price of the new flasks?

turothking

I'd actually argue the opposite. If they haven't designed it so that flasks cannot be refilled, I think it's a serious design flaw. They should make so that you have to use the six doses and that's it, otherwise it's a pointless exercise.

This to be honest. If the flasks can be refilled at 1 dose then there is no point making them break in the first place.

Agreed, which is why it would be a design flaw. If you're going to make them 6 doses and break OR 5 doses and last forever, you may as well just release a flask that holds 5 doses and lasts forever. Which is why I think it will be just 6 doses and break.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg the dwarven avatars look fantastic. :3

They definitely look better. Although...does this mean that their chat heads will be updated along with this? They seem way more detailed than any other NPC in the game so far...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

They definitely look better. Although...does this mean that their chat heads will be updated along with this? They seem way more detailed than any other NPC in the game so far...

Chathead of dwarfs has been updated for ages, where have you been

hzvjpwS.gif

No, I meant updated to match that look. Then again I haven't seen a dwarven chathead in quite a while... -.-

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

No, I meant updated to match that look. Then again I haven't seen a dwarven chathead in quite a while... -.-

If you can survive the lag, they have a dwarf of that high of detail in the new Burthorpe/Taverly. He's near a cave and I think he may be the Mining tutor. The guy who sells gravestones also had that look during the Halloween update I think.

So... at least they're releasing them "topically" lol. Is there a major race that hasn't been updated yet to this standard other than the Dwarves? Maybe Kalphites, Penance, aboveground demons, but no major "races" anymore right? Other than most human NPCs...

2dgucz6.png

Is there a major race that hasn't been updated yet to this standard other than the Dwarves? Maybe Kalphites, Penance, aboveground demons, but no major "races" anymore right? Other than most human NPCs...

These haven't been updated.

Cave Goblins

Elves (though they use the player model)

Goblins

TzHaar (coming soon)

Ogres

Monkeys

The list goes on to other smaller races as well like giants and so on.

Hmm, at least out of those, Goblins are also coming (check the media page on the official website). I figure Elves will come on a case-by-case like humans are at the moment (like in Branches of Darkmeyer, how the main characters were updated).

Just from that list, I feel like Monkeys are most in need of attention...

2dgucz6.png

There's a certain graphical standard they're bringing most everything up to, although I'm reluctant to declare exactly where the "line" behind which everything needs updating is.

For example, Dungeoneering at one point had the best graphics, but you can clearly see the disparity in detail between the objects there and freshly released ones. I'm not saying DG is screaming for attention, just that even something as new as that isn't up to par with today's graphics.

2dgucz6.png

There's a certain graphical standard they're bringing most everything up to, although I'm reluctant to declare exactly where the "line" behind which everything needs updating is.

For example, Dungeoneering at one point had the best graphics, but you can clearly see the disparity in detail between the objects there and freshly released ones. I'm not saying DG is screaming for attention, just that even something as new as that isn't up to par with today's graphics.

I agree with you. The game is so massive and they constantly need to ramp up their standards that bits and pieces of the game often outpace others that aren't even that old. Still, I think the world can live with a little dulling on the Dungeoneering graphics while they bring other areas out of the early RS2 years.

hzvjpwS.gif

I say keep the old graphics because after every graphical update, the playability of the game gets lower and lower for me. Just take that burthrope area for example. If I go to burthrope right now, the game would crash and I'd be stuck there until I get a new computer. <_<

Still, I think the world can live with a little dulling on the Dungeoneering graphics while they bring other areas out of the early RS2 years.

This. I wish they would list all the content by release date and promise to focus on the older content (as long as it has a visitor population above a certain *low* amount), and then do it in order.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

How about this:

To fill a flask, you actually need to create a potion in it; you can't add doses from a vial to a flask. However, you can decant freely between flasks. If you add the last dose in a flask to another, the flask will break.

I'd guess it's like this but you could add doses from vial to an empty (non-used) flask and after the first fill you could only refill it by using remainings from other flasks on it (the other flasks would break).

Edit: My guess for the price is 10k-20k

This answer was correct :) (apart from the price thing which is still unknown)

Since it's the first day, I'll still offer a prediction

1. Initial high price with a very quick drop after the first day - just happened today

2. Flasks flood the game the first week as it's pretty much the only new content (well, really cool other news to test out)

3. Flasks used in the game become a consistant rate - demand is constant

4. Interest in making flasks wane as it's a daily task - supply is limited

Give it about three weeks to smooth out the initial rush. After that, it depends how annoying of a daily task this is. The 150k from MTK, 100k from battlestaffs and 150k from broad arrowheads takes less than a minute of effort each (well, getting to Baba Yaga adds a bit more).

I'll predict it'll turn out to be 100k per minute of effort in the long run. Again, I don't know how much that is per flask.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit