80-90% region

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Same logic as moi Toad.

Not that I have any yet, but nearing the 500 win mark in pc; just ~500 points to go for 500 win

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I'm hating necromancer. 2k shades burned and all i've gotten has been 1 skull and 1 kit.

Jagex should have just either made a new higher level shade to get gold keys from that would then have a rare chance for kit or skull. Or made gold keys a very very rare drop from any shade, getting rarer the lower shade you burn, but would then have a 100% chance of getting a kit or skull.

None of this luck to get key then require more luck to get kit.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!