31-Jan-2012 - Troll Warzone

Saradomin_Mage

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on which Thok the lore is referring to now, I guess. Initially when I saw the tutor, I roughly thought, Oh it's Thok's daughter, named after Bryll. But this does open up ... various ... weird things (like Thok has a daughter? Who'd have guessed? :-k )

I guess it's possible he's a father, but then we haven't gotten to play through Thok's saga to see if he ever gets miss Divine Skinweaver. Lmfao

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Bryll has to be Thok's daughter her last name Thoksdottir, translates as Thok's daughter.

So I'd guess Thok, Marmaros and Bryll must have a father called Thok; if only Thok and Marmaros has a second name we could suss it out (eg if they were Thok Thoksdottir and Marmaros Thoksdottir)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Bryll has to be Thok's daughter her last name Thoksdottir, translates as Thok's daughter.

So I'd guess Thok, Marmaros and Bryll must have a father called Thok; if only Thok and Marmaros has a second name we could suss it out (eg if they were Thok Thoksdottir and Marmaros Thoksdottir)

It'd be Thoksson for those two, though :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It'd be Thoksson for those two, though :P

Wouldn't be "son" would have to be fremmnikanised

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Plv6Dz6.jpg

I should think in reality Isaakson is a stupid mistake on jagex's part, you could perhaps explain it away as whatever child comes first dictates the end, but then unless there's a 4th elder female sibling Bryll should be Thoksson/Thokssen.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Considering how the fremennik names follows the norse tradition of adding -dottir and -son depending on the gender, thor thorsdottir would be just wrong. The thing is that girls can have -son as a last name, because the name can be taken up as a familiy name. But if it's -dottir, then it's always a daughter. I can't think of one example where -dottir have been adopted as a family name.

Not sure if this was already posted, the black armour that's gonna come out

372px-New_black_armor_preview.png

Well it might not be how Black Armour will look, it's been around a while. You can also see fancy new Rune armour at the Warriors Guild and the 'frame' of it in POH. It's not 100%, it could be, but it could not be either, they could have had adjustments in the 1 year gap in which they've appeared like that!

I'm glad I saved the black platebody (g) and several sets of complete full black armor. :D

I'm glad the (g) sets are being updated! They will look amazing

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Now THAT is awesome! :thumbsup:

Can someone post a picture of the new Rune armor from the Warrior's Guild that Jon mentioned? I'm dying to see what it looks like.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Can someone post a picture of the new Rune armor from the Warrior's Guild that Jon mentioned? I'm dying to see what it looks like.

Actually, I'm right there. Hold on...

We were actually going through and checking each of the previous "updated" armor stands to see if any had changed.

25i946c.png

On the left is what I think he's referring to, while on the right is Vanguard (for some reason...).

Also pictured: #Zamorak pride

Sadly, those in Zem's hideout in the north hadn't, nor had the ones in the Wise Old Man's house. The summoned bronze/iron/steel armors haven't changed either. There are a few rune armor sets copied directly from the WOM's house further in, but they're old.

Just checked the POH spot for good measure. It's in the shape of the same generic semi-updated armor (like in WOM's house) but when I built mith it turned out the same as pre-RSHD.

2dgucz6.png

Actually, I'm right there. Hold on...

We were actually going through and checking each of the previous "updated" armor stands to see if any had changed.

25i946c.png

On the left is what I think he's referring to, while on the right is Vanguard (for some reason...).

Also pictured: #Zamorak pride

Sadly, those in Zem's hideout in the north hadn't, nor had the ones in the Wise Old Man's house. The summoned bronze/iron/steel armors haven't changed either. There are a few rune armor sets copied directly from the WOM's house further in, but they're old.

Just checked the POH spot for good measure. It's in the shape of the same generic semi-updated armor (like in WOM's house) but when I built mith it turned out the same as pre-RSHD.

That's not the armour... it's in the room where you face off against rune armour and stuff. Both the rune armour set and that black armour have been around for a while, so it is possible Jagex may have overhauled both of them since then.

Every armor stand in the Warrior's Guild except the ones in this room are copied from somewhere else and have been around for a while, so why even mention them? That's why I assumed you meant the ones in this room. The one I'm standing next to at least looks like it's a higher tier version of the steel we got. I suppose I probably should have worn steel to show the comparison but it's whatever... :mellow:

2dgucz6.png

I think this set was meant, not what was shown above

120203091857.png

These however have been around much longer than that new black set, and IMO the black set looks closer to how these other released sets look, style-wise, I think perhaps the black set shown will be the real style, while the rune set shown here may get a new overhaul (Perhaps keeping the helms look though)

That's what I meant ^^ however I was under the impression that the black armour came out alongside the Void Quests (thought it was in the black knights Taverly dungeon hideout), although now I'm not so sure. I just wanted to point out that if that was the case, the black armour (alongside the rune armour) will probably be improved upon further then what is currently available to see in game.

I'd highly doubt that black armour as being anything of note, you can clearly see it still conforms to the old shapes with a few added spikes. The new armours are waaaaayyyy different and when you think black is only a small step up from steel it's not gonna be too extremely different from steel (though based on bronze > stell it will be a little bit bulkier an have a few more armour plates)

Plv6Dz6.jpg