120 Constitution?

@Dan3HitU

I know Jagex said they'll never make any existing skills expand up to 120, but sure Constitution would be a great exception, or is it just me thinking this?

I know they're bringing life-point boosting armours but surely higher health/Constitution would also benefit this, after all the mid-to-top NPCs all have higher Constitution than other stats.

Higher Constitution would benefit everyone wouldn't it? Isn't it a no-brainer for them to expand Constitution?

I know it will probably never happen, but it must be worth asking for it surely?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

120 hpConstitution would then call for allother combat stats to be raised imo, you would have FAR less Ko potential in pvp, with brews & unicorn healing more.

If anything, add some armours that boost lp, starting with low levels

Addy gives +80

Rune +100

Probably not as much as this actually, but something like that.

(I mean new armour with the stats of Rune/ addy or whatever)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

120 hpConstitution would then call for allother combat stats to be raised imo, you would have FAR less Ko potential in pvp, with brews & unicorn healing more.

Addy gives +80

Rune +100

You say this like its a bad thing.

The current flaw of rs combat is we have too much KO power so very little poses a challenge, even if the top end bosses

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Addy gives +80

Rune +100

I heard a rumour going around that in 2012 they're removing all special attacks from weapons.

However, I then heard that every item is getting a special attack and they're changing the current ones, so it's probably all untrue.

However, I do think even with 120 Constitution the "ko" factor you say would still be the same, except you'd only have in basic terms an extra 210 health points and in old-hp terms, that's only 21 health.

Well 120 HP was my next guess for the 120 skill, then they released virtus/pernix/torva so i was like O

I still think they could do 120 Constitution, I mean in my opinion that would make those armours more useful and more appealing.

They mentioned (at Runefest?) that they're going to be adding lifepoint boosts to almost all pieces of equipment, so I doubt there's really a need for 120 Constitution - it'd just be extremely messy to implement an increased level cap on an existing skill.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

They mentioned (at Runefest?) that they're going to be adding lifepoint boosts to almost all pieces of equipment, so I doubt there's really a need for 120 Constitution - it'd just be extremely messy to implement an increased level cap on an existing skill.

I agree with having the lifepoint boosting armour on almost all pieces of armour, however surely people will then just go out and buy the best for their Defence requirement. My way would be to benefit those that continue to train past 99 in a way, I mean, take this for an example:

If you train Att/Def/Str along with Range/Mage you're almost certain to be at least Level 103 I believe. If that's the case then why not raise the Constitution level, or simply cap everyone at 99 (like they currently do) but don't allow further Xp gains as it is simply irrelevant (apart from the hiscores, which is already at its worst its ever been).

it'd just be extremely messy to implement an increased level cap on an existing skill.

It wouldn't, all that would happen is next time you logged in you'd be granted the Levels you've actually already achieved.

So, based on that, you have no reason to change?

My reason was in the initial post, the start of the topic.

It would benefit everyone (once they reach level 99) wouldn't it and would have no drawbacks as people below 99 wouldn't be affected.

People below 99 would be affected when fighting people above 99...

It wouldn't benefit people, as HP is the worst skill to grind (unlike dg) and would provide people with tons of useless collateral ranged xp.

I mean, I could say 120 farming is the most obvious next stat to go to 120 because with Livid & torstol & morchella & cactus & juju pots, people will probably go way over 99 anyway, and people below 99 farming aren't affected by the double herb yield at level 119 right!?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Before they revealed they were releasing lp boosts for all gear, I would've suggested a multiplier - more than 10lp:1 consitution level, going up as you went up in constitution levels, probably 15lp:1 level at 99.

But lp boosts would probably make that mostly redundant, as would be 120, and be better scaled by level.

So basically

Yes Dan, it is an issue.

No, your solution isn't the best.

But don't worry, they have a plan for fixing it... Eventually.

If soak and lp boosts were implemented well, I should think the scales would tip in the other direction, and it would become too hard to kill another properly geared player.

But if we go by the +200lp for the highest tier armor bodies and work our way down, it doesn't seem like something as low as rune will make any difference. Not to mention I thought I heard they were replacing soak with the lp boosts? Someone confirm please.

Thinking about it like this

80 40

_ x _

200 ??

??=8000/80

So a Rune Platebody would have like 100lp boost.

Not that the math required being written out, but you can use that model for figuring out others. I love proportions.

2dgucz6.png

They did say that soak was a terribly designed mechanic, and they wished that they'd never put it in in the first place. As for replacing soak, I assume they'll do that in the eventual overhaul of all the combat equipment.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I wish they'd increase the level cap of all skills to 120. Not because i ever plan on getting them, because getting 99 is always a huge downer and makes the skill feel pointless to train afterwards.

99's have always been something very few are actually expected to achieve but a nice long term goal to shoot for. Now days they're far too easy and the remaining player base are all no lifeing veterans. (You know it's true >.>)

Hp would be one of the easier more rewarding ones to implement, especially if they're already planning on adding HP boosting armour. But if you want to start off slower, i'd recommend skills like mining, woodcutting, fishing. Give a slight increase in speed and eventually add a few 100+ content. Once the 100+ content is ready, add smithing/fletching/crafting/fming/cooking/runecrafting. From their do the combats, so you can use the new armour/weapons/runes.

CNqWHdA.jpg

Why would you want to make the grind to max even longer...? The game is moving away from the 'max levels are super rare' kind and more towards the 'maxing is a reachable goal for long-term players'. I rather prefer the latter.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Id like them to raise the level cap to 120 on all skills, but keep the max cape that requires 99 in all skills. It will never happen anyway, the time it would take to develop the content and stuff would take far to long and they game doesnt need it yet, in a few years time maybe.

I would prefer level 120 in all skills, would make it really difficult and fairly rare to be maxed in a skill.

If you needed 104m xp in each skill to be maxed, no current account would be maxed, and about 6 people have the xp equal to that max, but mainly in fast skills. Making max total rarer than trimmed comp already is doesn't serve any purpose but to give the most dedicated grinders something to aim for that isn't a minigame.

I would prefer level 120 in all skills, would make it really difficult and fairly rare to be maxed in a skill.

If you needed 104m xp in each skill to be maxed, no current account would be maxed, and about 6 people have the xp equal to that max, but mainly in fast skills. Making max total rarer than trimmed comp already is doesn't serve any purpose but to give the most dedicated grinders something to aim for that isn't a minigame.

and is that really a bad thing? Would mean people are more dedicated to certain skills, rather than everyone being level due to having all 99s.

Although with that I am sure we would see a rush of 120 strength capes appearing.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]