Too Much or Too Little?

ForsakenMage

Because of so many updates like this, it seems quite a few people, from what I heard, are unable to explore the new mini-games, barrows, new areas of the map, etc.

i mostly agree with you apart from this point. I think that you should have to work to be able to do the barrows and other things like that. The barrows can provide great rewards and the timeyou invest more than pays it back - it should be a reward not a right.

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont mind a few low leveled quests coming out occasionally, but I agree with Forsaken. A really nice quest once a month with varying rewards based on levels would be nice. In addition, once in a blue moon, a very high levelled quest like Regicide, Legends, or Desert Treasure should be released only to the higher levelled players.

I would like all updates to cease for one month and have all developmental personel to work on graphically updating the game. All of it. I want Yanille, Ardougne, Catherby, Seers, Falador, Varrock...every part of the game to look as nice as Lumbridge, Sarim, the Elven Lands, Port Phantasmys...etc. However long it takes I will wait for consistent graphics.

I would like NPCs to be updated graphically, some made stronger. I was killing the King Black Dragon with Mummi, Oergg and Nathanich today for the first time...it looked awful compared to the Queen or the Three Kings.

Moreover, I want a massive Wilderness Update. Make a boat that takes you farther north, more monsters to train on, more rewards and cities. Make it so worth it to be in the wilderness that there are at least 300-500 players there at any given time! Make more teleportation levers around the world for access to various parts of the wilderness. Make quests that start in safe-havens of the wild and take place completely in dangerous areas. Make safe-haven areas sporatically where one may rest for a few seconds...far from training spots and with no banks (mage arena will remain the only bank). Just make it worth my time and money to go to the Wilderness.

Eastern Lands...I want them :).

Increased macro detection.

A comment ability for the report function.

A clan list like the friends list.

Tabbed bank pages (sections for amulets, food, armor, etc)

More offensive prayers.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

so true... i would like to see more erm fine tuneing then more constant updates.. im serious how many players are really really useing that new pyramid...(i know can't spell) but im serious its like jagex is desperately trying to interst players when 1/2 of runescape pks and their hasn't been an update for pking in like forever!

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

What I despite of Jagex's updates in that they don't link, do not complete eachothers and do not make any influence on the world, like a running tale. Each update is a seperate block of story, that ends at the end of the quest, pointlessly.

2480+ total

I agree. The new quests have all been useless. Why add a stupid short quest each week when its not even going to be fun or usefull?
Like someone said, Jagex can't make everyone happy. However, as someone pointed out, it does appear that they've ignored the majority and went with the middlemen in terms of what people want in terms of updates. The quest might be useful for some in order to break the monotony of raising skills, but at the same time it seems there's more than needed in my eyes. As said before, I have had heard complaints from fellow players that there are simply too many quests or skills and as a result they are unable to explore newer areas of the map, mini-games, barrows, etc.

As said, this is not a P2P vs F2P post so please do not turn it into one!!! Not once have I said F2Pers need updates, not once have I said that F2Pers deserve more. >_< So please: don't bring it up, thanks!

This is focusing on P2Pers in general in terms of the updates they receive. I know it's very odd that a post like this is coming from someone who has absolutely no experience on P2P, but I am still a witness to it so to speak just like everyone else. This is merely an observation that I believe should be looked at so that players are heard and that we can fully get a grasp of what the situation is and how can it be improved. I hope that this discussion would allow us to think about just what exactly do we want out of the game other than just quests.

NOTE!>

You all are more than welcome to suggest things that can be added to the Important List or Extra Stuff. Give it some critical thoughts though, not just "we need more weapons/armour." Think about why that stuff is needed before suggesting it. :P

Of course, you're also welcome to argue against my post too. :P

I may be the only one, but I like the stupid, pointless quests. Hand in the sand was one of my favorites because the whole thing was basically one big joke! It was hysterical! Kudos to Jagex's sense of humor.

Do a Tale of Two Cats, I found that pretty funny, your kitten\cat, talks to you and says some pretty outrageous things I thought were fairly humorous.

P.S sorry for spam!

Rose

What I despite of Jagex's updates in that they don't link, do not complete eachothers and do not make any influence on the world, like a running tale. Each update is a seperate block of story, that ends at the end of the quest, pointlessly.

This, I think, touches on the nucleus of the problem.

