23-Aug-2011 � New Rewards for Minigames

brainymidget

But seriously, so this is the epic hybrid armour? Unobtainable by casual players? great thinking, jagex....

This pretty much pissed me off. It's like they're screaming "You can only obtain this armour if you have a fat wallet, maxed skills and possess the best equipment in the game which would still probably be better then these hybrid gears."

If the drop rate isn't fixed soon, They're going to have their hands full with pissed off high-level casuals like me. I love CW, but im not [bleep]ing spending 50,000 hours playing everything else just for an armour set to wear.

Popoto.~<3

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But seriously, so this is the epic hybrid armour? Unobtainable by casual players? great thinking, jagex....

Unobtainable and, it appears, utterly useless unless you're in certain mini-games that allow you to use the armour for PvP situations while wearing the full set ...

:rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

Any word on the Thieving gear?

Not got any or seen anyone with any yet.

"The black ibis items provide a multiplier to your Thieving XP up to a maximum of 700 XP per action. The full set gives a 2.5% bonus. This boost can stack with other Thieving XP boosts."

I'd interpret that as if what you do gives (robbing dwarf trader or thieving from the Dorgesh-Kaan chest) 700xp then you get a 2.5% bonus, if it gives you 701xp+ then not.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

Unobtainable and, it appears, utterly useless unless you're in certain mini-games that allow you to use the armour for PvP situations while wearing the full set ...

:rolleyes:

While I agree with the drop-rate, what's wrong with a portion of an update focussed on activities is also being focussed on activities? You're sounding silly.

I think a number of these pieces could very well be mixed with existing pieces to create some nice def/atk bonuses, you might lose a fifteen percent bonus but we didn't have it before so it won't hurt to do it now.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

From reports I've seen the rarity curve drop off is quite steep; so after the first item from a game the later 2 follow quite quickly; which seems like a bit of a saving grace.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

In his study of 8 hours of Fight Pits, getting approx 30-40 wins/hour, Godly Cheese reported a total of 7 item drops. Within these 7 items, the last 6 came within the last 50 minutes of his game time, with 2 of them even being back to back.

That would agree with the theory that there is a distinct drop-off point.

EDIT : Interestingly, Nuke, a lot of people report their hybrid tops coming in at the 35k tokkul mark.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

About how many games would the 35k tokkul mark be, if anyone knows? Just murdering the same person over and over.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

About how many games would the 35k tokkul mark be, if anyone knows? Just murdering the same person over and over.

Pretty sure that the tokkul reward at the end of a game is the total combat levels of all the defeated. :mellow:

300 times killing a level 120? Owch :ohnoes:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

ya it seems gets easy got this after 3 games of first top

2ndtop.PNG

some random pics

cant bank 2nd top for spaceholder and tried dying it in wildy but you can run back there and loot it

EDIT: after dying it and picking it up it went bank lol for space holder

175mtop.PNG

battlestatsit.PNG

Nukearcher.gif

Ranged 101/99, Str 105/99, Att 105/99, Hp 106/99, Def 100/70, Magic 102/99

Can you get two different types? For example, select Trickster and then battlemage top?

yeah but i only want the battle one

Nukearcher.gif

Ah this is just making me want to play and get members so much. Don't think I have the time to play though. :(

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Gained 500 pc points so far with no boots.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

[bleep]ing idiots. Get rid of the damn bots and this update would be good. Soul Wars is 100% bots, no actual players go there except now to get these gears. Pest Control is 80% bots. Fight Pits is stupid and pointless - no one goes there, everybody goes to clan wars for a reason. Castle Wars is the only minigame oops I mean activity that's only semi-decent, but that minigame already has it's special suit rewards which increase damage.

Make these gears available for ALL combat minigames I mean activities (including POHs) and then this update would be good.

Who the hell would get these gears for Pest Control or Soul Wars? FFS they are all bots. It's not fun killing mass amounts of bots for over 15 minutes.

[bleep]ing idiots. Get rid of the damn bots and this update would be good. Soul Wars is 100% bots, no actual players go there except now to get these gears. Pest Control is 80% bots. Fight Pits is stupid and pointless - no one goes there, everybody goes to clan wars for a reason. Castle Wars is the only minigame oops I mean activity that's only semi-decent, but that minigame already has it's special suit rewards which increase damage.

Make these gears available for ALL combat minigames I mean activities (including POHs) and then this update would be good.

Who the hell would get these gears for Pest Control or Soul Wars? FFS they are all bots. It's not fun killing mass amounts of bots for over 15 minutes.

There are several nonmacro players that enjoy Pest Control and Soul Wars. Just because you have no experience with these minigames and just because they are botted (What isn't?) doesn't mean actual players don't enjoy it. That's almost like saying that everyone who cuts Yews or Ivy is a bot.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

Can they be high alch'd? with such a high value, if able to high alch, it should give a nice chunk of cash no?

cant be alched.

Nukearcher.gif

Traded kills for about two hours now. Nothing. :(

Based on the fact most reports so far first item came at rough same point you need 500 wins before you get it.

So trading kills thats 1000 games.

So even at 10 seconds a game u'd be looking at nearly 3 hours.

Using a more realistic 30 seconds - 1 minute it'd be 8 hours - 16 1/2 hours

Plv6Dz6.jpg