23-Aug-2011 � New Rewards for Minigames

brainymidget

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of them, you get to select which of the 3 you want each time one is "dropped".

14213101.png

I am shocked at the ignorance towards this tidbit from this forum.

That reminds me. I like how they made the bit of the armor with the most/best bonuses the one that you get from the old PvP minigame that almost nobody plays because you can get better Tokkul fighting Jad or kill stealing from the bots.

a70c7.png

The armor seems like a great step in the right direction. It'd also help, at least for CW, to allow for CW specific bows and staffs with unlimited ammo/runes (at a reduced xp rate) so that you're not tied to spending a minor fortune if you want to do something other than melee. You

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I kinda hate FOG, although I know enough about the movement system I could probably be decent at it if I tried...

Is there a way to "fix" FOG? Nooby, I know, but I should fully assume it suffers from the same predicament as Fight Pits do.

What is the minimum amount of players required to begin a game?

The rest of those I can stand. SW should be fun if not only for finding SS barragers to be the victims of a powerful pile of Group Vengeance. PC is alright if you win most of the time, lol. And Castle Wars is my favorite minigame.

Oh, wait, does SW still have that activity bar...? Does it restrict freedom unmercifully?

2dgucz6.png

I want to stick around long enough to see this game go to hell, mostly out of curiosity, that's pretty much the only thing keeping me from quitting.

I'm also mildly addicted.

That's me pretty much. Although I smell a break soon because 99 mining is just too damn daunting.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Made me laugh, atm he got (edit) 5 (robe) pieces

epic.png

I lol'd.

But seriously, so this is the epic hybrid armour? Unobtainable by casual players? great thinking, jagex....

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

I think the need to win to get a piece is fair enough for all of the games except fight pits.

All the others are team efforts and you got a 50:50 chance of winning, but fight pits unless you rig it you've got like a 1:5000 chance of winning unless you are maxed with all the best gear and even then you probably only got like 1:50 chance.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Hm, just noticed the battlemage full set provides +27 str bonus, which means I'll be getting it sooner or later.

Hm, just noticed the battlemage full set provides +27 str bonus, which means I'll be getting it sooner or later.

Yes but only inside the mini-games.

Outside they are statless.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

? where does it say that?

All I saw in the Kb was that they provide extra 15% damage aplifier when in minigames if using the full set.

EDIT: nevermind...I was being blind...

"Hybrid armour can be obtained from various minigames. These pieces of armour are entirely cosmetic except for when they are in the following PvP minigames"

A nice update according to me. Quite a lot of people seem to be sad that the new gear is not as effective as they might have wished for. But you have to remember that everytime there's a new update we can't get more and more "The best"- or "The most pro this far"-gear. Cosmetic gear is nice too, and those new sc shields as well as the new 2,5% xp boost robes can actually be quite useful. Even if they will not make rcing or thieving radically easier, it's still a help for many players, and it will probably also make some old, forgotten minigames more popular.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I want to stick around long enough to see this game go to hell, mostly out of curiosity, that's pretty much the only thing keeping me from quitting.

I'm also mildly addicted.

this

makes 3 of us....

Pretty much this.

Yeah -- this sums it up for me, more or less. My not-so-cunning-plan at the moment consists of me pretty much being amongst the last 2000 or so real players left in game, when Jagex finally pulls the plug. That's making consideration for the fact that they'd no longer be making much from it, after the bots have driven all the real players away, and the en masse bots are no longer active.

I'd like to think that, in its death throes, the game will kind return to the way it was when it was first released in terms of community and game play. When you could wander practically everywhere and it was a rare event to meet another player, and everyone was so kind and helpful and polite ...

:unsure:

the new 2,5% xp boost robes can actually be quite useful.

No, actually, they can't.

Ya know, what I find ironic is that, when I pointed out this very same fact about the gear one obtains from playing Temple Trekking, last week, everyone bum-jumped me because I was an "efficiency troll" ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

All I saw in the Kb was that they provide extra 15% damage aplifier when in minigames if using the full set.

"Hybrid armour can be obtained from various minigames. These pieces of armour are entirely cosmetic except for when they are in the following PvP minigames"

The +strength bonus is anywhere on the map.

The +15% bonus is for the mini-game, so in the mini-game you get +strength and +15%.

The +15% bonus is for the mini-game, so in the mini-game you get +strength and +15%.

No.

ALL the stats every single last one of them are not in effect outside the mini-games.

The +15% is jsut a set effect it also gains in mini-games where you can actually wear the whole set.

Outside a mini-game hybrid armours are 100% cosmetic only

Plv6Dz6.jpg

No.

ALL the stats every single last one of them are not in effect outside the mini-games.

The +15% is jsut a set effect it also gains in mini-games where you can actually wear the whole set.

Given how vague Jagex was with the announcement, I'm not sure how sure we can be about this until someone on TIF actually gets a piece and posts a screenshot with the stats.

a70c7.png

No.

Given how vague Jagex was with the announcement, I'm not sure how sure we can be about this until someone on TIF actually gets a piece and posts a screenshot with the stats.

While these hybrid armour sets provide no benefits to statistics outside of PVP minigames, they do look very cool.
These pieces of armour are entirely cosmetic except for when they are in the following PvP minigames:

Yeah real vague there; I mean what could no statistics and entirely cosmetic mean?

It's so cryptic!

Plv6Dz6.jpg