Think how much more anticipation and, dare I say, satisfaction would be felt for each week's update if it was tied into a greater storyline- or even just dropped a few spicy tidbits. That was why, despite my recent internet problems, I enjoyed this week's 15kB/s special [update] moreso than many of the past few- it had an enticing plot.

Quest storylines are the thing that excites me the most about quests, above rewards, above battles, above puzzles. They are where the true skill of the Jagex development team shines through.

And seriously, if there's not an eastern lands update soon... I think I'm gonna have a hernia. :lol:

I agreaa with all your points as well, especially about fixing the enormous macroing problem, thankfully they have taken a step in the right direction by banning those accounts, although since the people that macro generally macro using another account and then just trade to their main, it will only help in the short term.

As well as having new systems to detect people cheating in this way, we are also using a new system to go through and ban other accounts used by these cheats, so they can't just cheat on a 'throwaway' account they don't care about, and expect their other accounts to be unaffected.

Why does it seem so hard for ppl to understand that quoted part?

On topic: i agree 100% with forsaken, quests are stupid and lame and basically i just train my old p2p skills now. Mainly fletching which i have started to enjoy more and more every day.

No more quests for a year, ok jagex?

And why wouldn't they read tip.it cyco? they have been known to even reply here every now and then. (at least on the old board.)

jagex so called "new" system is just comparing IP's...It isnt very reliable and can lead to false bans.

w4M8t.png

toally agree, but i think f2p needs minigames, like castle wars.

and bring back duel any where. for p2p and f2p.

if f2p had duel any were and castle wars, im sure theyd be happy as can be

Why on earth would jagex want to make f2p happy? They want to make money.

I have nothing against weekly updates, be they quests or minigames or graphic updates or new areas or whatever. I think all these are necessary. I haven't done most of the p2p quests but I don't care if I don't complete them at the same rate new ones come out. Why would I want to everything done? It's cool to always something I haven't tried.

However, I would like to see bigger quests and updates. I said I have nothing against weekly updates, but I also wouldn't mind only monthly updates, if they had more thought in them.

There is one update I'm craving. I know it's near impossible, but I would love it if they rased the frame rate, and got rid of the character running madly back and forth, not being able to decide which side of the tree to go. I would be willing to sacrifice many many updates for this.

But I'm also happy with things as they are. Life is supposed to be perfect however difficult that is. RS is not supposed to be a life. I play when I like to, and if I didn't enjoy it, I wouldn't pay OR play.

Come dance.

Potkuassa.png

*Drags the stuff like "F2P" and "non-members" and "people who don't pay for the game" out of the discussion.* >_> It isn't the point of the discussion!

one point that might or might not have been made is that i believe (and i think i heard at some point) that jagex hires staff to be very oriented; that is, they've hired X amount of people to do quests, Y amount of people for skill updates, Z amount of people for graphic updates. so they can't just shift all their workforce into group Y or Z if they want; they'd have to train them or hire new people.

and it would be nice to see more quests oriented towards high levels, or to have alternate paths through a quest based not only on combat level, but which skills you have (mentioned in the first page to a degree)

ubersig2se0.jpg

Now I've been playing RuneScape for a long time now, at the start of february, it will have been 5 years. And truthfully, I believe the 6-8 months leading up to the release of RuneScape 2 was the best period of them game.

No updates whatsoever, the game was nice and stable, it was shortly before the collapse of the ingame community. The good thing about it was, you never had any new items coming into the game via updates, you never had people scamming with said new items (Selling brand new 'XYZ') and prices were stable. You could always get yourself a R2H for 45-55k and your larges for 25-30k.

Back then RuneScape was stable. Jagex need sit down, think, plan some sort of massive uber update, freeze updating RuneScape for 2-5 months, then have 1 large update, or even do it in stages if they wanted to to help with server load.

1 large update would be seriously AWESOME, and while they are scripting the updates, they can work on improving Customer Support.

I would much rather this than 2-5 months of extra little quests.

I kind of agree with what is being said here. Less minor updates, a larger update every few weeks (months), and work on customer support a little bit more. I haven't personaly had any probs with customer support but it seems that it's a concern in the views of alot of people.

I totally agree. The new quests are merely a facade to block how terrible the lag is getting, and the craptastic graphics. Jagex needs to work on graphics, anti-lag, and better marketing for members subscriptions.

