31-Jan-2012 - Troll Warzone

Saradomin_Mage

Is there a way to restart the tutorial? Because when I went through the gate north of Falador, I got the popup about the tutorial, but because I was examining stuff I accidentely clicked to not do the tutorial, and now I seem to miss out a whole story and stuff. :s

Task system > options > tutorial mode on

Be warned to complete the tutorial you do have to get a burthorpe slayer task & complete 3 quests (druidic ritual, death plateau and the new one; though it does suggest doing wolf whistle in one of the pauses)

And for no explicable reason tutorial takes you on a nice lap of all the tutors but completely ignores construction, dg and rc despite having tasks for them (build a room, build furniture, buy wicked hood, tele via kinship, form aprty, do a floor)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the resetting of the slayer streak a glitch or a feature? Not happy about it if it's supposed to reset. I'm mid way through a task so havnt gone past it yet.

Is this only if you interact with the slayer chick or is this a full all out reset of everyone, I'm like 3 tasks from another 50th.

I haven't checked mine -.-

It's not a glitch or anything. It's mainly due to people assuming that getting a task from the Burth slayer master during the tutorial wouldn't reset their streak. At least that's what happened to most people on RSOF. If you complete your task and then get a task from him/her, you can complete the Burthrope/Taverly task with no problems.

icecube7.jpeg

I'm more interested in seeing how higher armours like rune will look.

This is what I'm interested in.

I hope they're more consistent with these than they have been with their weapon updates. :pray:

I would suspect that since they already have the mercs wearing what they are, they probably have the rest of the sets done but just wanted to stretch it into another update for next month.

To be fair, today's update was relatively HUGE. Of course we still don't know if they'll be updating all the special lower-mid level armors so they may decide to stretch it into three... :mellow:

I expect the FAQ will probably tell us as much tomorrow.

2dgucz6.png

Is the resetting of the slayer streak a glitch or a feature? Not happy about it if it's supposed to reset. I'm mid way through a task so havnt gone past it yet.

Is this only if you interact with the slayer chick or is this a full all out reset of everyone, I'm like 3 tasks from another 50th.

It's not a glitch or anything. It's mainly due to people assuming that getting a task from the Burth slayer master during the tutorial wouldn't reset their streak. At least that's what happened to most people on RSOF. If you complete your task and then get a task from him/her, you can complete the Burthrope/Taverly task with no problems.

Are you sure about this? I thought that at any time getting a task from Burthrope would reset your count regardless?

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Is there a way to restart the tutorial? Because when I went through the gate north of Falador, I got the popup about the tutorial, but because I was examining stuff I accidentely clicked to not do the tutorial, and now I seem to miss out a whole story and stuff. :s

Task system > options > tutorial mode on

Be warned to complete the tutorial you do have to get a burthorpe slayer task & complete 3 quests (druidic ritual, death plateau and the new one; though it does suggest doing wolf whistle in one of the pauses)

And for no explicable reason tutorial takes you on a nice lap of all the tutors but completely ignores construction, dg and rc despite having tasks for them (build a room, build furniture, buy wicked hood, tele via kinship, form aprty, do a floor)

Thank you, already tried it, but the tutorial starts without the cutscene of the Troll, I'm kinda sad about it, really wanted to see it. :s

Are you sure about this? I thought that at any time getting a task from Burthrope would reset your count regardless?

Yep. I completed my Spectre task, got a Cave Bug task from Burthrope (which did not count towards my streak), and continued my streak when I went back to Kuradal. On 49 now :D.

icecube7.jpeg

I never thought about that. Getting a burthrope task if you have none set should be just fine and dandy. It won't count towards your streak, burthrope never does, but the reset is a penatly for having burthrop override your currents task, not from just getting one there. I guess I never thought of that because the first thing I do after finishing a task is get a new one. It's like I always have a task.

Guess I have some gargoyles to kill so that I may continue.

And if they stretch out the armor updates, and they probably will because [bleep] you all the people waiting, I'm not going to be happy about it. But then, they haven't rolled out the bts yet, so maybe they are going to fire them out over the next two weeks.

Someone just posted this thread:

15-16-853-63544601

I lost a 530 kill streak because I did this task. I finished my Kuradel task FIRST but it still reset me. O_o

Is there anyway round not getting reset? I know there's nothing I can do but a friend wants to do the task but doesn't want resetting.

Still can't see why it reset me if I finished my task first, I went from level 75 ish to 15m Slayer exp without ever resetting...

