Troll hacking???

Harpy

Well here's the story.

Ok, January this year, I had been in my clan for ~4 months, 2 weeks of which I had spent doing Dungeoneering, I got from levels 1 to 84 (~240-250k tokens) I believe. However, due to irl problems, I decided to take a break/quit RS for a while. Fast forward 5 months. June 2011.

I decide, "hey it's summer why not start playing RS again." So I try to login, and vwala, what happens, I've been hacked. So after completeing the recovery information on my account, I receive it back ~1-2 days later. I login to find that all of my money on my account was gone. Which, I actually didn't care about, it was the Dungeoneering tokens that I cared about. I went to Daemonheim (sp?) and checked to see how many I had.

0 tokens.

I then next checked my exp to see if whoever hacked me had spent the tokens on exp. No exp gains.

I then checked my bank (again) to see if I missed any Dungeoneering items that might have been in it. None.

So he must have spent all ~240k tokens on needless items and dropped them? Anyways..continueing.

Fast forward again 3 months. 1 week of August (I thin kthat's 3 months? lol). I log in after being at the beach for a week, account is fine, until after completeing some Dungeoneering floors with some friends, I go to check my token count, and what do I find? They had all been used (except for the ones I had just received due to floors) on seemingly nothing (nothing in bank, no exp gains). But, nothing in my bank had been changed/taken. Thinking not much of it, I needlessly forgot to change my password (and about 3 days later, my bank was also taken lol). Anyways, so after that I changed pass to a much harder password and reset my recovery questions/e-mail. I ran a virus scan (was clean) and kept playing. Since then nothing has happened.

SO has anyone else experienced any "troll hackers"? Those just hacking you and spending things that don't actually help them in anyway?

Or do you guys know of some way that one could obtain Dungeoneering rewards, besides trading of course?

Anyways, hope I didn't confuse/bore anyone with this.

Thanks. :)

~Harpy/Loving

WqvZe.png

92 Fishing | 92 Firemaking | 92 Dungeoneering | 99 Cooking

100% FTP | 800+ Total | 19 Combat

Optima dies.. prima fugit. .::. Forever a Harpy

Could have alched the items? That's all I can think of

Do they have an alch value anyways?

I'm 8 magic, so I doubt he could of done that...

WqvZe.png

when i was hacked I had my entire bank cleaned :wall: , all quest items everything

only items left where my overloads/extremes :rolleyes: , nothing gets rid of them.

but yeah agree with wolter

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I quit for a while and came back about 2 months ago. I got into Dung out of nowhere, going from 76-92 in a week or two, then logged in to find my entire bank cleaned and all my tokens gone. I literally had 0 items in my bank. I'm a nearly maxed main, and my bank had 400+ items in it... What made me laugh was how the hacker must have spent hours emptying 7k extremes and 5k Serum 207s. I don't even understand why he emptied the 207s, as it helped me. Whatever, I've worked my way back up now.

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

I quit for a while and came back about 2 months ago. I got into Dung out of nowhere, going from 76-92 in a week or two, then logged in to find my entire bank cleaned and all my tokens gone. I literally had 0 items in my bank. I'm a nearly maxed main, and my bank had 400+ items in it... What made me laugh was how the hacker must have spent hours emptying 7k extremes and 5k Serum 207s. I don't even understand why he emptied the 207s, as it helped me. Whatever, I've worked my way back up now.

I recently got my goal of 99 Prayer, got 2k buckets of slime to empty... Shame you can't send the guy my way.

Good on you for finding a positive from something as horrible as that.

I recently got my goal of 99 Prayer, got 2k buckets of slime to empty... Shame you can't send the guy my way.

Good on you for finding a positive from something as horrible as that.

Luckily, I've climbed my way back up from when I was last hacked (in dungeonereing tokens atleast). I have about 140k of them so far. But I'm taking a big break from Dungeoneering for a while. Trying to get my bank back (my highest bank value was about 24m, I'm at about 640k now lol).

WqvZe.png

We need a sticky for threads about people being hacked, unless there's already one in another forum that's being overlooked. Over and over. You kind of stop caring after you've heard 20 people say the exact same thing in 10 different threads in one week. >.>

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

We need a sticky for threads about people being hacked, unless there's already one in another forum that's being overlooked. Over and over. You kind of stop caring after you've heard 20 people say the exact same thing in 10 different threads in one week. >.>

Sorry. I was in no way trying to be mundane by posting this. I was just trying to see if anyone else had heard of this/had it happen to them. If so what they thought about it.

Again, I apologize for the annoyance. :x

WqvZe.png

This one?

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

This one?

'Cept I am not venting..I'm tyring to figure out if anyone has had any similar experiences/knows anyone who does this.

WqvZe.png

This one?

'Cept I am not venting..I'm tyring to figure out if anyone has had any similar experiences/knows anyone who does this.

Yeah, I find tip.it idea that posts that are talking about this kinda thing need to be chucked in the rants fourm irritating.

General isn't exactly flooded with new posts these days, I mean they consolidated general f2p & p2p because of it.

I don't see the harm in this post here, if there isn't much discussion value it'll sink anyway.

Edit: blah I just bumped a discussion valueless post..

This one?

Yeah, I find tip.it idea that posts that are talking about this kinda thing need to be chucked in the rants fourm irritating.

General isn't exactly flooded with new posts these days, I mean they consolidated general f2p & p2p because of it.

I don't see the harm in this post here, if there isn't much discussion value it'll sink anyway.

Edit: blah I just bumped a discussion valueless post..

SHould just post an irrelevant rant about in general to be honest. ;)

Oh the irony.

So anyone else have this happen to them?

WqvZe.png

Yeah. Most of the times i've heard of hackers, they've dropped everything (though never the extreme potions etc).

Hackers like to cause pain. I'd bet some of them have written scripts which

a) hack acouunts

b) login and steal tradable items

c) ditch all the untradable stuff

That's what I would do if I were cruel and sadistic.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

misuseofwordhacked.jpg

Made my account in 2005 and never has been "hacked". Use stronger passwords such as one that has more than 8 characters, has punctuation and numbers in it. That's the kind of password I've been using, and I have never been "hacked" on any of my accounts on any websites I visit.

when i was hacked I had my entire bank cleaned :wall: , all quest items everything

only items left where my overloads/extremes :rolleyes: , nothing gets rid of them.

but yeah agree with wolter

Same thing happened to me. They completely cleaned out my bank but didn't have the energy/time to drop the thousand overloads and 5k spec restores lol.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Only real 'troll' hacking I've seen was a few years ago, one of my friends was hacked and lost his entire bank. Instead his bank was filled with... the exact number of shrimp required for him to get 99 Cooking.