80-rangeTJ1p.bmp

Proud Member of the Dragonz Clan

Very true. I agree 100% with the first post. Instead of adding quests, which are mostly nothing more tha fetching items for NPC's, I wish Jagex would work to improve the game by improving the ways to catch cheaters, work on customer support and have big updates rather than 10000000000 little ones.

Yeah, more quests for high leveled players. I seriously cannot remember the last time I purposefully had to train a skill in order to do it. And this is from someone who will take the random 6 months off of RS.

Most of the quests are just something to do for a short period of time. When is the last time a quest came out that people actually got a noticable benefit in terms of access to useful places? Priest in Peril. Even then, Morytania's not overly useful if you don't do Barrows or care about Prayer. Too many places are made to be these cool places, everyone gets high hopes, then... the place has a quest, and afterwards the new area becomes like Rimmington.

I'm hoping when Priffdinas comes out (IF it does, nowadays I doubt it will) there will be several useful things about it. You know, make it a city you can go to do several things. Like in or around Ardougne, you can mine, theive, and do a spot of farming. Plus it's close to the fishing guild.

Keldagrim could, and should, have been a big boon to all sorts of miners and smithers, but the anvils are too far away from the bank, as are the furnaces, and the mines pale in comparison to several of the already existing mines.

And seriously, what use is the desert (excluding Al Kharid) for the average player past a few quests? None that I can see, besides slayer... Absolutely none. And that's a real shame. Morytania is also kind of weak on player draw, though its much better than the desert...

I agreaa with all your points as well, especially about fixing the enormous macroing problem, thankfully they have taken a step in the right direction by banning those accounts, although since the people that macro generally macro using another account and then just trade to their main, it will only help in the short term.

As well as having new systems to detect people cheating in this way, we are also using a new system to go through and ban other accounts used by these cheats, so they can't just cheat on a 'throwaway' account they don't care about, and expect their other accounts to be unaffected.

Why does it seem so hard for ppl to understand that quoted part?

On topic: i agree 100% with forsaken, quests are stupid and lame and basically i just train my old p2p skills now. Mainly fletching which i have started to enjoy more and more every day.

No more quests for a year, ok jagex?

And why wouldn't they read tip.it cyco? they have been known to even reply here every now and then. (at least on the old board.)

jagex so called "new" system is just comparing IP's...It isnt very reliable and can lead to false bans.

You have no idea what your talking about, so why even comment?

My brother in law was running an autoer on a comp here, his 5 accounts were banned, my accounts were untouched.

yup^

Jagex said them self they dont compare IP's because its to unreliable.

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

Soup

Do you like soup? Most people do, least I know I do. Matter of fact I am a long time soup eater and can make over 350 different varieties of soup. We could eat soup everyday, breakfast, lunch and supper and seldom ever eat the same soup twice in a year.

Thing is, even though I like soup, even though I actually adore some soups, I still prefer to not eat soup everyday as soup will quickly become to boring. And rather than slam out a new soup everyday wouldn't it be better if I re-thought those soups that where okay but not quit right? Maybe mix new spices or veggies and take an okay soup and make it fantastic?

No one here is saying they do not like soup...they are saying instead maybe we could do with a little less soup all the time And that maybe we can re-think some of the older soup recipes and make them better and maybe, just maybe instead of soup all the time we can shoot for a hamburger now and then or who knows??? Maybe even a steak dinner with all the trimmings.

Regardless, I prefer to savor some of my soups and if you give me new soups all the time I feel pressed to go sample them rather than spend the time I wanted to spend on the soups I discovered I enjoyed the most.

And your right, soup is not hard to make. There are only two soups I haven't as of yet made...it isn't about them being hard to make but rather...I am still chewing on the last soup that was tossed my way and prefer to digest it before I sample a new soup.

(burp)

Excuse me :oops:

Mully

mullein5me5ai.jpg

Mully you kill me! :lol:

And dang! Well put :shock:

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed

And yes, those people that use the instant soup mix rather than make thier soup from scratch really annoy me. But what can the head chef do? Instant soups are avalible all over and lazy people are attracted to the dream of being a real soup maker even if they cheated to get there.

I think the head chef does the best he can with the situation and works hard to make the kitchen a fun place for all the serious soup makers.

...but I thought this thread was about soup...written by long time soup makers and not about the fake soup in a box people.

Gads...next thing you know we will be talking about Chili or worse...Stew!

:D

mullein5me5ai.jpg