The Back Room

stevepole

I think I'm getting a GF! :thumbsup:

Congrats! When someone starts to sink, life always throws a float.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

*Reveals 20,000 soldiers in Mather's float*

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

* reveals the fact that he's going to guitar slap nex when he sees him next time*

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I just editted the raws of my DF to make goblins have the same ethics as dwarves. Hopefully that will mean that they are best buds, and will trade with me. Not like those elves who won't give me metals. :(

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

[cabbage], my fortress is out of booze.. And food! And dusty, i could only grab the demo, i'm askin someone to find the full thing.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I did. It came up with the demo.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

No.. But i got exactly what i needed for my newest migrant wave.. bulls, cows, and horses!

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

What type of trap should I build? I'm thinking of a goblin grinder (or possibly a noble room situated directly over the entrance to actually make them useful give them a commanding view of a siege). Or hell I could use the pitfall type trap as well.

LNYvk.png

Pitfall trap, hmph. That's a use for worthless dwarves as well, just toss a pickaxe in and drop 'em down to mine a hole to the center of the earth.

Deep fried goblins, get yer deep fried goblins here.

Wouldn't it be awesome if someone modded the core of the world in DF to be ice? Then, theoretically you could mine through the core and come out on the other side of the world. I wonder what would happen if you tried?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

A dwarf is possesed and wants glass. the game says i have sand. WHERE THE HELL IS THE SAND!

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

You should probably wall in the dwarf's workshop (or simply almost wall it in and add doors) in a precaution for him going insane. On a side note should I use traps to kill the goblins caught in the goblin grinder or simply marksdwarves?

LNYvk.png

Starve em out, actually. Or put a balistae at the other end, for target practise.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

i'm going with the balisstae idea. All outside farms are to be carefully walled off, and then guarded by balistae encampments.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

An easier way would be to channel downwards and put your outside farms underground. :thumbup:

Did that, but i have several above ground farms with stairways leading too them. Thank god my last 21 dwarf migration had a seige engineer. And several cow, bull, and horse calves.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Erm why do you need above ground farms? I'm doing quite well with just a few fisher dwarfs (an underground system I rigged that uses a grate to keep out the nasties but lets the normal fish in) and a good 100 cavern tiles for farming.

LNYvk.png

I use the above ground farms for extra food, and to spice up the booze. Dwarves hate it when they only have one type of the stuff.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Yah but it's also considered above ground if you channel and do it underground. It makes it easier because you don't have to use more stones to build walls.

That's a good idea Grim. I did that with a fishing platform that extended out into the ocean, but it just resulted in my dwarves being pulled in by tuna or another large fish and killed that way.

True, but they could use the target practise.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

yeh, but the seige engineer i got was legendary. That makes it an epic catapult of doom, if i had a catapult.

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]