15-Nov-2011 - Coming Next Week: New Website!

tripsis

I'm just gonna go to sleep, have a weird sex dream about Ezkaton, and then start the day fresh tomorrow. :thumbup:

Wait, what? :blink:

Ezk, you been fraternizing with the members again? :P

We've been having sexy time since before he was a mod so I'm grandfathered in. :razz:

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jrhairychest

I'm concluding that with all this outrage and feeling of injustice that many of you will be quitting RS now (both P2P and F2P). After all it's something that many feel passionate about. So, who's leaving then?

Lol thought not. So much for everyone's principles on this.

I'm concluding that with all this outrage and feeling of injustice that many of you will be quitting RS now (both P2P and F2P). After all it's something that many feel passionate about. So, who's leaving then?

Lol thought not. So much for everyone's principles on this.

I personally have stopped my membership due to Jagex and their actions. I vote with my money. Quitting the game entirely won't do more than that.

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

In regards to the Free Players being removed from the Hi-scores. I don't agree with it entirely. They should remove INACTIVE free players, or maybe set a level/exp requirement.

Anyway, this Forum Moderator didn't agree either and look what happened to him.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/573/mod1p.png

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/440/mod2l.png

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/828/mod3i.png

Jmod reply.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/526/jmod.png

So don't disagree, or you might wake up with a horse head in your bed.

~Couldn't figure out hide tags :3.

paulsig.gif

Cloud1924.png

Cloud1924.png

And so the world will end. I think a victim of love rather than hate, for love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.

Of course! Why can't you tell your boss that they are stupid and be free from any repercussions..

They are volunteers. They are players. They do not work for jagex and do not represent jagex.

They are certainly not subserviant to jagex.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

c/p off a video concerning the change:

I disagree, your hard work will reappear should you ever decide to resubscribe. The only members who suffer are those with 200m in skills, because it their subscriptions lapses and then they resubscribe, they'll be put at the end of the 200m ranks.

Couple Jmods recently came clean about the stance on f2p. They said it is a demo. This is a company, this is them taking priority for members over f2p. You want Jagex to be honest, this is their honesty.

And truthfully, it's 5 - 8 bucks. Oh no.

I'm pretty sure I saw a quote from a j-mod that said you would be placed back at your previous rank if you resubscribe with a 200m stat instead of being put at the bottom.

I disagree, your hard work will reappear should you ever decide to resubscribe. The only members who suffer are those with 200m in skills, because it their subscriptions lapses and then they resubscribe, they'll be put at the end of the 200m ranks.

Couple Jmods recently came clean about the stance on f2p. They said it is a demo. This is a company, this is them taking priority for members over f2p. You want Jagex to be honest, this is their honesty.

I'm pretty sure I saw a quote from a j-mod that said you would be placed back at your previous rank if you resubscribe with a 200m stat instead of being put at the bottom.

I've been hearing the exact opposite. That you will be placed at the bottom of the 200m list.

paulsig.gif

Cloud1924.png

Cloud1924.png

And so the world will end. I think a victim of love rather than hate, for love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.

Of course! Why can't you tell your boss that they are stupid and be free from any repercussions..

So you need to agree with every choice they make to VOLUNTEER for them?

paulsig.gif

Cloud1924.png

Cloud1924.png

I've been hearing the exact opposite. That you will be placed at the bottom of the 200m list.

http://gyazo.com/a7234039a7ab226b359d16d5ed8a8957

Taken from page 730 of 200m to all skills thread, original post is apparently on hlf.

Guest jrhairychest

I personally have stopped my membership due to Jagex and their actions. I vote with my money. Quitting the game entirely won't do more than that.

Realistically you haven't quit. You've just dropped members on principle, and I wonder how long that'll last. Quitting the game entirely will prove your point if you're 'that' upset about all this. Play another game where the company who runs it suits your moral stance. Good luck in finding one.

They are volunteers. They are players. They do not work for jagex and do not represent jagex.

Actually, they're expected to toe the line. Any form of representation is, paid or not. If they don't want to they can just relinquish the mod job and carry on. Oh yes, I forgot its principles made from paper. Lots of that going around at the moment.

How do individuals that have been given authority within a Jagex entity not represent Jagex ?

There seems to be a lack of understanding of how companies/organizations operate in real world situations on this thread. Unfortunately we do not live in a idealistic utopia where everything is in accordance to what we believe is "deserved" or "just". We live in a world where companies act pragmatically to protect their own best interests. If a volunteer for a political campaign came out and bashed the candidate they were volunteering for, they would summarily be fired. I expect nothing different from Jagex.

britonlongbo.png

How do individuals that have been given authority within a Jagex entity not represent Jagex ?

There seems to be a lack of understanding of how companies/organizations operate in real world situations on this thread. Unfortunately we do not live in a idealistic utopia where everything is in accordance to what we believe is "deserved" or "just". We live in a world where companies act pragmatically to protect their own best interests. If a volunteer for a political campaign came out and bashed the candidate they were volunteering for, they would summarily be fired. I expect nothing different from Jagex.

This is very much a false analogy. A game is not a political campaign. If it were, these mods would run on campaigns of I'm a jagex fanboy when they were modded.

But Pmods represent the players, not jagex. What jagex did to them was to betray their trust. If it were a jmod, the situation woukd be much different.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

No, you'll get the old rank back. Confirmed via Twitter.

This is very much a false analogy. A game is not a political campaign. If it were, these mods would run on campaigns of I'm a jagex fanboy when they were modded.

But Pmods represent the players, not jagex. What jagex did to them was to betray their trust. If it were a jmod, the situation woukd be much different.

Fair or not, Jagex has every right to remove you for disagreeing with them. I personally think it's rather cold, but after the Jiblixx thing, we shouldn't be surprised.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Realistically you haven't quit. You've just dropped members on principle, and I wonder how long that'll last. Quitting the game entirely will prove your point if you're 'that' upset about all this. Play another game where the company who runs it suits your moral stance. Good luck in finding one.

Like I said, I make my voice heard with my money. I was a regular member since it came out. With a blip here and there for different stuff, usually less than a 2 week lapse. I haven't had members since March or April. I don't intend to get it any time soon. I play a little when I have the time.

Once again, by quitting you end up leaving the problem as it is. That may work for some people and that's cool. You don't solve the problem, but you don't have to deal with it either. I stick around because I want to stay involved as long as I can stand it.

The *most* active thing any person can do is stop giving them money. After that it's the same. You quit, they get no money. You f2p, they get no money.

Quitting may solve your personal problem, but not the big one. It's about what you choose to do. So let people choose and stop trying to tell them what they *should* do and worry about what *you* do.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Okay. I just peed my pants and that was my last clean pair of underwear. <_<

eb12a8d8-1135-4d9a-abc2-a047ca7d8bf1.jpg

u mad f2p?

Yes I know it sucks, but it's late and wasn't wasting much time on this.

In all serious, can we finally admit that under Mark Gerhard this game is going to die? :-|

Someone needs to post that comic on reddit. ( not me ...dont even have a reddit acct)

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Guest jrhairychest

Like I said, I make my voice heard with my money. I was a regular member since it came out. With a blip here and there for different stuff, usually less than a 2 week lapse. I haven't had members since March or April. I don't intend to get it any time soon. I play a little when I have the time.

Once again, by quitting you end up leaving the problem as it is. That may work for some people and that's cool. You don't solve the problem, but you don't have to deal with it either. I stick around because I want to stay involved as long as I can stand it.

Rofl your earlier comments make it sound like you've quit based on what's going on *recently* in response to my post and it reads intentionally so. Sounds to me like you quit simply because you don't have the time to play anyway.

The *most* active thing any person can do is stop giving them money. After that it's the same. You quit, they get no money. You f2p, they get no money.

Quitting may solve your personal problem, but not the big one. It's about what you choose to do. So let people choose and stop trying to tell them what they *should* do and worry about what *you* do.

No the most active thing anyone can do is to leave altogether and try something new and do something they like. It drops your support completely from the product. Truth be told I don't expect anyone to quit because of this as it's all the usual hot air in the community.

Oh I don't worry about what you guys should do............I think some are quite....well....weird. They would rather sit there and have this festering attitude towards Jagex while still playing either F2P or P2P. I've never known anything like it. It's actually quite entertaining fascinating.