23-Aug-2011 � New Rewards for Minigames

brainymidget

Black ibis gear is very rare indeed.

I only got 2 pieces in 1.6m exp and i've met someone who was well over 3m exp dry.

[hide=picture]thieving9924082011.png[/hide]

I got them both from looting urns, i believe top was from room 7 and legs were from room 8.

And yes, no boost in pyramid plunder..

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People on the RSOF who've gotten the Sceptre report that it's only from the Engraved Sarcophagus in room 8.

They say you need 91 thieving and 75 runecrafting to get it, though, and I have no idea where that 75 rc thing comes from.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Does anyone know if the Sceptre of the Gods is only obtainable from the last room? I know the wiki says it is but I'm inclined to take what it says with a pinch of salt on new content.

Not officially confirmed, but I've only read about it being obtained from the Engraved Sarcophagus in the 8th room in Pyramid Plunder which requires 75 RC to open (no idea why). The Sarcophagus can take quite a while to open so it's best to open that last if you want xp as well.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Does anyone know if the Sceptre of the Gods is only obtainable from the last room? I know the wiki says it is but I'm inclined to take what it says with a pinch of salt on new content.

Not officially confirmed, but I've only read about it being obtained from the Engraved Sarcophagus in the 8th room in Pyramid Plunder which requires 75 RC to open (no idea why). The Sarcophagus can take quite a while to open so it's best to open that last if you want xp as well.

Hey, I am too dumb to read any wikis or try it out myself, plz tell me if it gives any RC exp for opening?

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Hey, I am too dumb to read any wikis or try it out myself, plz tell me if it gives any RC exp for opening?

275 RC xp for opening, no other xp.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

All things considered, that's not a bad boost in RC xp at all.

Black ibis gear is very rare indeed.

I only got 2 pieces in 1.6m exp and i've met someone who was well over 3m exp dry.

[hide=picture]thieving9924082011.png[/hide]

I got them both from looting urns, i believe top was from room 7 and legs were from room 8.

And yes, no boost in pyramid plunder..

ONLY 2 pieces??

I've been doing pyramid plunder with few people the past couple days. I added up the total xp that we all got and the amount of black ibis pieces and here is what I came up with:

Total Thieving XP Gained: 22.4m

# of Black Ibis Pieces: 5

# of Sceptre of the Gods: 0

# of Pharoah's Sceptres: 2

Average 1 Black Ibis Piece every ~4.5m xp

This is from 4 different people from the past 3 days. The funny thing is the same person got 4 out of the 5 ibis pieces and the guy with the most xp (~8m) has not received a single piece of ibis.

Personally, I've gotten 4.1m xp with no sceptres or ibis pieces.

Legendknewl.png

All of them have 91+ thieving right?

Yes, we all started at higher than 91 thief and looted the RC Sarco everytime and most of the urns in rooms 7 and 8.

I feel like gathering information on these new things is going to be particularly hard, because if I recall correctly, the Black Ibis robes work similar to the new Hybrid gear. Once you have played enough to get one piece, you should start getting it faster. So with those 5 pieces in 20m or so XP, whatever it was, I bet in the next 20m, you will have gotten 10-15 pieces, probably more.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Thought I should try to sum things up as far as we know so far:

Top: 500 wins (Fight Pits, 2min or less each)

Legs: 100 wins (Soul Wars, ~25min each :wall: ) (look up "tinyyoshi" for proof that they actually exist!)

Helm: 75 wins (Castle Wars, ~25min each)

Boots: 500 wins (Pest Control, 2min each)

Gloves: 100 wins (Fist of Guthix)*

These are obviously all approximations as actual numbers will probably not be so rounded and pretty.

The Gloves/FoG is the only one I'm not "sure" about as most accounts note the # of tokens at the end rather than wins, which varies dramatically since it's based on charge difference and total level, nor do I know the time per game... :mellow:

Feel free to correct this or give your own experience.

2dgucz6.png

I feel like gathering information on these new things is going to be particularly hard, because if I recall correctly, the Black Ibis robes work similar to the new Hybrid gear. Once you have played enough to get one piece, you should start getting it faster. So with those 5 pieces in 20m or so XP, whatever it was, I bet in the next 20m, you will have gotten 10-15 pieces, probably more.

Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpouse of 2.5% bonus exp?

crossed_body.png

Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpouse of 2.5% bonus exp?

Sense when has Jagex ever cared about something making sense? :mellow:

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

Too bad the Ibis set doesn't give bonus to PP. A Jmod said these xp/h rates were already high enough and didn't need any boost. So what is the point of getting them other that the look the set may have... :roll: Nice logic.

EDIT: Does it work with monkey knife fighters??

Too bad the Ibis set doesn't give bonus to PP. A Jmod said these xp/h rates were already high enough and didn't need any boost. So what is the point of getting them other that the look the set may have... :roll: Nice logic.

EDIT: Does it work with monkey knife fighters??

Yes it does, which makes the logic even nicer.

Legendknewl.png

That's funny Toad, I was there with you and him but you didn't respond... :mellow:

Took some somewhat shoddy pics

de7gd4.png

2dgucz6.png

It shouldn't take more than 19m thief. When I was saying earlier about the 20m, that's because it was a combined 20m from 5 different people.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

No.

ALL the stats every single last one of them are not in effect outside the mini-games.

The +15% is jsut a set effect it also gains in mini-games where you can actually wear the whole set.

Outside a mini-game hybrid armours are 100% cosmetic only

What a stupid idea by Jagex (seriously).