Sounds like there's a chance of a glitch? :ohnoes: or was was my experience the glitch? Either way, doesn't sound safe.

icecube7.jpeg

15-16-853-63544601

I lost a 530 kill streak because I did this task. I finished my Kuradel task FIRST but it still reset me. O_o

Is there anyway round not getting reset? I know there's nothing I can do but a friend wants to do the task but doesn't want resetting.

Still can't see why it reset me if I finished my task first, I went from level 75 ish to 15m Slayer exp without ever resetting...

Sounds like there's a chance of a glitch? :ohnoes: or was was my experience the glitch? Either way, doesn't sound safe.

I wonder if this is affecting anybody who hasn't done a task. I don't want to kiss my 960 kill streak goodbye even though I have not killed one abyssal demon today(my current task). <_<

From what we gathered in that thread (based only on 4 people's experience), it seems that the getting a task from Turael/Spria during the tutorial will reset your streak whether or not you're on a task. But if you're out of the tutorial you can get a task safely from them, if you're not on a task.

Also, someone claimed that they completed the Burtrope/Taverly task with a slayer task from another slayer master started after the update. Worth a try.

icecube7.jpeg

15-16-853-63544601

This was also the case for several HYT fc chatters, which was extremely disheartening.

hzvjpwS.gif

The troll is going to solve my excess duplicate pet problem. He's going to be baby penguin (wrong colour) followed by raven (because again, I have a duplicate).

When you think about it, the troll is a good way to rid yourself of pets you don't want (quickly) and any items you are too lazy to drop (if it's trade-able). It's a walking garbage can.

I'm assuming that it interrupts skilling by feeding your pet? Would be cool if it didn't.

Too many glitches it sounds like, so I'm staying away for a while...

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Best troll name I've seen so far is "Drunk Dragon"

No idea what to call mine when I get it.... Fire Cape doesn't work I assume?

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

owhat.png

Am I the only one who sees that or am I seeing things?

Nope earlier this month I actually posted on a RSOF thread it looks like daedric lol, and tbh the new leather armor reminds me of Skryim too

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

idzvyv.png

Anyone know how this person got their troll a name like that lol?

I created a new account following the tip it hack thing as I was unable to retrieve my old account due to it being registered with an email address that ceased to exist in 2007.

My previous username was Amethyst Gem

idzvyv.png

Anyone know how this person got their troll a name like that lol?

Give him the bones you get from killing the troll lieutenant (Magic staff)

Did anyone do the repeatable tasks after you complete Death Plateau?

I can do one task, but after that it's bugged...

First you must bring a crate to the Archers on the Death Plateau.

After that the Command says: "We still need some more supplies though. Please speak to Denulth if you have a chance."

But the problem is when you talk to Denulth, nothing happens it goes like this:

Me: "Hello!"

Denulth: "Welcome back friend!"

Me: "hello!"

Denulth: "Welcome back friend!"

After that I only have two options, but nothing about the tasks.

"How goes your fight with the trolls?"

"I thought the White Knights controlled Asgernia?"

If you give the troll the bones from the first boss, it's just "My dad".

Anyway, if you want more comparisons, put armadyl next to elven armor.

"I need these boots respiked."

"Okay."

"Wait, that's it?"

"Yep."

"You're not going to ask me to do something ridiculous like pick up your groceries?"

"Nope."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"I...I need to go lie down for a bit."

If you talk to the guards out front at the fort, he'll reference the old lock that was removed. If you talk to one of the archers at the ambush point, he'll mention how he got trapped in the storage room for a week. Ah, memories...

8f14270694.jpg

owhat.png

Am I the only one who sees that or am I seeing things?

Nope earlier this month I actually posted on a RSOF thread it looks like daedric lol, and tbh the new leather armor reminds me of Skryim too

The Dragon armour now is essentially the same as armour from Daemonheim?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

If you're not on a task you should be fine. I thought it reset me because when I finished the task for the tutorial it said you have completed a task and not 182 but then I went and did a task for kuradal and I had 182 completed.

Is that risk for everyone who has a task currently or does it apply to those who have a task and are doing the event?

You guys are really clutching at straws comparing Daedric and Dragon, let alone Primal.

Armadyl and Glass have similarities but it's practically just the wing things on the legs and the helmets and general curvyness of the armors...

JaGEx isn't ripping off Skyrim.

2dgucz6.png