23-Aug-2011 � New Rewards for Minigames

brainymidget

There's a waiting time between games of 1 minute or so, plus time before you can attack and stuff. I'm afraid it's a very long-term project.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be going after a set or possibly all of them if all the pieces are easier to get after the first, as I suspect they'll become essential to winning the minigames they're involved with...

However, the Battle-Mage set doesn't really seem "hybrid"; what I mean to say is, that's how mage armor SHOULD be but thus far hasn't really been.

2dgucz6.png

Apparently each game adds a percentage or part of a percentage to your chances.

Eg. Fight Pits - 0% start

Win 1 Game, Fight Pits - 0.5%

Win 2 Games - 1%

Pieces will become more common as you play more, can you ever reach 100%? I don't know.. but it'll really be easier to get as you play a lot.

(atleast with the Hybrid armours).

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Does that only count games played since the update?

*considers member's loyalty points system*

probably

Does that only count games played since the update?

Most likely, since some games do not keep track of your wins.

Apparently each game adds a percentage or part of a percentage to your chances.

Eg. Fight Pits - 0% start

Win 1 Game, Fight Pits - 0.5%

Win 2 Games - 1%

Pieces will become more common as you play more, can you ever reach 100%? I don't know.. but it'll really be easier to get as you play a lot.

(atleast with the Hybrid armours).

From a game designer's point of view, they probably set a cap on that percentage.

crossed_body.png

Didn't see this posted already. For anyone who cares, these are the stats for the new amulet used to cast Borrowed Power.

Uncharged arcane capacitator amulet:

110825002810.png

Charged arcane capacitator amulet:

110825003008.png

Basically, the charged version is an amulet of magic.

31870255.png

About 9 hours with 2 friends ffa and 1 hour paying a friend for kills. Jmod originally said losses increased chance as well as wins but another said only wins, so got all kills to be safe after that.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

25oyjoi.png

550 burns

6 gold keys that I got in the latter 200 (seriously something was messed up) were all crap anyway...

59 Fine Cloth total if anyone cares

If burns are 14k each I lost like 5.5m, although I did gather all the corpses/oils myself so w/e.

EDIT Fine Cloth don't sell so might as well make that 6m...

EDIT 2 after I actually started getting gold keys (tonight only) the rate was ~1/28 with about 1 every yak load (28 burns go figure)

2dgucz6.png

Buy extra sets of elite void. ;) The one good thing about having to spend so much time playing SW and PC is that I'll be getting multiple sets of armor and the Jad pet before I get the hybrid armor pieces.

That's a little depressing, actually.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I actually like that the armour is rare and you obtain it while playing the minigames, otherwise everyone would have those armours and now it gives players a reason to play deserted minigames.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

32918792.png

Love the design of all 3 bodies, but Trickster has to be my favorite.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

Agreed! ^ I saw them in a vid earlier and thought the same thing. Although, I really wish that JaGEx would introduce custom coloring to armors like they did to capes... I really dislike the colors of the 3 sets, especially Battle-Mage.

Buy extra sets of elite void. ;) The one good thing about having to spend so much time playing SW and PC is that I'll be getting multiple sets of armor and the Jad pet before I get the hybrid armor pieces.

That's a little depressing, actually.

Heh, you're right. I do still have that normal Void Top too lol... Although I don't know where I'd ever lose my Void that I wouldn't be able to get back to it...

It bothers me a bit that there's only one functioning PC world at the moment though, and even that doesn't have instant games, at least for the time I was using it. Is there like some super secret world for high levels?

Because on w144 it seems like 1 in 3 games the portal will become unprotected and there will only be 3 people attacking it while everyone else is doing god knows what. At least I still seemed to win 6/7 games...

And anyone else notice that PC is the only one of the sources in which the sets don't give bonuses? Lol...

EDIT

http://services.runescape.com/m=adventurers-log/display_player_profile.ws?searchName=Baller+Melo8&submit=

At least proves helms exist, lol.

2dgucz6.png

32918792.png

Love the design of all 3 bodies, but Trickster has to be my favorite.

Trickers my favourite too of the designs, but you can easily get all 3 once you get the first piece ;)

Wait...how? Share the secrets of the toad pls

Wait...how? Share the secrets of the toad pls

Read last few pages, with the top especially when you get the first top you'll get the next few tops soon after.. so if you continue to play the other minigames a few hours after you unlock the first gloves, boots or whatever piece you want you should get multiples as it seems to work of a percentage you play to gain.

Most players only want battle-mage so they unlock the first piece and move onto the next minigame ;)

If you play 100 games of pest-control when you build your "chance" up you'll still have the same chance even if you receive one or so it seems.

If you start with a 0% chance of receiving boots, and play 100 games for a 25% chance (made up figure just an example) then even after you get 1 pair of boots the chance will be 25%).

It's the way I'm seeing it happen from peoples Adventurers Logs who stay at the minigame for spacesavers atleast.

Huh, interesting. Thanks!

Wait, are the hybrid armours bankable? I seem to see a lot of "a magical force prevents you from banking your items" stuff.

It's a glitch, they retain their stats from the pvp minigames until you log out\back in sometimes and they're non-bankable when they have their stats.

jagerbluebt1.gif